ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake of selecting general occupation although the job is on shortage occupation list

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

s1371571
Newly Registered

Mistake of selecting general occupation although the job is on shortage occupation list

Post by s1371571 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi every one,

I am on tier -4 visa and I recently made an application for tier-2 switching. I made a mistake in the application form: Although the job comes under the shortage occupation, I chose it wont come on the shortage occupation list. As I am UK PhD student, I no need to go through RLMT test.

I am not worrying about the extra fee paid but I am worrying that whether this mistake will lead to the rejection of visa. I have already received bio-metric letter and yet to go for bio-metric enrollment. Is there any way we can inform the home office. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Mistake of selecting general occupation although the job is on shortage occupation list

Post by iworker » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:26 am

The mistake will not lead to rejection. It will lead to extra fee being paid.
Are u sure u are under shortage occupation? which soc code is it

s1371571
Newly Registered

Re: Mistake of selecting general occupation although the job is on shortage occupation list

Post by s1371571 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:29 am

Iworker,

Thanks a lot for giving the reply. My job soc code is 2123.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:27 pm

do u work in oil and gas industry? or electricity transmission/distributions industry?

s1371571
Newly Registered

Post by s1371571 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:34 pm

I will work in electricity transmission/distribution industry.