ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Emm
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Emm » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:29 am

:!: This visa application process is very torturing emotionally and mentally,in our case,I am the sponsor,my hubby received a decision made email but when he collected his passport, there was no visa,no refusal letter, no stamp. We escalated it about 4 weeks ago,no reply from Sheffield, Mp has written to them about a week ago, I just don't understand what's going on,even if it was a refusal,there should d have been a refusal letter ?4 weeks on,we still don't know what decision they made .VERY FRUSTRATING .

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:35 am

They may have put it on hold like they did to us. Sent the passport back with no decision. Ask your husband they may have sent on his email may be in junk.

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:54 am

Emm wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:29 am
:!: This visa application process is very torturing emotionally and mentally,in our case,I am the sponsor,my hubby received a decision made email but when he collected his passport, there was no visa,no refusal letter, no stamp. We escalated it about 4 weeks ago,no reply from Sheffield, Mp has written to them about a week ago, I just don't understand what's going on,even if it was a refusal,there should d have been a refusal letter ?4 weeks on,we still don't know what decision they made .VERY FRUSTRATING .

Try phoning them up Emm, I feel for you, be strong

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:39 am

frazy325 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:26 am
Do you know how much time does it take for judicial review?
if the case is strong, judge will order same time to HO to give decision to applicant. usually no one comes from HO to attend court proceesing.

Mdoyle
Newly Registered

Post by Mdoyle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:05 pm

We received a response from the MP a few days ago:

On 20 April, we received X application. I am sorry for the delay in concluding her application.

X application is one of a number of cases that were temporarily placed on hold following a judgment by the Supreme Court on 22 February concerning the family Immigration Rules in Appendix FM. The reason for this pause was to enable us to consider the implications of the judgment and any impact on our decisions. The hold has recently been lifted and applications are being progressed.

However, I am unable to provide a timescale for the conclusion of X application. We will contact X if we require further information or for an update regarding the expected completion date.

Typical unhelpful copy and paste response. We have made a complaint to the Home Office. Once we get the presumably unhelpful response we will be able to complain to the Ombudsman. You have to get your MP to make a referral to the Ombudsman. Apparently the Ombusdsman is very critical of the Home Office and upholds 70% of complaints. Who knows how long that will take though.

Mdoyle
Newly Registered

Post by Mdoyle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Mdoyle wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:05 pm

On 20 April, we received X application. I am sorry for the delay in concluding her application.

X application is one of a number of cases that were temporarily placed on hold following a judgment by the Supreme Court on 22 February concerning the family Immigration Rules in Appendix FM. The reason for this pause was to enable us to consider the implications of the judgment and any impact on our decisions. The hold has recently been lifted and applications are being progressed.

However, I am unable to provide a timescale for the conclusion of X application. We will contact X if we require further information or for an update regarding the expected completion date.

Typical unhelpful copy and paste response. We have made a complaint to the Home Office. Once we get the presumably unhelpful response we will be able to complain to the Ombudsman. You have to get your MP to make a referral to the Ombudsman. Apparently the Ombusdsman is very critical of the Home Office and upholds 70% of complaints. Who knows how long that will take though.
I should add that I meet the financial requirements as a sponsor and we have no children so there is no reason our application should have been on hold.

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:14 pm

hadeea wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:33 pm
samkahn wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:19 pm
I waited 90 days and emailed them to escalate/find out what the delay was. They replied after 5 days asking for more info, date of biometrics, passport number, location of biometrics submission, d.o.b's etc. Once I supplied the info, They then replied the next day, stating that they do not have any updates and they will pass it on and that I should wait 15 days. I not been so well in the meantime, but received another email 20 days later, apologising as it was the busiest period of the year and that we should wait for a decision. All I can do now is wait for the 120 days and contact my MP. If he can't get an answer, then there is not much more I can do, just wait...
u applied as priority case or standerd
We applied as standard. Although I have checked the timelines thread and have noticed at least two, who have applied a week after me and got their visa's end of July...

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Mdoyle wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:06 pm
Mdoyle wrote:

I should add that I meet the financial requirements as a sponsor and we have no children so there is no reason our application should have been on hold.
Very peculiar, the reasons for such a delay after reading lots of postsare
- 2nd Marriage
-Children
-2 Jobs
-Messed up Paperwork
-Applying 2nd time

Mdoyle
Newly Registered

Post by Mdoyle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:16 pm

M2sam wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:08 pm
Mdoyle wrote:
Mdoyle wrote:

- 2nd Marriage
-Children
-2 Jobs
-Messed up Paperwork
-Applying 2nd time
None of the above apply to us (assuming the paperwork wasn't messed up).

