ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The date of the bank statements

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CloudyNow
Turkey

Tier 4 interview tips

Post by CloudyNow » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:43 pm

I am going to have my interview soon, do you have any tips as to how I should tackle it? I know they ask about future plans but I am not sure how to answer that. I am considering to stay in the UK for a few years at least if I can find a good job after my degree but I am weighing up other options as well.

I've been told by my visa counsellor that they don't want to hear that I might stay in the UK after uni as they might think I am using my Tier 4 as a springboard to permanently settle in the UK. That's not really what's going on; I'm going to the UK for the world-class education it offers and I wouldn't mind staying there for a while if a good work opportunity comes my way.

Should I just say I want to go back to my home country to work? That wouldn't be a lie as that is an option too.

princeyumair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 4 interview tips

Post by princeyumair » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:43 pm

There is no tips to pass interview as they are humans and do understand us, be honest and dont hide anything, Explain everything if there is anything happen with you in past and also explain a good reason why going to choose this Uni and this course, make sure you do your research as they want you to do all research before choose :) Good and be confident.

nhan908
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by nhan908 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:52 pm

whether the applicant intends to comply with the terms of their visa, including the
requirement to leave the UK when their leave comes to an end (or, where lawful and
appropriate, to apply to extend their leave under Tier 4 or to switch to another
immigration route). - pg 137 of the Tier 4 Guidance

I did the same in the interview- I didn't say I want to go back to my home country nor stay in the UK, I said I could go to Germany or the US but the rules clearly also say you can switch to another route (i.e. Tier 2) so I wouldn't be too worried!

CloudyNow
Turkey

Post by CloudyNow » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:25 pm

nhan908 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:52 pm
whether the applicant intends to comply with the terms of their visa, including the
requirement to leave the UK when their leave comes to an end (or, where lawful and
appropriate, to apply to extend their leave under Tier 4 or to switch to another

I did the same in the interview- I didn't say I want to go back to my home country nor stay in the UK, I said I could go to Germany or the US but the rules clearly also say you can switch to another route (i.e. Tier 2) so I wouldn't be too worried!
Well obviously I'd only stay in the UK via legal means, not by overstaying my Tier 4 or anything like that. But I fear if I talk about my plans to find a job in the UK it may muddy the waters.

Did you successfully get your visa after saying you wanted to go to another country?

CloudyNow
Turkey

The date of the bank statements

Post by CloudyNow » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:33 pm

1st bank statement issued: 08/09/2017 (also the day I met the 28-day rule)
Application sent: 09/09/2017
2nd bank statement issued: 12/09/2017
Appointment date: 14/09/2017.

My visa counsellor said the newer my bank statement is before my appointment, the better. However my understanding is that the bank statement must be issued before the date of my application. Which statement should I use? :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: The date of the bank statements

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:23 pm

Kindly keep all your questions on the same application in ONE topic (this one now merged with the other). It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

uskhan
Newly Registered

Post by uskhan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:56 am

CloudyNow wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:43 pm
I am going to have my interview soon, do you have any tips as to how I should tackle it? I know they ask about future plans but I am not sure how to answer that. I am considering to stay in the UK for a few years at least if I can find a good job after my degree but I am weighing up other options as well.

I've been told by my visa counsellor that they don't want to hear that I might stay in the UK after uni as they might think I am using my Tier 4 as a springboard to permanently settle in the UK. That's not really what's going on; I'm going to the UK for the world-class education it offers and I wouldn't mind staying there for a while if a good work opportunity comes my way.

Should I just say I want to go back to my home country to work? That wouldn't be a lie as that is an option too.
Purpose of interview to check either you are genuine student or not, it's just credibility interview. They will just check either have you done research about the uni & degree where you are applying. You should know why you choose uni and course and where your uni is location and which other uni offer such course and why you choose this course, you should also know about tuition fees and accommodation charges and how much you paid and how much balance left and also refund policy.

It will be quick interview 5-10min max. My interview was just 5min duration.

Questions they may ask you or (They have asked me below questions)

1. How are you, your full name and Date of birth
2. Which course you are applying and which Uni? and Why did you choose this uni
3. When your course will start
4. Did you search for any other uni , if yes then which one?
5. Where you will be staying in the UK and how far is it from the Uni?
6. Who will sponsor your course/? and when did they transfer cash to your account?
7. What's your tuition fees ?
8. Which City your uni located and tell me about that City?
9. Finally, Was interview was clear and did you understand everything?
10. Thank you for your time and best of luck for your application

nhan908
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by nhan908 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:00 am

CloudyNow wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:25 pm
nhan908 wrote:

Well obviously I'd only stay in the UK via legal means, not by overstaying my Tier 4 or anything like that. But I fear if I talk about my plans to find a job in the UK it may muddy the waters.

