ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-M ELR query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KM0170
United Kingdom

Extension of spouse visa questions

Post by KM0170 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi all!

I hope you are well.

I am a British citizen (born in the UK) and my wife is a Pakistani national who is here in the UK on a spouse visa.

I am starting to gather items and preparing for the application and want to clarify a few things (there will probably be more questions later on!).

Which application form should we be using? There are several FLR applications forms (assuming these are the right ones). Is there any definitive list of what documents are needed?

The spouse visa was issued for 33 months, starting on 25/02/15 and expiring on 25/11/17, my wife arrived here on 28/04/15, when is the earliest we can apply? My calculation is the 01/10/17 ( 28/04/15 + 30 months - 28 days).

During the application process when my wife's passport will be sent away is it possible for her to travel to Pakistan?

Thanks!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Extension of spouse visa questions

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:07 am

KM0170 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:37 pm
Hi all!

I hope you are well.

I am a British citizen (born in the UK) and my wife is a Pakistani national who is here in the UK on a spouse visa.

I am starting to gather items and preparing for the application and want to clarify a few things (there will probably be more questions later on!).

Which application form should we be using? There are several FLR applications forms (assuming these are the right ones). Is there any definitive list of what documents are needed? FLR(M). I believe the list of documents is on page 64. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flrm

The spouse visa was issued for 33 months, starting on 25/02/15 and expiring on 25/11/17, my wife arrived here on 28/04/15, when is the earliest we can apply? My calculation is the 01/10/17 ( 28/04/15 + 30 months - 28 days). YES

During the application process when my wife's passport will be sent away is it possible for her to travel to Pakistan? Not without a passport. If you apply in person at a PSC for the additional fee of £590, the application is generally processed on the same day.

Thanks!
In addition to the visa fee, your wife will also have to pay the £500 NHS surcharge. A2 level English is required from an approved UKVI test provider unless she qualifies with a degree or has an exempt nationality.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:36 am

Of course she would need a Passport to fly to Pakistan or anywhere abroad. How did this question even come to mind?
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:03 am

i.need.help wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:36 am
Of course she would need a Passport to fly to Pakistan or anywhere abroad. How did this question even come to mind?
This is unnecessary. Not everyone is aware of the processes and members are free to ask questions to help them understand.

Pls post with some respect.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KM0170
United Kingdom

Post by KM0170 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:56 pm

Thanks for your replies - was not aware of the health surcharge! (another £500! :O)

i.need.help I am wanting to be as open as possible in case anyone has some information, for example, there may be a way she can travel on a Pakistan ID card or we could get a temporary passport created? Likewise I had checked and thought FLR M is the form required however did not say in case people answered with something else. Having checked there is an online application however there does not seem to be much advantage in doing that over the postal method?

Will probably post back later on with a list of documents I've got. If there is any more info you can provide in the meantime please feel free to add!

Thanks!

KM0170
United Kingdom

Post by KM0170 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:45 pm

I have made a list of questions while going through the form and they are below. Please bear with me, it is quite long! But I just want to make sure we get everything right :)

I have printed the section and a question about that section in general where needed otherwise I have printed a specific point and question for that specific point.

Section 1 – Applicant Details

Her marital surname differs to her original surname however her original surname is on the passport.

The 2 points below are related so please read both.

1.5 – Surname or family name

What should go here? Her original surname or her marital surname?

1.7 – Any other name(s) by which you are or have been known

Or should her martial surname go here and not above?

Section 2 – Under which category are you applying for leave?

2.2 – Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?

I answered no as we already applied for the spouse visa. Is this correct?

Section 3 – Your Sponsor's details

3.9 – How long has your sponsor lived in the UK?

I answered with “since birth”, is this okay or should I put down date of birth?

Section 5 – Immigration History

5.3 – In what category were you granted permission to enter the UK?

Unsure what this should be. I put down spouse visa. When the visa was granted after appeal we got it on humanitarian grounds or similar.

