ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statement of additional grounds

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jib091
Newly Registered
United States of America

Statement of additional grounds

Post by jib091 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi I have applied for ILR after 6 years completing on DLR, i have received biometric letter but with a additional form(Statement of additional grounds) to complete but without any responding address to send that form. Any idea? where do i need to send it. Thanks everyone.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Statement of additional grounds

Post by CMOSUK » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 pm

jib091 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:18 pm
Hi I have applied for ILR after 6 years completing on DLR, i have received biometric letter but with a additional form(Statement of additional grounds) to complete but without any responding address to send that form. Any idea? where do i need to send it. Thanks everyone.
from the reading i have been doing it would seem a lot of people that applied to similar categories are receiving them, it might be a standard letter for your to add more information as to why you shouldn't be removed.

The address is at the back of the envelope i think. I think most that are receiving them are from postal applications. have a read here. click here
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

jib091
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jib091 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:45 am

CMOSUK thank you so much for your reply, address which is at the back of the envelope is same as which is on the biometric letter address shall I send it back to that address or any other. Link you provided doesn't mention which address they sent it to a bit confused though :?:

jib091
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jib091 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:00 am

CMOSUK wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 pm
jib091 wrote:
from the reading i have been doing it would seem a lot of people that applied to similar categories are receiving them, it might be a standard letter for your to add more information as to why you shouldn't be removed.

The address is at the back of the envelope i think. I think most that are receiving them are from postal applications. have a read here. click here

CMOSUK thank you so much for your reply, address which is at the back of the envelope is same as which is on the biometric letter address shall I send it back to that address or any other. Link you provided doesn't mention which address they sent it to a bit confused though :?:

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:44 pm

jib091 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:00 am
CMOSUK wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 pm
jib091 wrote:

The address is at the back of the envelope i think. I think most that are receiving them are from postal applications. have a read here. weblink removed by moderator

Hi

From my reading it was the envelope the letter was in, the address was at the back of the envelope.

Also have a look at this topic it is similar to your case as you have done postal.weblink removed by moderator

I don't have a definitive answer for you on this, but from some reading it would seem these letters are being sent with certain applications forms when applied by post and is a means for the HO to consider your case on information they might not already have. From my understanding, it is so you cant appeal the decision if you were refused and you had more information that you could have gave to them but did not or could not at the time.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:58 pm

The address is at the back of the envelope i think. I think most that are receiving them are from postal applications. have a read here. weblink removed by moderator

Hi

From my reading it was the envelope the letter was in, the address was at the back of the envelope.

Also have a look at this topic it is similar to your case as you have done postal.weblink removed by moderator

I don't have a definitive answer for you on this, but from some reading it would seem these letters are being sent with certain applications forms when applied by post and is a means for the HO to consider your case on information they might not already have. From my understanding, it is so you cant appeal the decision if you were refused and you had more information that you could have gave to them but did not or could not at the time.
@CMOSUK - I strongly suggest you read the forum rules and desist from posting links to third party websites of solicitors.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:58 pm
CMOSUK wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi

I strongly suggest you read the forum rules and desist from posting links to third party websites of solicitors.
woops, sorry didn't realise it was a solicitors website, can i edit it and take out the third parties information?

i'll just include the info on here instead of the link?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:04 pm

CMOSUK wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:01 pm
woops, sorry didn't realise it was a solicitors website, can i edit it and take out the third parties information?

i'll just include the info on here instead of the link?
I have removed the weblink, which was for a solicitor. Please do not post such weblinks, only official weblinks should be posted, ie. government departmetns, CAB etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.