ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa Delay Pakistan

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashehzi

Re: Tier 4 Visa Delay Pakistan

Post by ashehzi » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi,

First they sent email stating we tried to contact you on your given numbers but my sister said she didn't receive any calls. So they booked telephonic interview for 7 sep 1330 BST but she got call around 1000 BST on 7 Sep.

nabeelhussain92

Post by nabeelhussain92 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:21 pm

ashehzi wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:12 pm
Hi,

First they sent email stating we tried to contact you on your given numbers but my sister said she didn't receive any calls. So they booked telephonic interview for 7 sep 1330 BST but she got call around 1000 BST on 7 Sep.
Ok Thanks.

Can you share what were the questions?

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Just generic ones like why this uni, did you apply to other unis in UK and elsewhere, who is supporting financially or where did the money come from, where living in UK, how to travel to uni, as we, her brothers, live in uk so Case Worker asked if she would be living with us, and answer was NO as we live in different towns. When did she finish earlier education, what is her salary in current job and how much will it increase after MS, intentions to come back to PK after degree etc.

NomanRafique
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by NomanRafique » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:53 pm

Hello Everyone, I am following these posts from more than a month ago.As I got email and sms from Gerry's to collect my passport.Tomorrow I am going to collect my passport.I am going to share my timeline with you guys:-
Application centre:-Islamabad,Pakistan.
Online Application:-18th July 2017.
Course starting date:11th September 2017.
Biometrics and Interview:-27th july 2017.
ECO Assigned:-4th August 2017.
Decision is delayed:-18th August 2017.
escalated and called UKVI several times and every time they took all of my details saying that my application is being escalated but the funny thing about them is I emailed them a week ago and today I received the email that my application is being escalated again.So guys please don't waste your money by calling UKVI or emailing them.They will make a decision whenever they want to.July applicants are now getting visas quickly in these days.So don't worry.You all will get visa soon As I have waited for a long time and I can understand your feelings.

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:19 pm

NomanRafique wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:53 pm
Hello Everyone, I am following these posts from more than a month ago.As I got email and sms from Gerry's to collect my passport.Tomorrow I am going to collect my passport.I am going to share my timeline with you guys:-
escalated and called UKVI several times and every time they took all of my details saying that my application is being escalated but the funny thing about them is I emailed them a week ago and today I received the email that my application is being escalated again.So guys please don't waste your money by calling UKVI or emailing them.They will make a decision whenever they want to.July applicants are now getting visas quickly in these days.So don't worry.You all will get visa soon As I have waited for a long time and I can understand your feelings.
Hope so mate , what worries me though is that I applied on 11th July from Islamabad and still waiting .. I never recieved any email about my case not being straightforward or anything , which confuses me really .. How come students applied after me getting decisions and I still don't know what's going on

nabeelhussain92

Post by nabeelhussain92 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:25 pm

NomanRafique wrote:
Did you get an extension from your university?

Did they call you for second interview?

kingkhann
Newly Registered

Post by kingkhann » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:32 pm

another applicants of 20 July from Pakistan got visa...

NomanRafique
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by NomanRafique » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:44 pm

mjaan wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:19 pm
NomanRafique wrote:
Hope so mate , what worries me though is that I applied on 11th July from Islamabad and still waiting .. I never recieved any email about my case not being straightforward or anything , which confuses me really .. How come students applied after me getting decisions and I still don't know what's going on
I can understand your worry.As in these days UKVI is super active in making the decisions of july applicants.And I think the people who have escalated their applications getting there decisions early, but it's a complicated thing and it all relays to UKVI.I know that the wait will be worth in the end.I heard from the guys who applied on 11th july and 14th july got there decision in the past two days.So, don't worry july applicants will soon hear from Gerry.As I daily tracked my application on UKVI tracker but it said that it's unrecognised still today.I think it is not working. I wish you best of luck and I hope we will hear from you soon getting visa.

NomanRafique
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by NomanRafique » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm

nabeelhussain92 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:25 pm
NomanRafique wrote:
Did you get an extension from your university?

Did they call you for second interview?
Yes,I did called the university in the past week to let the UKVI know that my course is starting on 11th September but they replied me that we cannot do anything to speed up the process and they said 8 weeks is there processing time and after that we can contact them about why they haven't made the decision yet.They advised me that you can join the course upto 2nd October if need be.So it gave me a little relief.As my course starting date was 11th Sep and latest joining date is 16th September 2017.

