ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requesting decision letter by email

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

freeman14
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Requesting decision letter by email

Post by freeman14 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:18 am

On sample of of 4 people including myself I can tell with certainty that the email below is the contact point where people need to write in case decision letter not received. No point calling them as they are not helpful. Also please note that they would simply ignore the email if you request the decision letter before 10 working days and it is the date from when the status shows online and not the date which appears as status updated on as that is 2 days behind.

Email: Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Information to mention in email of request

Full Name:
Case ID:
Home Office Ref:
Date of Birth:
Address:

Mods please make it sticky topic!

Arshsam
United Kingdom

Re: Requesting decision letter by email

Post by Arshsam » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:51 pm

freeman14 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:18 am
On sample of of 4 people including myself I can tell with certainty that the email below is the contact point where people need to write in case decision letter not received. No point calling them as they are not helpful. Also please note that they would simply ignore the email if you request the decision letter before 10 working days and it is the date from when the status shows online and not the date which appears as status updated on as that is 2 days behind.

Email: Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Information to mention in email of request

Full Name:
Case ID:
Home Office Ref:
Date of Birth:
Address:

Mods please make it sticky topic!

Thanks for sharing the useful information...

rajpai
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rajpai » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:04 pm

Thanks for the info. I sent an email to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk today as the date 'Decided' is coming up as 13.08.2017 for my naturalization case ID but haven't received my letter yet (i.e. over 10 working days as of today and I see people with later decision dates 14/15 have already received it). Got an automated response and was planning to call 0300 123 2253. Based on your post it appears that may not yield much success but I will try it anyways and post my experience here. I will send a note to the email id you provided below. Are you able to clarify if have you received a response from them yet to your enquire on the email id you posted?

My timelines are :
Date of application: 19.04.17
Date of acknowledgement: 05.05.17 via post/email
Biometrics done: 12.05.17
Online Status: DECIDED on 13.08.17
Date of approval letter: waiting.. 12th working day as of today

Raj

zapzap

Post by zapzap » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:15 am

Thanks for sharing Rajpai

rajpai
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rajpai » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:54 am

rajpai wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:04 pm
Thanks for the info. I sent an email to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk today as the date 'Decided' is coming up as 13.08.2017 for my naturalization case ID but haven't received my letter yet (i.e. over 10 working days as of today and I see people with later decision dates 14/15 have already received it). Got an automated response and was planning to call 0300 123 2253. Based on your post it appears that may not yield much success but I will try it anyways and post my experience here. I will send a note to the email id you provided below. Are you able to clarify if have you received a response from them yet to your enquire on the email id you posted?

My timelines are :

Raj
Interim update :

I called the number 0300 123 2253 today and told them that my online status was Decided on 13th Aug and I have still not received the letter. She took my case id and confirmed that the case was decided on Aug 14th and posted. So I should have received it by now. This means either it is lost or misplaced during delivery. She also mentioned that it would be a signed for delivery so likely I missed it ( but did not see any note from Royal Mail on this in my letter box) . So now she has created an escalation case for me and given me a reference number. A case worker will call me in 2-3 days.
So now waiting for that. Good thing is now it seems a matter or getting the letter reissued or what ever solution the case worker suggests.

Main point I want to highlight is the number 0300 123 2253 definitely worked for me.

Also anybody is is waiting over 10 working days should definitely chase as it is likely a case of misplaced delivery in some cases (at least as it looks in my case for now). I will keep you all posted on my progress.

rajpai
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rajpai » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:45 am

rajpai wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:54 am
rajpai wrote:

My timelines are :

Raj
Interim update 1 :

I called the number 0300 123 2253 today and told them that my online status was Decided on 13th Aug and I have still not received the letter. She took my case id and confirmed that the case was decided on Aug 14th and posted. So I should have received it by now. This means either it is lost or misplaced during delivery. She also mentioned that it would be a signed for delivery so likely I missed it ( but did not see any note from Royal Mail on this in my letter box) . So now she has created an escalation case for me and given me a reference number. A case worker will call me in 2-3 days.
So now waiting for that. Good thing is now it seems a matter or getting the letter reissued or what ever solution the case worker suggests.

Main point I want to highlight is the number 0300 123 2253 definitely worked for me.

Also anybody is is waiting over 10 working days should definitely chase as it is likely a case of misplaced delivery in some cases (at least as it looks in my case for now). I will keep you all posted on my progress.
Interim Update 2

Hi further updates from me. I just received an email from UKVIcontactcentre@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
with a message indicating that the decision was posted on 29th Aug 2017 by regular post. Which means I should receive it today or latest by tomorrow. This is great to know as my original 'Decided' was 14th Aug 2017 as per HO (see my update 1 above). So now waiting for letter to arrive so I can book for ceremony.
I am not sure however whether this email response from UKVIcontactcentre@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk was a result of the call I made today or the email I sent to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk yesterday.

