ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension Application 2017

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vish79k
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 1 Extension Application 2017

Post by Vish79k » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:27 pm

Hi heya , its not for every application. Its like an application of my kind. Mine is genuinely complex. However the length of the interview is what I dont like . Thats a torture

sassybee

Post by sassybee » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi Minnzy,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I personally think you will be fine please just keep hoping for the best.

I know you must be really tired and deserve your rest.

I am just so curious what was He doing for 4 hours and what were the questions on 15 pages? Are the questions the same as the ones that have been shared on this forum?

All the best fingers crossed you will post the good news shortly :) :)

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:42 pm

Hi minzzy
Really feeling sorry for you.
Where you base? London?

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:59 pm

Vish79k wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:27 pm
Hi heya , its not for every application. Its like an application of my kind. Mine is genuinely complex. However the length of the interview is what I dont like . Thats a torture
Vish i dont think so they are choosing on the basis of complexity..... As u must have seen minzy i dont think so he had any complexity in his business plus skconsultant jus now who got interview calll in the office. 4 hours is torture tbh. Dont stress jus put things right. Bless

Regards,

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:47 am

heyaheya wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:29 pm
Hey minzy, jus take rest, ur fine as far as i can see.. Not having employement contracts is not big deal. Plus how many were they? They were in uniform of immigration enforcement or they were in simple cloths. Were they strict . I dun understand why 4 hours. Omg if they will spend these hours on ppls permises plus going to every applicants place of work. I dunoo how long it is going to take. Maybe 2 years wait. We ppl who are applying in months time are going to wait fo agea i guess. Good luck. Keeep updating us bout ur outcome. May god be with u and all of us.

Regards
Lets hope for the best. I anyway cant do anything now. IF they wanted to see i am genuine that they have and the officer said i can make it if it is your office or not.

It was a big questionnaire. It was one person Mr. Ian Wright - compliance office from home office and he said he is here to gather information. Since i had not given any initial interview i did not know but i had prepared all the dates when i came first as a tourist in UK till date, how i invested were they savings, bank details. There were delays in our starting the business so he asked all that, Even asked me for some marketing bills. Off hand asked how much i spent on website and marketing. If i did any market research how was it formal or informal, He said it is a new process of taking interviews. BE prepared with current bills, docs, bank statements, all staff latest passport, starter forms, how you do the checks for staff, how do you take care of employment rights, do you have any other licences, health and safety, - so i showed my premises licence, he took a copy of my business insurance, my enrolment in the pension scheme coming up, even took the same accounts which i had submitted with the application, i did not have any current bills with me in person but had my laptop and emailed him whatever he asked whatever i had instantly and he said giving the docs during the interview is seen differently than sending it later. Except for some marketing invoices which i emailed after he left as i had to go through my folders. I did not have the recent RTI submissions and was not aware so i need to send those to him by monday. My husband who is a dependant was with me and involved in the business but he said since i am the applicant i should be the one answering. Though they take note of who all are present at the time. They also asked if we knew our chef address and contact numbers and where were they so i said in our mobiles. Thats how we contact them.

Dont mean to scare you all but be prepared with all the current docs. Maybe they did 4 hours for me since it is huge investment and much larger scale.

Senior Members i have a query - at present i have 3 chefs with 130 hours per month something similar to last year when we should over 6000 hours of different chefs due to high turnover apart from eu residents. We told them we provide flexible working hours so the hours vary each month. This is the only area which i a little worried about thats why he asked for RTI submissions though i forwarded him all the payslips instantly from the time of submission till date. Please advise could these be a cause of concern ? But in terms of employing they are all british citizens.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks
Minnzzy

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:48 am

Momi wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:42 pm
Hi minzzy
Really feeling sorry for you.
Where you base? London?
Well i dont feel bad as i could answer all what i did as it is all true but was not prepared for 4 hours and the fact he propound it by an hour.
We are based in Putney, London.

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:52 am

Vish79k wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:27 pm
Just relax and be prepared, My officer was not so bad he kept on asking me to relax as it was going to be lengthy. Made me sign the declaration that whatever we mentioned i own it up. HE said i could request a copy of this through home office but it would take time.

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:57 am

sassybee wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:33 pm
Hi Minnzy,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I personally think you will be fine please just keep hoping for the best.

I know you must be really tired and deserve your rest.

I am just so curious what was He doing for 4 hours and what were the questions on 15 pages? Are the questions the same as the ones that have been shared on this forum?

All the best fingers crossed you will post the good news shortly :) :)
Yes they are and i think also the ones which they ask during the initial interview for Tier 1 which i had not done as i had applied my visa from singapore but got it through manilla philippines online with a lot of ease.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:34 am

Thanku minzzzy for ur coperation. Ur star. I am 100% sure u did great. M hoping same for all. We who are applying extension in couple of months has to be careful as well.. To be ready with everything. M sure u will have positive result. And not having few papers is not too bad. In reall business this does happen. They did not ask ur employees anything. Best of luck dear. Prayers for all... Cheers

Regards,

Vish79k
Mood:
India

Post by Vish79k » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:09 pm

Thank you Minzzyy. i shall keep you posted after mine. Cheers and all the best

Minnzzy
India

Re: Very Urgent - Home office Interview today for Tier 1 Extension Application 2017

Post by Minnzzy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:52 am

marcnath wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:10 pm
Minnzzy wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:44 am
marcnath wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:45 pm
Minnzzy wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:01 pm
Regarding my interview tomorrow please advise if they would interview our staff as well, since someone pointed this out to me.