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:12 pm

NomanRafique wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:44 pm
mjaan wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:19 pm
NomanRafique wrote:
I can understand your worry.As in these days UKVI is super active in making the decisions of july applicants.And I think the people who have escalated their applications getting there decisions early, but it's a complicated thing and it all relays to UKVI.I know that the wait will be worth in the end.I heard from the guys who applied on 11th july and 14th july got there decision in the past two days.So, don't worry july applicants will soon hear from Gerry.As I daily tracked my application on UKVI tracker but it said that it's unrecognised still today.I think it is not working. I wish you best of luck and I hope we will hear from you soon getting visa.
Hope so mate and thank you

shp
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shp » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:31 pm

I applied from VFS Karachi on 27th July. I just called UKIV and the operator told me my application was decided on the 8th of September. When can I expect to collect my visa?

princeyumair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by princeyumair » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:11 pm

shp wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:31 pm
I applied from VFS Karachi on 27th July. I just called UKIV and the operator told me my application was decided on the 8th of September. When can I expect to collect my visa?
Wait for SMS or Email, VFS will alert you once your passport arrived so wait for it and congrats bro :) I am waiting still :(

Zaria
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaria » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:47 pm

I know a lot of students are facing issues with their visa delays. I applied for tier4 general student and my husband applied as my dependent on same day. Here is our case,
Course start date: 12th September
Our application date :24th July
Our Biometrics and interview : 27 July
UKVI received our case : 4th August
I got my Application processed email: 21st August
I got my Tier 4 student visa : 29 August
So on 18 August my husband got email regarding delay in processing.
We are still waiting for his decision. We called and emailed UKVI several times, they say your application has been escalated.
My vignette sticker expires on 19th September. I can't travel alone. If I go alone before 19th and my husband's visa gets refused what will I do? In that case my university fee will not be refunded. There is no way i will stay in UK for a whole year or so without my husband.
We are really disturbed and worried because of this whole process. Anyone else with same situation? :?: :(

Zaria
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaria » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:12 pm

Zaria wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:47 pm
I know a lot of students are facing issues with their visa delays. I applied for tier4 general student and my husband applied as my dependent on same day. Here is our case,
Course start date: 12th September
Our application date :24th July
Our Biometrics and interview : 27 July
UKVI received our case : 4th August
I got my Application processed email: 21st August
I got my Tier 4 student visa : 29 August
So on 18 August my husband got email regarding delay in processing.
We are still waiting for his decision. We called and emailed UKVI several times, they say your application has been escalated.
My vignette sticker expires on 19th September. I can't travel alone. If I go alone before 19th and my husband's visa gets refused what will I do? In that case my university fee will not be refunded. There is no way i will stay in UK for a whole year or so without my husband.
We are really disturbed and worried because of this whole process. Anyone else with same situation? :?: :(

One correction
Our Application date was 20 July

amnanasir100
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by amnanasir100 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:15 am

Hi guys!

I found this forum really helpful so I'm sharing my issue with you all too. I got a full scholarship to attend a university in the UK. However, I still haven't received my visa. My bio-metrics and interview was taken on 1st August and I received the email that I have been assigned with an ECO on 9th August. On 18th August I received an email that it will take longer to process the decision. I am constantly calling the UKVI centre and they keep telling me that my case is been escalated. The university has also contacted them and its the same response. I first called the UKVI on 30th August and they said my case will be escalated, but 10 days since then and there isn't much they are doing. A few of my fellows who applied weeks after me and the one who applied the same day as me, got their visas. Can anyone tell what's going on maybe? I have talked to the university and they have told me clearly that they can't provide me with further extension (since I'm a scholarship student) and I must be in the UK by the 18th of this month or my scholarship will be revoked. Please suggest what I can do? Thank you.

amnanasir100
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by amnanasir100 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:20 am

amnanasir100 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:15 am
Hi guys!

I found this forum really helpful so I'm sharing my issue with you all too. I got a full scholarship to attend a university in the UK. However, I still haven't received my visa. My bio-metrics and interview was taken on 1st August and I received the email that I have been assigned with an ECO on 9th August. On 18th August I received an email that it will take longer to process the decision. I am constantly calling the UKVI centre and they keep telling me that my case is been escalated. The university has also contacted them and its the same response. I first called the UKVI on 30th August and they said my case will be escalated, but 10 days since then and there isn't much they are doing. A few of my fellows who applied weeks after me and the one who applied the same day as me, got their visas. Can anyone tell what's going on maybe? I have talked to the university and they have told me clearly that they can't provide me with further extension (since I'm a scholarship student) and I must be in the UK by the 18th of this month or my scholarship will be revoked. Please suggest what I can do? Thank you.
Also, the university has informed me that my CAS hasn't been used yet which means my application hasn't even been accessed.

khozam

Post by khozam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:22 am

amnanasir100 wrote:
Hi guys!

