ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 after ACCA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dineshanand750
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 after ACCA

Post by dineshanand750 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:44 pm

Hi,Currently i am on tier 4 visa on ACCA course. i know acca is not recognised for purpose of switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2, but Will OXFORD BROOKS BSc will work ? Because in Tier 2 policy guidance it said that degree should be from recognised tier 4 holder and not supplementary. My whole point is...i think this Bsc is supplementary in nature to my original Tier 4 visa for ACCA exams. So i am confused, if this BSc will work for switch and exemption from RMLT ? [if it also helps, i will be getting LLB degree from top up of my previous course GDL(Graduate diploma in Law). however this degree is supplementary in nature and wholly online].

Help required please. Don't want to hire solicitor for this stuff.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 after ACCA

Post by iworker » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:51 am

IMO, the rules state that since u have not achieved this degree on your current visa, i.e. your visa was not issued to study for this degree, u can be exempt from rlmt.
However, in practice, i have seen more than 8 cases in last 2 years where people on acca visa have successfully switched using oxford brookes degree.
But like i said, i wont rely on other cases, and would apply from home with restricted cos.

dineshanand750
Newly Registered
India

Post by dineshanand750 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Thank you for your help and appreciate it. Do you happen to know anything about below? (for friend of mine)

"Hi all, I am currently on the Tier 4 dependent Visa and my employer has agreed to sponsor me. Employer has done with the procedure of RMLT test by advertising job in indeed and universal jobs for more than 28 days and has selected me on job of Business Development Manager out of all suitable candidates. only 4 applied for job and 2 turned for interview and i have been selected. My current tier 4 dependent visa expires on end of January 2018 and my partner has completed his course(got a certificate award not degree for which she came) and likely to leave to home country today because of family emergency. My employer is willing to sponsor me and he still needs to get his tier 2 licence.

Just wanted to confirm:

1. How much this time of getting licence and COS generation is likely to take ?
2. If my wife leaves the UK earlier than me, will there be any issue for me for my COS generation and visa application considering I stay and continue work until January 2018?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:00 pm

You already have a topic asking this question. No need to add it to your own questions to bump it up. Members will respond if they choose to and know the answer.

Suggest ask your 'friend' to register on the forum and ask their own questions.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/swit ... 39312.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.