ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CANCELLED / WITHDRAWN UNRESTRICTED COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MOSTHANSOME
Newly Registered

CANCELLED / WITHDRAWN UNRESTRICTED COS

Post by MOSTHANSOME » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:04 pm

I was issued an UnCoS by my employer and I put in my Tier 2 (general) application immediately, After 2 days it was noticed that my Salary was not appropriate and my employer decided to cancel/withdraw my UnCoS to re-assign a new one to me as advised by my solicitors with the thought that when it is cancelled/withdrawn that they would be able to re-assign that same allocated UnCoS immediately. However, after the cancellation, the SMS shows that the UnCoS has been used and no UnUsed UnCoS left. My questions are:

1. I thought a CoS that was assigned and used for an application can be cancelled and re-assigned as far as a decision has not been made on that application

2. From the above explanation, what should I do as my application is live and my UnCoS has been withdrawn, also, I have just received a Letter for Biometric Enrolment from Home office?

Please, I need an urgent response.

Many thanks in anticipation of your kind and immediate response

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: CANCELLED / WITHDRAWN UNRESTRICTED COS

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:30 pm

Your sponsor should have added a note to the cos to make the changes. The cos was assigned but not used, so adding note would have been the way to go I believe.
Cancelled means cancelled. When you cancelled a cos it cannot be re assigned and I guess your live application cannot be processed as you don't have a valid Cos. I guess your sponsor will have to assign another cos.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

MOSTHANSOME
Newly Registered

Post by MOSTHANSOME » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:52 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:30 pm
Your sponsor should have added a note to the cos to make the changes. The cos was assigned but not used, so adding note would have been the way to go I believe.
Cancelled means cancelled. When you cancelled a cos it cannot be re assigned and I guess your live application cannot be processed as you don't have a valid Cos. I guess your sponsor will have to assign another cos.
Yes @Djsuccess I was actually misled by my solicitors, I concur with you, what my employers would have done is to add a note to the assigned CoS. I actually realize that on this forum but my employer has canceled my CoS already based on my Solicitors advice. However, my employer had requested for an UnCoS allocation on the 27th August 2017, they are still awaiting approval from HO.

They had created a new CoS, just waiting to be allocated a new one and they will assign it to me ASAP, then I will forward the new CoS to HO with a Cover letter. I just wish they get it before my Biometric on the 27th of September.

My employer had already provided me with a letter explaining what happened which I submitted when I initially posted my supporting documents.

MOSTHANSOME
Newly Registered

Post by MOSTHANSOME » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:02 am

MOSTHANSOME wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:52 pm
Djsuccess wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:30 pm
Yes @Djsuccess I was actually misled by my solicitors, I concur with you, what my employers would have done is to add a note to the assigned CoS. I actually realize that on this forum but my employer has canceled my CoS already based on my Solicitors advice. However, my employer had requested for an UnCoS allocation on the 27th August 2017, they are still awaiting approval from HO.

They had created a new CoS, just waiting to be allocated a new one and they will assign it to me ASAP, then I will forward the new CoS to HO with a Cover letter. I just wish they get it before my Biometric on the 27th of September.

My employer had already provided me with a letter explaining what happened which I submitted when I initially posted my supporting documents.
Also, @Djsuccess, when you said my application will not be processed, what do you mean or in what sense, is it that it will be rejected or left pending till I provide to HO my new CoS as my employers and I had clearly stated my circumstances or condition in letters I sent with my application support documents.