ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Geet1328
India

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Geet1328 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:32 pm

hadeea wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:29 pm
Geet1328 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:08 pm
M2sam wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:50 am
TAS01 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:23 pm
Should I wait full 90 days before contacting my MP?
Hi you should wait the full 24 weeks, as their stated time scales. How many weeks have passed for you?
Hi
Really confused ... so now 12 weeks does not exist now it takes 24 weeks for all applications
in my case its 34th week from 19/1/2017, still no reply, in my case i just applied after after few weeks of my marriage, may b this is the reson of delay otherwise no objection raised on my case,
Oh goodness!! So have you escalated?!?! Involved your mp ... what are they doing with your application???

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Hi all

34th week now and still awaiting. Applied 13/1/17

Escalated my case couple of times and been told due to insufficient income case was put on hold.

I have 2 jobs. My second job income didn't seem sufficient to them. That's what they told my MP.

They are doing more checks before they can decide.

They have not requested anything yet.. But I have my recent payslips and P60.

I don't understand why it doesn't look sufficient?!

I and pregnant and going on my maternity leave end of this month.

I hope I hear good news.. So stressed out:(

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:19 pm

I waited 90 days and emailed them to escalate/find out what the delay was. They replied after 5 days asking for more info, date of biometrics, passport number, location of biometrics submission, d.o.b's etc. Once I supplied the info, They then replied the next day, stating that they do not have any updates and they will pass it on and that I should wait 15 days. I not been so well in the meantime, but received another email 20 days later, apologising as it was the busiest period of the year and that we should wait for a decision. All I can do now is wait for the 120 days and contact my MP. If he can't get an answer, then there is not much more I can do, just wait...

abhachandel
Newly Registered

Post by abhachandel » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi All

Everyone here struggling from long time just to get a visa. I cant say even visa just to get a decision which might be a rejection as well. If they are going to reject it after 6 months then it will take a year of your life to get a visa and to be with your spouse or other option just leave the country. Some of you just wont have option to leave as you well. On top of that this is just entry visa , from here your need an extension and 5 years wait to get citizenship.3 months in itself is enough time to reject / accept application or if that is not the case they could have given those realisitic time line on website. They can make the process transparent.
Cant we do some thing about it together so we can get a decision in a time line so that at least can plan life accordingly instead of putting life on wait for a year.
I was looking through some option one i find out is that petition can be filed, if 10000 people sign it , then it need to be go under debate in parliament.
Do let me know if any other way is available like Right to information etc .etc
Its not all about , I got my visa so finally even after six months so I am sorted out its all about we all suffered for long time , and not sure how many more families will suffer and go through the same thing

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:31 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:32 pm
hadeea wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
M2sam wrote:

Hi you should wait the full 24 weeks, as their stated time scales. How many weeks have passed for you?
Hi
Really confused ... so now 12 weeks does not exist now it takes 24 weeks for all applications
in my case its 34th week from 19/1/2017, still no reply, in my case i just applied after after few weeks of my marriage, may b this is the reson of delay otherwise no objection raised on my case,
Oh goodness!! So have you escalated?!?! Involved your mp ... what are they doing with your application???
my solicitor applied for PAP, next week going to court

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:33 pm

samkahn wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:19 pm
I waited 90 days and emailed them to escalate/find out what the delay was. They replied after 5 days asking for more info, date of biometrics, passport number, location of biometrics submission, d.o.b's etc. Once I supplied the info, They then replied the next day, stating that they do not have any updates and they will pass it on and that I should wait 15 days. I not been so well in the meantime, but received another email 20 days later, apologising as it was the busiest period of the year and that we should wait for a decision. All I can do now is wait for the 120 days and contact my MP. If he can't get an answer, then there is not much more I can do, just wait...
u applied as priority case or standerd

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:44 pm

abhachandel wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:30 pm
Hi All

Everyone here struggling from long time just to get a visa. I cant say even visa just to get a decision which might be a rejection as well. If they are going to reject it after 6 months then it will take a year of your life to get a visa and to be with your spouse or other option just leave the country. Some of you just wont have option to leave as you well. On top of that this is just entry visa , from here your need an extension and 5 years wait to get citizenship.3 months in itself is enough time to reject / accept application or if that is not the case they could have given those realisitic time line on website. They can make the process transparent.
Cant we do some thing about it together so we can get a decision in a time line so that at least can plan life accordingly instead of putting life on wait for a year.
I was looking through some option one i find out is that petition can be filed, if 10000 people sign it , then it need to be go under debate in parliament.
Its not all about , I got my visa so finally even after six months so I am sorted out its all about we all suffered for long time , and not sure how many more families will suffer and go through the same thing
Yes
But how can we do that?

