ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O - ILR - Degree used in the past for English language points

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

somilm
Newly Registered
India

SET O - ILR - Degree used in the past for English language points

Post by somilm » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:49 pm

All,

KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE!!

Please help me as it is extremely confusing and I am sure has been asked multiple times..

I made my first application in 2010 and claimed points for English language using my BCom degree. Now when I am applying for my ILR, the points calculator is not available and the SET O form doesnt allow me to say "Degree used previous for points"

My simply question is do I go to UK Naric or there is still a way for me to say that I have used this degree in the past.

Thanks,
Somil

nanoram
Newly Registered

Re: SET O - ILR - Degree used in the past for English language points

Post by nanoram » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Hi,

You need the UK NARIC certification of your degree and english language. Its mandatory.

Good luck.

humanityrultz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET O - ILR - Degree used in the past for English language points

Post by humanityrultz » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:17 am

somilm wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:49 pm
All,

KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE!!

Please help me as it is extremely confusing and I am sure has been asked multiple times..

I made my first application in 2010 and claimed points for English language using my BCom degree. Now when I am applying for my ILR, the points calculator is not available and the SET O form doesnt allow me to say "Degree used previous for points"

My simply question is do I go to UK Naric or there is still a way for me to say that I have used this degree in the past.

Thanks,
Somil
Non Uk Degree not valid for ILR hence you need to get either UK Naric or B1 Level English test certificate.

For UK NARIC , you need to get a letter from your affiliated university "Degree taught in English" and then apply for UK NARIC certificate by submitting original degree certificate, letter. It might arrive 7-14 working days.

If you attend B1 test (example: Trinity) you will get a certificate with in 7 working day's.
Choice is yours.

what I noticed from other applicants..... B1 test seems less hectic compare to UK NARIC.

All The Best.