In today's email they have also mentioned that "If you have not received your decision within 10 working days of the date posted please email FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk" . Hopefuly I don't have to go after that any more. Will confirm here once the receive the letter.

kongsiew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kongsiew » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:03 pm

Hi Raj
Hope you good luck! I am no any updates since I had call them 10 days ago

rajpai
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rajpai » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:18 pm

rajpai wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:45 am
rajpai wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:54 am
rajpai wrote:

My timelines are :

Raj
Interim update 1 :

Interim Update 2

Hi further updates from me. I just received an email from UKVIcontactcentre@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
with a message indicating that the decision was posted on 29th Aug 2017 by regular post. Which means I should receive it today or latest by tomorrow. This is great to know as my original 'Decided' was 14th Aug 2017 as per HO (see my update 1 above). So now waiting for letter to arrive so I can book for ceremony.
I am not sure however whether this email response from UKVIcontactcentre@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk was a result of the call I made today or the email I sent to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk yesterday.

In today's email they have also mentioned that "If you have not received your decision within 10 working days of the date posted please email FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk" . Hopefuly I don't have to go after that any more. Will confirm here once the receive the letter.
My final updates on this

I received my approval/invitation letter today. The letter was dated 21 Aug 2017. It was 'Decided' online status on Aug 13th, posted on 29th Aug and I received it on 1 Sep. bit delayed on all fronts but finally got it. Calling up my council also had some surprises, they were not able to track my certificate based on the references (Our ref and Poll Num) in the HO invitation letter. They were looking for some HO ref that is supposed to start with my Initial R which was no where on the letter also my council does not take private booking on calls. So I hung up , drafted a mail with all known references and sent a private booking request to the email id provided. Mean while I also sent a note to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk asking for the HO ref number as my council was expecting. In the mean time I got a call back from council this time it was from a different department I guess and she ready asked me which date I want for my private booking per my email. I then double checked if she could track my certificate and she confirmed yes and also read back my case ID number.
So appears first time when I called the council number for booking ceremony it went to some one who is not very conversant with the process. Long story short I am now set for a private ceremony early next week. Will go for passport immediately after that. Good luck rest who are awaiting their letters. Hope these details are useful.

My timeslines now look as below

Date of approval letter: Received on 01.09.2017 , Dated 21.08.17 , Posted on 29.08.17
Private Ceremony Booking : 05.09.2017

Hope this is useful.

rajpai
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rajpai » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:20 pm

kongsiew wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:03 pm
Hi Raj
Hope you good luck! I am no any updates since I had call them 10 days ago
Thanks kongsiew, I have posted my final update now. Good luck with your process.

makeit
Newly Registered

Post by makeit » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Thank you. Emailing them worked for me. I emailed the citizen support email address and I got a response within two working days.
I hadn't received my decision letter within ten working days so they sent it to me by email as I had requested. I did eventually get the letter though :lol: .
Also my online status said decided on 25/08/17 but the email from citizen support stated that they only posted out the letter on 6/09/17 :roll:

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 pm

makeit wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:17 pm
Thank you. Emailing them worked for me. I emailed the citizen support email address and I got a response within two working days.
I hadn't received my decision letter within ten working days so they sent it to me by email as I had requested. I did eventually get the letter though :lol: .
Also my online status said decided on 25/08/17 but the email from citizen support stated that they only posted out the letter on 6/09/17 :roll:
Hello,

did it say that application was approved?

I got mine over the email 1 day after their system records show it was approved(07/09). Online says 06/09.

p.s did you get ceremony letter?

makeit
Newly Registered

Post by makeit » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:07 pm

mahasam wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 pm
makeit wrote:
Hello,

did it say that application was approved?

I got mine over the email 1 day after their system records show it was approved(07/09). Online says 06/09.

p.s did you get ceremony letter?
I only got one letter which was the ceremony invitation which instructs to contact your council to arrange ceremony and also states that your application has been approved. This is the letter they sent me by email and also what I got in the post eventually. I havent gotten a separate approval letter so far but the citizenship invitation is enough :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:15 pm

makeit wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:07 pm
I only got one letter which was the ceremony invitation which instructs to contact your council to arrange ceremony and also states that your application has been approved. This is the letter they sent me by email and also what I got in the post eventually. I havent gotten a separate approval letter so far but the citizenship invitation is enough :D
There are two types of letters that HO use and send out, it appears to depend on where you are located. One is an approval and ceremony invitation combined and the other is a separate letter of approval and separate letter for invitation to ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kongsiew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kongsiew » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:36 am

makeit wrote:
what email address you send to?
Thanks

makeit
Newly Registered

Post by makeit » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:31 am

kongsiew wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:36 am
makeit wrote:
what email address you send to?
Thanks
Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

tuk5656
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tuk5656 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:14 pm

makeit wrote:
I emailed to citizen support but they no automatically respond but the nationality enquiries have. It is same to you?

makeit
Newly Registered

Post by makeit » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:04 pm

tuk5656 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:14 pm
makeit wrote:
I emailed to citizen support but they no automatically respond but the nationality enquiries have. It is same to you?
I emailed both but only got a personal response from citizen support after two days.