ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence after Divorce.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hashir4
Newly Registered
Australia

Permanent residence after Divorce.

Post by Hashir4 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:35 pm

Hello everyone, and all respective moderators.
First of all I would like to say thx this forum and all their expert faculty.. I just need piece of advice First of all please find below my timeline for first RC and retain rights.
Married: Dec-2012
Divorced: July- 2015
ROR applied: Feb-2017
Retain rights: July-2017
I have been full time employed Feb-2014 till now.
And my ex was employed only during first year of marriage and during Divorce. Could you please guide me when I would be eligible to apply PR.
Thank you very much.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: Permanent residence after Divorce.

Post by Richard W » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:31 am

If the law were unaffected by Brexit, purely on the basis of what you have said, you would acquire permanent residence some time around July 2020. On current intentions, this means that you will never achieve permanent residence. However, if you and your wife were still lawfully resident after the first year of marriage, e.g. by being self-sufficient on the basis of your earnings and CSI, you may achieve PR in December 2017.