ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service Window Appointment Without or No Passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SAAJ786
inactive
United Kingdom

Premium Service Window Appointment Without or No Passport

Post by SAAJ786 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:58 am

I have been a silent reader of these forums. I thought I should share my case as it might help others in to sort their cases.

I had a premium appointment at Sheffield yesterday.

I had no passport or any original documents with me.

Actually, i had an existing application already pending in the Sheffield office. I was switching applications.

My valid visa was expiring one month before my 10 years completion. so I had to apply for a valid visa to stay legal in the country. mind there was only 4 days missing, as you legally can apply 28 days prior to your 10 years completion.

The last visa was expiring on 08/08/17
My 10 years were completing on 10/09/17

Originally I had applied on 08/08/17 by post for human rights visa, on long residency basis, then just after that on 11th of September 2017 just before the deadline of the fingerprints of that human right visa, I booked the appointment for my ILR on long residency.

After spending so many hours on the premium service website, luckily I found a canceled slot at Sheffield center, mind even though I reside in London, I had to book an appointment in Sheffield center, as my previous human rights application was processing there, WAS ALSO ADVISED BY MY SOLICITOR, book appointment where your passport already is, you can find out from your last correspondence letters from home office, there will be address at the top of your existing home office's last letter to you.

so, I went to the appointment, cleared the security, went to the counter, the lady asked for my checklist, then forum, and then she asked me about my passport, brp and photos...
well, my reply was:

''My passport and all the originals are already with the home office Sheffield, I have all the photocopies with me'', the lady said ok, give us all the supporting photocopies, BUT WE CANNOT PROMISE THAT WE WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE THE DECISION TODAY.
I said ok no problem.

That's it, then waited in waiting area, called for fingerprints etc.

I booked the very early appointment, AS ALWAYS BOOK THE EARLIEST APPOINTMENT IF YOU GOING WITHOUT PASSPORT, so that they can have all day to find your docs.

FORTUNATELY.
my appointment was at 8:10 am, and at 10 am I was called at the window again, and the lady goes,
CONGRATULATIONS, YOUR ILR APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED.
SHE HANDED ME MY PASSPORT AND THE APPROVAL LETTER. ILR(BRP) WILL FOLLOW IN 7 DAYS SHE SAID.

I thought I should share this if it may help people.

YES, YOU CAN BOOK AND GO TO PREMIUM CENTERS WITHOUT PASSPORT AND ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS IN SIMILAR CASES.

GOOD LUCK.

Ams2013

Re: Premium Service Window Appointment Without or No Passport

Post by Ams2013 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:56 am

Many Congratulations.

Your case is very encouraging for those who wan to vary for ILR at premium service same day without passport.

Kindly advise with below queries

1.Without having passport did they not asked your for your proof of ID like Driving license or National ID card to process your application ?

2.I am also planning to vary my existing pending application to ILR at premium services and all my passport are with them but my recent passport has been expired while waiting for current application and it was valid at the time when I applied, Do you think I should be fine to go at premium service with expired passport already with them ?

Ams2013

Post by Ams2013 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:48 pm

SAAJ786 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:58 am
I have been a silent reader of these forums. I thought I should share my case as it might help others in to sort their cases.

Actually, i had an existing application already pending in the Sheffield office. I was switching applications.

My valid visa was expiring one month before my 10 years completion. so I had to apply for a valid visa to stay legal in the country. mind there was only 4 days missing, as you legally can apply 28 days prior to your 10 years completion.

Originally I had applied on 08/08/17 by post for human rights visa, on long residency basis, then just after that on 11th of September 2017 just before the deadline of the fingerprints of that human right visa, I booked the appointment for my ILR on long residency.

After spending so many hours on the premium service website, luckily I found a canceled slot at Sheffield center, mind even though I reside in London, I had to book an appointment in Sheffield center, as my previous human rights application was processing there, WAS ALSO ADVISED BY MY SOLICITOR, book appointment where your passport already is, you can find out from your last correspondence letters from home office, there will be address at the top of your existing home office's last letter to you.

so, I went to the appointment, cleared the security, went to the counter, the lady asked for my checklist, then forum, and then she asked me about my passport, brp and photos...
well, my reply was:

''My passport and all the originals are already with the home office Sheffield, I have all the photocopies with me'', the lady said ok, give us all the supporting photocopies, BUT WE CANNOT PROMISE THAT WE WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE THE DECISION TODAY.
I said ok no problem.

I booked the very early appointment, AS ALWAYS BOOK THE EARLIEST APPOINTMENT IF YOU GOING WITHOUT PASSPORT, so that they can have all day to find your docs.

FORTUNATELY.
my appointment was at 8:10 am, and at 10 am I was called at the window again, and the lady goes,
SHE HANDED ME MY PASSPORT AND THE APPROVAL LETTER. ILR(BRP) WILL FOLLOW IN 7 DAYS SHE SAID.

YES, YOU CAN BOOK AND GO TO PREMIUM CENTERS WITHOUT PASSPORT AND ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS IN SIMILAR CASES.