Did you successfully get your visa after saying you wanted to go to another country?
Still waiting for it unfortunately

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 am

CloudyNow wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:33 pm
I've been told by my visa counsellor that they don't want to hear that I might stay in the UK after uni as they might think I am using my Tier 4 as a springboard to permanently settle in the UK.
This is nonsense. It is perfectly normal and lawful and indeed expected for someone to hope or intend to stay and work in the UK after their studies.
CloudyNow wrote:
My visa counsellor said the newer my bank statement is before my appointment, the better.
This is dangerous nonsense. You need to show you met the maintenance requirement when you apply. The evidence of this can be dated up to 31 days before the date of application.

Not sure who your "visa counsellor" works for, but your sponsor university is not going to be amused by applicants getting such dodgy and strange immigration advice.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

nhan908
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by nhan908 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:09 pm

nhan908 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:00 am
CloudyNow wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:25 pm
nhan908 wrote:

Still waiting for it unfortunately
I got my visa just a few hours ago, it seems you don't need to worry about that as I got the visa even with what I said, although keep in mind I have a rather strong application from my background etc.

CloudyNow
Turkey

Post by CloudyNow » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:35 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 am
CloudyNow wrote:
I've been told by my visa counsellor that they don't want to hear that I might stay in the UK after uni as they might think I am using my Tier 4 as a springboard to permanently settle in the UK.
This is nonsense. It is perfectly normal and lawful and indeed expected for someone to hope or intend to stay and work in the UK after their studies.
CloudyNow wrote:
My visa counsellor said the newer my bank statement is before my appointment, the better.
This is dangerous nonsense. You need to show you met the maintenance requirement when you apply. The evidence of this can be dated up to 31 days before the date of application.

Not sure who your "visa counsellor" works for, but your sponsor university is not going to be amused by applicants getting such dodgy and strange immigration advice.
My visa counsellor works for an agency that is an official representative of my university. She said she has been advising all her students to get their bank statements the day before their appointment and no one ever got a rejection on that basis. :?

CloudyNow
Turkey

Post by CloudyNow » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:04 pm

I had my credibility interview today. My interviewer asked me when the last day of enrollment was for my course, and I said my CAS indicates it is 6 October but when I contacted the university individually they told me I can enroll until 13 October on my course. This actually happened but now I'm just wondering whether this was an unofficial piece of information that they would be unable to confirm with the Entry Clearance Officer if he/she contacted them :( Like why would they even put down 6 October on my CAS if it is 13 October...

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:27 pm

CloudyNow wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:35 pm
My visa counsellor works for an agency that is an official representative of my university. She said she has been advising all her students to get their bank statements the day before their appointment and no one ever got a rejection on that basis. :?
It is just pointless, but also potentially dangerous. The entry clearance officer is looking for evidence that an applicant has the money when they apply. The evidence of this is normally a bank statement, the closing balance of which can be dated up to 31 days before the date of application. In the application you confirm that you have this evidence. So it is weird to then use a different bank statement in your application, which you clearly did not have when you applied. The application is complicated enough without adding this extra fictitious requirement for an updated bank statement.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Peted
Brazil

Post by Peted » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:32 pm

So, Cloudynow, did you get your visa?
My partner is having the same bank statement issue. He submitted the application online (outside the UK) and he had a bank statement issued the same day. However, we unfortunately found out the same day that the statement was not 100% in the format required. So, the day after I went to the bank and got another one in the correct format (after arguing with the manager who did not want to do it, saying the bank is not subject to UKVI rules).

Then, my partner went to the VAC and submitted everything. The bank statement shows everything they want to see (including the money held for over 28 days back from the application online). However, it is dated one day after the submission. If they disregard the statement, it'll still be fine because he also sent a letter of my financial sponsorship, which covers his maintenance as well.

But now I read Sah's comments and they make perfect sense, which gets me very worried!
What's the worst possible outcome of this? For example, could it be seen as deception?
Shall we withdraw his application? A refusal on grounds of deception would be disastrous!

Any comments please

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:23 am

Peted wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:32 pm
If they disregard the statement, it'll still be fine because he also sent a letter of my financial sponsorship, which covers his maintenance as well.
As advised on your other topic, if he is already included on the financial sponsorship, that is evidence in itself of his maintenance. Why bring a bank statement into the mix at all, especially one that you have concerns about and especially when the form asks, nay BEGS, applicants to not bog down their application with extra documents?

Peted
Brazil

Post by Peted » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:29 pm

It worked in the end. Probably because the letter of sponsorship was there also.

Sah, I can't thank you enough for all your thourough considerations about our applications. A really big thank you!

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:28 am

Peted wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:29 pm
It worked in the end. Probably because the letter of sponsorship was there also.

Sah, I can't thank you enough for all your thourough considerations about our applications. A really big thank you!
You are welcome, but I never understood why you insisted on including the bank statements, especially as you had so many doubts and anxieties about them. The sponsor letter was the proof of maintenance, and it would have saved you a lot of stress if you had used it alone.