My case is also similar like yours. I am also a scholarship student, applied in the start of August and still waiting for the decision. I think UKVI takes 30-35 working days for normal cases with ordinary visa package.
I am also expected a reply in this or coming week. My session is going to start on 18th but my university said they will accept me with scholarship in-tact if I come by 03rd October. This is one reason that I am not that panic about the delay. Cases backlog is being cleared off and I hope to have a visa update in coming 10 working days.

I will suggest you to engage your university asking UKVI about your visa status and taking a decision on it considering that you have not been granted extension to attend your university if visa delays..!!

Wish you all the luck.

amnanasir100
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by amnanasir100 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:33 am

khozam wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:22 am
amnanasir100 wrote:
Hi guys!

My case is also similar like yours. I am also a scholarship student, applied in the start of August and still waiting for the decision. I think UKVI takes 30-35 working days for normal cases with ordinary visa package.
I am also expected a reply in this or coming week. My session is going to start on 18th but my university said they will accept me with scholarship in-tact if I come by 03rd October. This is one reason that I am not that panic about the delay. Cases backlog is being cleared off and I hope to have a visa update in coming 10 working days.

I will suggest you to engage your university asking UKVI about your visa status and taking a decision on it considering that you have not been granted extension to attend your university if visa delays..!!

Wish you all the luck.
Hi Khozam!

Thanks for replying. Can you please tell me how you're expecting to hear from the visa centre in this week? Like did your consultant tell you or something? And can you please also tell when you applied? Thanks.

amnanasir100
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by amnanasir100 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:35 am

amnanasir100 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:33 am
khozam wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:22 am
amnanasir100 wrote:
Hi guys!

Wish you all the luck.
Hi Khozam!

Thanks for replying. Can you please tell me how you're expecting to hear from the visa centre in this week? Like did your consultant tell you or something? And can you please also tell when you applied? Thanks.
I don't know how come people who applied weeks later than us got the visas and we didn't.

khozam

Post by khozam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:22 am

amnanasir100 wrote:

Hi Khozam!

I applied on 04th August and my 30 days will be completed on this Thursday. Moreover it is anticipated that many of the applicants in late July have started receiving their passports back, even some early August applicants have got their visa decisions. And more importantly UKVI is also aware that class sessions will start in Sept so they are making decisions faster than before.

I did not got any advice from any consultant - I Google the updates myself to keep me informed.
Please be sure to have some news in 10 working days as your timeline has also reached 30 working days time frame.

Good luck.

amnanasir100
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by amnanasir100 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:41 am

khozam wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:22 am
amnanasir100 wrote:

Hi Khozam!

I applied on 04th August and my 30 days will be completed on this Thursday. Moreover it is anticipated that many of the applicants in late July have started receiving their passports back, even some early August applicants have got their visa decisions. And more importantly UKVI is also aware that class sessions will start in Sept so they are making decisions faster than before.

I did not got any advice from any consultant - I Google the updates myself to keep me informed.
Please be sure to have some news in 10 working days as your timeline has also reached 30 working days time frame.

Good luck.
That's the problem. I don't have 10 working days to wait for. My deadline is really close so I'm worried. But thank you. You've been really helpful. God bless and good luck to you too.

faizandaud
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faizandaud » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:43 am

Any luck for 31st July applicants?

khozam

Post by khozam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:50 am

khozam wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:22 am
amnanasir100 wrote:

Hi Khozam!

I did not get any advice from any consultant - I Google the updates myself to keep me informed.

Good luck.

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:22 am

How do you call ukvi?
Just by charging phone card or they take credit cardno?

khozam

Post by khozam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:53 am

Razbi wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:22 am
How do you call ukvi?
Just by charging phone card or they take credit cardno?
Make a direct call at UKVI office using these phone number details: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... uk/english

Before calling, get your active credit/debit card as well as your visa application details ready like: GWF Number, date of application etc.

Once you call, an automated teller will as for entering credit/debit card details. As soon as your card s verified, the call will be forwarded to the call center agent. Please note that your call might be put in a queue before an agent picks up.