GOOD LUCK.
Many Congratulations.

Your case is very encouraging for those who wan to vary for ILR at premium service same day without passport.

Kindly advise with below queries

1.Without having passport did they not asked your for your proof of ID like Driving license or National ID card to process your application ?

2.I am also planning to vary my existing pending application to ILR at premium services and all my passport are with them but my recent passport has been expired while waiting for current application and it was valid at the time when I applied, Do you think I should be fine to go at premium service with expired passport already with them ?

SAAJ786
inactive
United Kingdom

Post by SAAJ786 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:04 pm

1. No, they did not ask or checked anything at the security checks, and once you inside, then everything is normal until documents collector person at the window asks you for your passport and brp. You enter the building, and the security personnel will ask you for the checklist letter, your name that's it. to me, they did not ask for any ID. ONLY CHECKLIST LETTERS+PAYMENT LETTER.

2. You should immediately apply and get a new passport, and take that with you to the appointment. In order to validate your new application at premium service, you have to have a valid passport (with you or with the home office) no matter what, you have to have a valid passport, provide them at the appointment, they will not validate your application until you have a new passport.

You have carry your new passport with you to your appointment IT IS MUST, and tell the office that your old passports are with home office already, and they got expired during the process of my existing application, they were valid at the time of application, but now they are expired, so that I have made new passport and here it is. HAND THE NEW PASSPORT TO THE OFFICER AFTER HANDING THE APPLICATION FORM.

You will be alright.

wazee89

Post by wazee89 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:49 am

Would you kindly share with the rest of people to renew the passport without the old one please.
I can understand that it is a requirement for an application to have a valid passport but it is not possible to apply for a new passport without producing the expired one

peacefultraveller

Post by peacefultraveller » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:20 pm

wazee89 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:49 am
Would you kindly share with the rest of people to renew the passport without the old one please.
I can understand that it is a requirement for an application to have a valid passport but it is not possible to apply for a new passport without producing the expired one
Hello,

Do you have an update about this matter please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:29 pm

peacefultraveller wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:20 pm
wazee89 wrote:
Hello,

Do you have an update about this matter please?
The user only posted today, unlikely there is an update less than 2 hours after the user posted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

StressedOut
Newly Registered
India

Post by StressedOut » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:53 pm

SAAJ786 wrote:

well, my reply was:

I said ok no problem.

FORTUNATELY.

GOOD LUCK.

Hello,

What category did you book your appointment under? I have already applied postal and paid £2297. If I try to book an appointment it asks me to pay £2887.

SAAJ786
inactive
United Kingdom

Post by SAAJ786 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 pm

StressedOut wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:53 pm
SAAJ786 wrote:

well, my reply was:

I said ok no problem.

FORTUNATELY.

GOOD LUCK.

Hello,

What category did you book your appointment under? I have already applied postal and paid £2297. If I try to book an appointment it asks me to pay £2887.
YES, Fees for SET(LR) premium is £2887 or something.

SAAJ786
inactive
United Kingdom

Post by SAAJ786 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:44 pm

wazee89 wrote:
Would you kindly share with the rest of people to renew the passport without the old one, please.
What country are you from? if you from Pakistan than you should have CNIC? if you go to your embassy and explaining the situation I am sure they will guide you better. If you from India than you should have Aadhaar card, a biometric, digital and physical identity system or Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) or Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC). Basically they have to make you a new passport if they can identify you in their national database, you have a genuine and real case, you just have to move now, go there and make it happen.

ALL I KNOW IS YOU CANNOT HAVE ANY VISA/PERMIT/STATUS UNTIL YOU HAVE VALID PASSPORT OR PROVIDE THEM LATER AT APPOINTMENT.

WHERE AND ON WHAT THEY WILL ISSUE YOU A VISA/PERMIT/BRP? ON EXPIRED PASSPORT?

I hope I am wrong, and you get your ILR soon and easy. BUT

I would go and seek some professional advice, from solicitor or embassy.

Do not take chances, this is the most important case ever.

wazee89

Post by wazee89 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:55 pm

''Requirements for Adults' (18 years and above) application processing

A. Personal appearance of the applicant

B. Production of one of the following original valid NADRA Cards along with its photocopy:
Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC)
National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP)
Smart National ID Card

C. Original previous Passport with its photocopy (for renewal applications)''

peacefultraveller

Post by peacefultraveller » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:02 pm

SAAJ786 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:44 pm
wazee89 wrote:
Would you kindly share with the rest of people to renew the passport without the old one, please.
What country are you from? if you from Pakistan than you should have CNIC? if you go to your embassy and explaining the situation I am sure they will guide you better. If you from India than you should have Aadhaar card, a biometric, digital and physical identity system or Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) or Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC). Basically they have to make you a new passport if they can identify you in their national database, you have a genuine and real case, you just have to move now, go there and make it happen.

