ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certification so that you must appeal from outside the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jib091
Newly Registered
United States of America

Certification so that you must appeal from outside the UK

Post by jib091 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:52 pm

hi I applied for ILR after 2XDLR granted due to family life in UK (wife and 2 kids all of them British), no complications I always applied for right visa to stay in UK, followed all rules but I received statement of additional grounds with Certification so that you must appeal from outside the UK page number 4 are they sending this to everyone or something unusual is going to happen with my application. Any advice?

jib091
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Certification so that you must appeal from outside the UK

Post by jib091 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:36 pm

Anyone?

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:42 pm

Could you maybe post a brief immigration history. I mean what application did you make before you were given DLR. Was it refused?
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

jib091
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jib091 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:38 am

1st DLR granted when I applied for spouse visa but they granted me discretionary leave just because I was newly married. application wasn't refused I was given DLR instead of spouse visa.
2nd DLR granted as an extension because of family life in UK.
My Kids and wife we all live together. nothing changed
That's All I have got in my immigration history. :? :?

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:41 am

jib091 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:38 am
1st DLR granted when I applied for spouse visa but they granted me discretionary leave just because I was newly married. application wasn't refused I was given DLR instead of spouse visa.
DLR is usually granted outside of immigration rules and at the discretion of the secretary of state, usually meaning there must have been something that you didn't qualify for them to give you a spouse visa but due to circumstances it was granted as DLR.

Have a look at your paperwork there must be a notice of refusal that would Indicate why it may have been refused.

For example my wife came on a spouse visa succesffuly on 2009 but before her visa was to run out and due to some circumstances we couldn't apply for ILR but we applied for FLR (o), she was refused on the grounds of not having an English language test certificate as was required per her visa conditions but was granted DLR based on family life.

Basically her visa category changed.

Also, when we're u granted DLR the first time?

This is very Important as those granted DLR before 9 July 2012 come under the transitional arrangements.

I could be wrong though, but then again there had to be some reason for HO granting DLR as then if the application wasn't refused they should have granted the spouse visa.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

jib091
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jib091 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:28 am

CMOSUK wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:41 am
jib091 wrote:
DLR is usually granted outside of immigration rules and at the discretion of the secretary of state, usually meaning there must have been something that you didn't qualify for them to give you a spouse visa but due to circumstances it was granted as DLR.

Have a look at your paperwork there must be a notice of refusal that would Indicate why it may have been refused.

For example my wife came on a spouse visa successfully on 2009 but before her visa was to run out and due to some circumstances we couldn't apply for ILR but we applied for FLR (o), she was refused on the grounds of not having an English language test certificate as was required per her visa conditions but was granted DLR based on family life.

This is very Important as those granted DLR before 9 July 2012 come under the transitional arrangements.

I could be wrong though, but then again there had to be some reason for HO granting DLR as then if the application wasn't refused they should have granted the spouse visa.
Thanks CMOSUK i was granted first DLR in June 2011. I understand your point wording are same on first letter as you said above but i have gone through the letter from HO to see if any word mentioning refusal etc... The letter of Certification so that you must appeal from outside the UK and Statement of Additional Grounds was attached with biometric enrollment letter.

All documents english language, Life in UK test and all relevant documents bills, salary slips, p60, bank statement, marriage certificate, kids birth certificate, letter from employer , character reference , 2 x DLR letters everything was sent with application. so i don't know what else they require baffled to be honest. :? :? :?

Lube2017
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Lube2017 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:43 pm

jib091 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:28 am
CMOSUK wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:41 am
jib091 wrote:

For example my wife came on a spouse visa successfully on 2009 but before her visa was to run out and due to some circumstances we couldn't apply for ILR but we applied for FLR (o), she was refused on the grounds of not having an English language test certificate as was required per her visa conditions but was granted DLR based on family life.

Thanks CMOSUK i was granted first DLR in June 2011. I understand your point wording are same on first letter as you said above but i have gone through the letter from HO to see if any word mentioning refusal etc... The letter of Certification so that you must appeal from outside the UK and Statement of Additional Grounds was attached with biometric enrollment letter.

All documents english language, Life in UK test and all relevant documents bills, salary slips, p60, bank statement, marriage certificate, kids birth certificate, letter from employer , character reference , 2 x DLR letters everything was sent with application. so i don't know what else they require baffled to be honest. :? :? :?
Hi jib091
What did you do about the forms?Am in the same situation don't know what to do to be honest.
Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Lube2017