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:27 pm

M2sam wrote:
Mdoyle wrote:
Mdoyle wrote:

- 2nd Marriage
-Children
-2 Jobs
-Messed up Paperwork
-Applying 2nd time
add one more reason
recent marriage (in my case, in my opinion)

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:31 pm

@hadeea
No, I mean time taken to get court date for judicial review?

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:03 pm

frazy325 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:31 pm
@hadeea
No, I mean time taken to get court date for judicial review?
just few days as told by my solicitor

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm

hadeea wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:27 pm
M2sam wrote:
Mdoyle wrote:
Mdoyle wrote:

- 2nd Marriage
-Children
-2 Jobs
-Messed up Paperwork
-Applying 2nd time
add one more reason
My friend came back from Pak married, applied straight after, got visa. Many poeple who suffice the threshold income have no reason to wait for a year to put their visa in, infact most people I would assume would there visa in straight after. I hope you get your visa soon. I hear that September they will make lots of decisions. I don't know how credible that claim is.

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:47 pm

M2sam wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm
hadeea wrote:
M2sam wrote:
Mdoyle wrote:

- 2nd Marriage
-Children
-2 Jobs
-Messed up Paperwork
-Applying 2nd time
add one more reason
My friend came back from Pak married, applied straight after, got visa. Many people who suffice the threshold income have no reason to wait for a year to put their visa in, I would assume most people would put their visa in straight after. I hope you get your visa soon. I hear that September they will make lots of decisions. I don't know how credible that claim is.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:54 pm

M2sam wrote:
hadeea wrote:
M2sam wrote:
Mdoyle wrote:

- 2nd Marriage
-Children
-2 Jobs
-Messed up Paperwork
-Applying 2nd time
add one more reason
My friend came back from Pak married, applied straight after, got visa. Many poeple who suffice the threshold income have no reason to wait for a year to put their visa in, infact most people I would assume would there visa in straight after. I hope you get your visa soon. I hear that September they will make lots of decisions. I don't know how credible that claim is.
Hi
How long did it took for your friend to get his visa?

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:54 pm
M2sam wrote:
hadeea wrote:
M2sam wrote:

- 2nd Marriage
-Children
-2 Jobs
-Messed up Paperwork
-Applying 2nd time
add one more reason
Hi
2 months, but to bear in mind he was working for government.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:33 pm

M2sam wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:28 pm
Geet1328 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:54 pm
M2sam wrote:
hadeea wrote:

add one more reason
Hi
2 months, but to bear in mind he was working for government.
Ok ... but was it this year ? I know it does not make any difference in our case but any little good news also makes us happy

Christ-Believer
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Christ-Believer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Has anyone here applied earlier than Dec 2016 and still waiting for a decision?

Just curious what those people are doing and what they've been told about the wait.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:53 pm

NHS REFUND

Guys I just found out that it will take one month for them to refund nhs fees so just thought I would share with u guys....

ozzyc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by ozzyc » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi there,
Is there anyone whose application has been escalated and got the decision within 15 working days?

Colombakolla
Kenya

Post by Colombakolla » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Christ-Believer wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:44 pm
Has anyone here applied earlier than Dec 2016 and still waiting for a decision?

Just curious what those people are doing and what they've been told about the wait.
I applied FLR-FP in June 2016 and still waiting!!!
Every time I check the online tracker....shows the same thing 'updated 25 may'

Have been chasing my mp.....he asked me what's wrong in going back to my own country to live....apart from that no luck/progress at all!!

Another lawyer told me to vary the application to Flr-M as I meet all the requirements, however I have not been brave enough

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:40 pm

Colombakolla wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:16 pm
I applied FLR-FP in June 2016 and still waiting!!!
Every time I check the online tracker....shows the same thing 'updated 25 may'

Have been chasing my mp.....he asked me what's wrong in going back to my own country to live....apart from that no luck/progress at all!!

Another lawyer told me to vary the application to Flr-M as I meet all the requirements, however I have not been brave enough
This topic is for spouse visa appication delays OUTSIDE the UK and not for FLR(FP) or in country spouse visas. Kindly refrain from posting FLR(FP) or FLR(M) posts here.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aysun90
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by aysun90 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:35 pm

ozzyc wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:03 pm
Hi there,
Is there anyone whose application has been escalated and got the decision within 15 working days?
i havent heard any, whats your story? mine been escalated and nearly 15 days since but nothing yet.

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:51 pm

@hadeea
Thanks. Please let us know if you get any date for hearing. If this is quicker I will do as well. I am waiting since Jan.

Ace87
Mood:
Philippines

Post by Ace87 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:31 am

Sydvir wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:41 pm
Hi ak80
Is it In Active or inactive??

Hi
If you don't mind me asking what site did you check if your complete or in complete? I would like to check my mine. Am on my 18weeks now. Apply May.15