ALL I KNOW IS YOU CANNOT HAVE ANY VISA/PERMIT/STATUS UNTIL YOU HAVE VALID PASSPORT OR PROVIDE THEM LATER AT APPOINTMENT.

WHERE AND ON WHAT THEY WILL ISSUE YOU A VISA/PERMIT/BRP? ON EXPIRED PASSPORT?

I hope I am wrong, and you get your ILR soon and easy. BUT

I would go and seek some professional advice, from solicitor or embassy.

Do not take chances, this is the most important case ever.
I think each country may have different policies when it comes down to passports, some countries do not allow to have a passport, without showing proof of the previous passport.

On the guidance, this is mentioned :

 provide a valid passport, national identity card or travel document

So it could mean, if passport is expired, what is the scenario when the HO already holds the passport?

Would they say, go and extend your passport and send it to us to approve the ILR?

The ILR card does not carry a passport number? So what weight would this carry, if HO already holds all documents and an applicant completes 10 years?

Advice and information or anyone who had such previous experience please provide some feedback

Ams2013

Post by Ams2013 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:21 pm

Hi all,

If you are varying your pending application you don't have to get renewal of passport if HO already have your expired passport , you can use alternative proof of ID i.e driving license to validate your application as passport is used as a proof of ID as per immigration rules Para 34 and it is not required for getting any visa being stamped as many people perceive it !

Please read below immigration rules and highlighted text supporting my claim !

Applications for leave to remain;
validation
, variation and withdrawal
Version 1.0
Requirement: Proof of identity -
Page 12 of 26 Published for Home Office staff on 6 April 2017

The application form includes guidance for applicants on what they can submit as
proof of identity to meet the requirements set out in paragraph 34 of the rules.
Paragraph 34 sets out that an applicant must provide, in order of preference:
• a valid passport
• a valid national identity card - ( this option is not available for PBS applicants)
• their most recent passport - this is the last one they held that has expired
• their most recent national identity card - this is the last one they held
• a valid travel document; this means a document, other than a passport or
nationality identity card, which has been issued by the government of the UK or
another state and which enables travel from one state to another

A passport, national identity card or travel document will not be valid if:
• it has been cancelled
• it has expired
• it was not issued by the government or authority by which it purports to have
been issued
• it has been altered in some way

Exceptions to the requirement to provide proof of identity
These exceptions are set out in paragraph 34(5)(c)(i)-(vii) of the rules.

If the Home Office has the applicant’s proof of identity on the date of application,
then the applicant obviously cannot provide it and you must not reject their
application as invalid on this basis.

If the applicant’s proof of identity has been lost or stolen, the applicant should have
contacted the relevant authorities to request a replacement. Where an applicant has
not done this and so does not have a replacement or an alternative listed under
paragraph 34(5)(b) to submit as part of their application, then you can ask them to
provide the reason why they have not sought to replace their proof of identity.
Where the applicant states their proof of identity has been stolen, they must provide
a crime reference number with their application.
Paragraph 34(6)(c)(vii) of the rules sets out that an applicant can provide a good
reason beyond their control why they cannot provide any proof of identity. Reasons
may include the following (this list is not exhaustive):
• there is no longer a functioning national authority to approach and provide a
new document, or because there is no Embassy or consular service in the UK
• there is a national authority to apply for a document but they have run out of
documents
• the applicant has made an application for a replacement document but the
issuing authority was not able to provide it before the application was made
• the applicant cannot obtain a document for reasons of national or personal
security
• the national authority has unreasonably refused to provide a document, for
example:
o if the national authority will only provide a passport if they apply in person but
there is no provision to apply in person in the UK
o if the national authority puts unreasonable barriers in place for the applicant
Paragraph 34(6) of the Rules states that you can ask the applicant to provide
alternative satisfactory evidence of their identity and nationality. For example this
could be a:

• birth certificate
• driving licence
• national health card
• national service document
If an applicant has not provided proof of identity in the timescale specified on the
application form, and no exception applies, you may write to them and give them 10
working days to provide proof of their identity. If they do not respond, you should
normally reject the application as invalid using the approved notice of invalidity
template: ICD 4946 on Doc Gen.

StressedOut
Newly Registered
India

Post by StressedOut » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:09 am

SAAJ786 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 pm
StressedOut wrote:

Hello,

Hello SAAJ786, many thanks for responding. Does this mean you paid the application fee twice? Or did you only pay the extra or the difference to get the Premium Appointment?

SAAJ786
inactive
United Kingdom

Post by SAAJ786 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:32 pm

StressedOut wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:09 am
SAAJ786 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 pm
StressedOut wrote:

Hello,

Hello SAAJ786, many thanks for responding. Does this mean you paid the application fee twice? Or did you only pay the extra or the difference to get the Premium Appointment?
Unfortunately, you have to pay double fees IF YOU PAID EXISTING APPLICATION FEES ALREADY, YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FULL PREMIUM SERVICE FEE AGAIN, and when your premium service application is successful, you will have to ask HO for a refund of your previous or existing application fee. HO will refund you the first fees.