ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 entry clearance denied- way foward

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NNN2017
Newly Registered
Uganda

Tier 4 entry clearance denied- way foward

Post by NNN2017 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:02 am

Im seeking a 2nd opinion,
i was refused entry into the UK about a week and a half ago and i've seen spoken to my uni and got my place deferred until Jan 2018 ( another intake starts then)
My visa was denied under para 245ZV(c) because one of my parent's bank statements showed another name ( my sisters) and it was said that i didn't show that the funds were under of exclusive control of parent thus the document was inadmissible. it was concluded that i hadn't shown that i possess the required funds.
The uni visa office representative has told me that chances of this decision being reversed in AR are very slim because the reason for refusal was valid however he recommends i still give it a try, i personally dont see the point.
I plan on re-applying for a new visa in the coming months but this time the required funds are going to be on a single account which is in my names.
to what extent would this previous refusal affect any future applications?

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Re: Tier 4 entry clearance denied- way foward

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:04 am

NNN2017 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:02 am
i was refused entry into the UK about a week and a half ago and i've seen spoken to my uni and got my place deferred until Jan 2018 ( another intake starts then)
My visa was denied under para 245ZV(c) because one of my parent's bank statements showed another name ( my sisters) and it was said that i didn't show that the funds were under of exclusive control of parent thus the document was inadmissible. it was concluded that i hadn't shown that i possess the required funds.
The uni visa office representative has told me that chances of this decision being reversed in AR are very slim because the reason for refusal was valid however he recommends i still give it a try, i personally dont see the point.
I plan on re-applying for a new visa in the coming months but this time the required funds are going to be on a single account which is in my names.
Have u applied Admin review yet??

NNN2017
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by NNN2017 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:14 am

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:04 am
NNN2017 wrote:
No i haven't, i'm still within the timeframe but i've decided not to

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:17 am

NNN2017 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:14 am
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:04 am
NNN2017 wrote:
No i haven't, i'm still within the timeframe but i've decided not to
If you know it is your mistake better not to apply. Next application give cover note why u were refused and make sure bank statement fulfills the requirement mentioned in tier 4 guidance.he awarded you 30 points so they don't have problem with credibility. Good luck.

NNN2017
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by NNN2017 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:39 pm

thanks, i wasnt aware about the cover letter but i'll make sure to discuss that with the university visa office before my next application begins

khozam

Post by khozam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:44 pm

I am not an visa expert/adviser but a student like you who is waiting for visa decision but in my opinion - You should not review this decision. Valid bank statement as per UKVI rules carries 10 points and you will not be to score them in such a short course of review time.

Moreover if you keep the funds in your persona account - I think you should have a good history of transactions (inflow-outflow) and your account should be at least a year old. You can transfer required funds in your account and then re-apply in January session with a new bank statement from your personal account that shows availability of funds for last 28 days at least.

I hope these adjustments will waive off the refusal reason that UKVI made now.

dineshanand750
Newly Registered
India

Post by dineshanand750 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi, i think you have been unlucky in this scenario. I am not sure about the law but my bank statement was in joint name of my father and brother. However, during my visa application i gave letter of financial support signed by both my father and brother. It worked out for me pretty well. Making a cover letter and doing the way they say it will be right step forward i guess.

NNN2017
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by NNN2017 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:02 pm

khozam wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:44 pm
I am not an visa expert/adviser but a student like you who is waiting for visa decision but in my opinion - You should not review this decision. Valid bank statement as per UKVI rules carries 10 points and you will not be to score them in such a short course of review time.

Moreover if you keep the funds in your persona account - I think you should have a good history of transactions (inflow-outflow) and your account should be at least a year old. You can transfer required funds in your account and then re-apply in January session with a new bank statement from your personal account that shows availability of funds for last 28 days at least.

I hope these adjustments will waive off the refusal reason that UKVI made now.
I agree,it is unlikely that AR would be in my favour so im just moving forward. my parents have already transfered the required funds to my personal account which has been running for about two years now so my re-application should hopefully go well

NNN2017
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by NNN2017 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:05 pm

dineshanand750 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:53 pm
Hi, i think you have been unlucky in this scenario. I am not sure about the law but my bank statement was in joint name of my father and brother. However, during my visa application i gave letter of financial support signed by both my father and brother. It worked out for me pretty well. Making a cover letter and doing the way they say it will be right step forward i guess.
in that case, It seems that i got unlucky, my parents have transferred the money into my personal account that way i can rid myself of the consent element of my next application.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:11 pm

dineshanand750 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:53 pm
I am not sure about the law but my bank statement was in joint name of my father and brother. However, during my visa application i gave letter of financial support signed by both my father and brother.
In your case the entry clearance officer made a mistake in allowing those bank statements. Appendix C paragraph 1A(k) of the Immigration Rules is clear that if you use evidence from a joint account, you must be one of the account holders. There does seem to be an unwritten concession that a joint account in both parents' names is fine even if you are not one of the account holders yourself, so perhaps in your case the entry clearance officer assumed the names were both your parents.

See this issue discussed in this recent blog post:
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/blog/6278/Are ... bout-money
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:02 pm

NNN2017 wrote:
Sorry to hear about the refusal..btw did you receive your IHS refund?