Would appreciate your urgent assistance.

Regards,
Minnzzy
Seems to be a new process so difficult to say.

Legally, I don't think UKVI can just walk up to your workers and ask for anything more than their legal right to work. Anything more would be something that the worker would have to agree to.

But nothing stops them from asking you and your employees if they are willing to answer questions - though I can't imagine what they can ask your employees beyond their right to work and confirmation of the data you have provided in your application (salary, hours, etc.)

They can't deny you points if your employees do not meet up to their expectations on skills, appearance or anything else. The only cause for them would be fraud.

So, again, don't get stressed - from everything you have stated so far, you should be ok.
Dear Senior Member,

Hope you have read my replies about the questions put up tp me on Friday 1st Sep 2017. I had raised a query if you could please advise. Although whatever is done cant be reversed but it would put my mind to a little rest. Although today morning i have forwarded them the RTI submissions till the last month as desired from my accounts office and all the other bills and employee details were already forwarded to him immidiately during the interview or just after he left.

Senior Members i have a query - at present i have 3 chefs with 130 hours per month something similar to last year when we should over 6000 hours of different chefs due to high turnover apart from eu residents. We told them we provide flexible working hours so the hours vary each month. This is the only area which i a little worried about thats why he asked for RTI submissions though i forwarded him all the payslips instantly from the time of submission till date. Please advise could these be a cause of concern ? But in terms of employing they are all british citizens.

Appreciate your opinion about this?

Regards,
Minnzzy

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:33 am

Minnzzy wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:47 am

Keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks
Minnzzy
I don't see anything to worry about. I would suspect the request for RTI is just to confirm that it matches with the payslip when you have so much variation.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:36 pm

marcnath wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:33 am
Minnzzy wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:47 am

Keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks
Minnzzy
I don't see anything to worry about. I would suspect the request for RTI is just to confirm that it matches with the payslip when you have so much variation.
Thanks a lot for your response. I had sent the RTI before 10 am on Monday as my accounts office was prompt.

Lets wait for the positive result now.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Regards,
Minnzzy

Minnzzy
India

Tier 1 Extension Application 2017

Post by Minnzzy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi

To all the members who have undergone interviews or visits from the Home office recently... have you received any response / outcome of your application from Home Office ?

Senior Members - Just a quick question, while i had a support letter from the British high commission, overseas for my initial application and later London & Partners - UKTI affiliate provided a support letter as they assisted me initially in London, which was attached with my renewal application, any other support letter from MP's or local councillors would help. The pressure for this waiting period is immense and am sure am not the only one facing this as i can see there are several members going through this.

Regards,
Minnzzy

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Hello,

I actually went through the same thing on 12th September.

Exactly had the same experience what you have already mentioned.

Striking similarities.

Lets hope for the best!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:36 am

Have you heard anything after the interview?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:44 pm

No nothing at all till now.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Thank you for the reply.

A lot of us are in the same boat.

As you are one of the first one to report the interview please keep us all posted.

:)

Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Minnzzy
India

Visa Approved -Tier 1 Extension Application 2017

Post by Minnzzy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Our visa just got approved after a long wait of 8 Months.

Just waiting for the passorts and BRP cards Now.

Thanks you all the members for all your support and help.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:43 pm

Many congratulations minnzy.
Really happy for you.

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Thanks a lot. I am so so relieved today.

Happy Diwali to all of you.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:01 pm

congratulationnnns ... must be relived now........good luck for ur future..

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:55 am

Hi,

After receiving our extension visa, I recently met a cabinet minister and raised the topic of excessive delays which genuine entrepreneurs have to deal with during extension which is very discouraging and stressful. I have been told that this will be discussed with the Home Secretary this week and hope it brings some relief to others waiting for an answer.

I had also written to the Home affairs committee about this issue and they have confirmed in writing that an inquiry would be launched into this and hope some good announcements follow soon.

Pray other genuine entrepreneurs dont have to wait for months like us.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:11 pm

Minnzzy wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:55 am
Hi,

After receiving our extension visa, I recently met a Spam minister and raised the topic of excessive delays which genuine entrepreneurs have to deal with during extension which is very discouraging and stressful. I have been told that this will be discussed with the Home Secretary this week and hope it brings some relief to others waiting for an answer.

I had also written to the Home affairs committee about this issue and they have confirmed in writing that an inquiry would be launched into this and hope some good announcements follow soon.

That's great, Minzy.

If you hear anything, please keep us updated.

Thank you.

manu2017
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manu2017 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:25 pm

Minnzzy wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:55 am
Hi,

After receiving our extension visa, I recently met a Spam minister and raised the topic of excessive delays which genuine entrepreneurs have to deal with during extension which is very discouraging and stressful. I have been told that this will be discussed with the Home Secretary this week and hope it brings some relief to others waiting for an answer.

Hi Minnzzy, you did a great job. Would you please also share the email address of Home affairs committee, so that few more of us waiting that long would put on our case aswell. Thanks