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:18 pm

abhachandel wrote:
Hi All

Hi
That's good option if we can go for That u have info how could start it. It will be helpful for all.

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:03 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
hadeea wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
M2sam wrote:

Hi
Geet people have been waiting since December. Involving MP even takes time you just have to wait :roll: for God knows how long

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:07 pm

M2sam wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:03 pm
Geet1328 wrote:
hadeea wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

Hi
Geet people have been waiting since December. Involving MP even takes time you just have to wait :roll: for God knows how long
So frustrating and depressing :roll:

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:07 pm
M2sam wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
hadeea wrote:

I know, just pray, be strong. This is the toughest time we have to face in life.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:14 pm

M2sam wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:10 pm
Geet1328 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:07 pm
M2sam wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

I know, just pray, be strong. This is the toughest time we have to face in life.
True !! I just hope and pray we all get good news very soon !!

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:35 pm

Guys - I find no use of contacting solicitor or MP or anyone. Best way is we need to find out approaching the court. Has anyone wrote to PM office?

@Sunni - I know you have applied in last Nov and you told recently u have approached high court? Could you please update me what happpend after that ?

abhachandel
Newly Registered

Post by abhachandel » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:40 pm

Can anyone update on detail High Court process ??

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:50 pm

Hold applications

Any news

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi Raj86

No news yet.. Still waiting

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:16 pm

abhachandel wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:40 pm
Can anyone update on detail High Court process ??
you need to hire a solicitor. 1st step is pre action protocols through solicitor before judicial review.

bittu11
Mood:
India

Post by bittu11 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:07 pm

Raj86 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:50 pm
Hold applications

Any news
Hi no update at all don't know how they are processing the applications... it's really frustrating :shock:

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:51 am

MrClientServer wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:35 pm
Guys - I find no use of contacting solicitor or MP or anyone. Best way is we need to find out approaching the court. Has anyone wrote to PM office?

@Sunni - I know you have applied in last Nov and you told recently u have approached high court? Could you please update me what happpend after that ?
@MrClientServer/all, I have told my solicitors to make a formal complaint and take it to high court this is still ongoing so will update as soon as I hear something.

For everyone else please approach your MP before taking it any further. MP's talk directly to case workers that are dealing with your application but the problem here is that the case worker will lie and come up with any excuse to the MP. i.e it's still in progress, you should hear something very soon etc. etc.

If this route does not help get your MP to write to the immigration minister, give this about a month for a response if unsuccessful get a solicitor to make a formal complaint before taking it to high court. Good luck everybody.

abhachandel
Newly Registered

Post by abhachandel » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:07 am

Sunni0 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:51 am
MrClientServer wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:35 pm

@MrClientServer/all, I have told my solicitors to make a formal complaint and take it to high court this is still ongoing so will update as soon as I hear something.

For everyone else please approach your MP before taking it any further. MP's talk directly to case workers that are dealing with your application but the problem here is that the case worker will lie and come up with any excuse to the MP. i.e it's still in progress, you should hear something very soon etc. etc.

If this route does not help get your MP to write to the immigration minister, give this about a month for a response if unsuccessful get a solicitor to make a formal complaint before taking it to high court. Good luck everybody.
We already contacted our MP and this the response we got so that is not worth . Below is the response to MP

I've spoken again to the Home Office. They tell me that they are still working on your wife's application and are not in a position to make a decision yet.

In the circumstances, I think it's just a case of waiting for them to make a decision. Sorry I can't offer any more positive news at the moment. I know it must be tough for you both.

No, they basically said that it would take as long as it takes. I know that they have a fairly big backlog as there was a Supreme Court judgement that affected some cases earlier this year.

so till now we have no time period and no frame and it could take an year or two

charlie2000
Newly Registered

Post by charlie2000 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:59 am

Wow, they actually said a year or two. Crazy timeframes.

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:41 am

abhachandel wrote:
Hi All

after how many months u got ur visa?
in my case 8th month is going and now i m going to court next week.

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:07 am

@hadeea

Hi

did you file judicial review? or is it just a complaint?

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:10 am

frazy325 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:07 am
@hadeea

Hi

did you file judicial review? or is it just a complaint?
my solicitor will file next week, preparing case and gave final notice to HO

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:26 am

Do you know how much time does it take for judicial review?