5.8 – Have you ever been refused a visa for any country, including the UK?

I answered yes as the initial application was refused so we had to go through an appeal to get the visa she currently has. Is this correct?

Section 6 – Under which category are you applying for leave?

6.9 – If relevant, have you lived together permanently in the UK with your sponsor since your last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner?

My wife was away on her own in Pakistan for a few weeks, roughly 4/5 weeks. Does this count?

Section 7A – Financial requirement

Regarding my salary, I have a base salary and then have bonuses, should I write my total salary i.e. including my bonuses or just the base?

7.3 – From the list below, please indicate the financial source(s) and the amount of income you and/or your sponsor wish to rely on to meet the financial requirement.

I answered with income from salaried employment and entered the current annual salary in the box, however I am unsure which category to select and what these refer to.

7.3 A (xiv) – What is your/your sponsor’s annual income from your or their current employment before tax (£)?

In here I answered with my base salary figure and then & bonuses. So "£x & bonuses, in total roughly £y". Is this okay?

7.3 A (part of) – You or your sponsor must have been employed by the same employer for 6 months prior to the application and your combined total earnings must meet the specified amount at 7.3A (xiv) for this 6 month period. If not, does you and your sponsors income from salaried employment received in the 12 months prior to application meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet?

Should I answer this question? I have been employed by my current employer for several years and the combined earnings does meet the amount specified. If I do not have to answer this question then fine otherwise if I do I am assuming I would answer yes, but then that makes me even more dubious to what my answer for 7.3 (xiv) – base salary and bonuses or the total salary (including bonuses). Can you please help?

Section 8 – English Language Requirement

She has a degree which we used when we applied the first time however the form states that: "A person who is applying for leave to remain on the 5 year Partner route after 30 months in the UK with leave to enter or remain on that route, who met the A1 level English language requirement in their previous application, is required to show that they can speak and understand English at A2 level of the CEFR." Would this still suffice or do we require something else as the level required is now A2. I have tried searching the internet and cannot find a whole of information on this. Please advise?

Section 9 – Biometric residence permit

9.14 – Give details where your fingerprints were taken, including the town or city and country

I put down here "VFS Lahore Visa Application Centre, Lahore".

9.15 – Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was or were made abroad

I am unsure what is required here.

Which signature should my wife use? Her signature with her original surname or her marital one?

Photographs and documents checklist

This is where a list of documents and how many are required:

Certificate of degree/PhD for English language requirement and document from UK NARIC if appropriate

If we use her degree as the English language requirement, do we need a document from NARIC?

Documents to show exemption from English Language requirement

Are these the same as for above (Certificate of degree/PhD for English language requirement..) are are these something else?

I will post a list of documents shortly.

--------

Please provide as much information as possible. I am very grateful and appreciate the time and effort you have taken to help us!

KM0170
United Kingdom

Post by KM0170 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi, I've seen no replies so far..

Any help please anyone? If you need more info please let me know.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:52 pm

You posted a very long post very late on a Sunday night. It is a lot to go through and we don't sit with the forms on our desks either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KM0170
United Kingdom

Post by KM0170 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:13 am

Hi.. Sorry if I came across as being impatient, is there a way to delete a post? I would like to delete the previous one. I did not mean any bad feelings by it.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:17 am

There must be a guidance which advise step by step in filling the form and that one you should read instead becoming impatient because I think your query is too large.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

KM0170
United Kingdom

Post by KM0170 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:22 pm

I thought that maybe the thread had gone off and may have been missed as opposed to being impatient as such. Anyway! I did check the FLR-M guidance notes too. My post is lengthy but it's to try and make it easier to answer.

Thanks

KM0170
United Kingdom

FLR-M BRP section questions

Post by KM0170 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:59 am

I am filling out the BRP section on the FLR-M form and am stuck on 2 points. Some background - now our application was in person at the Gerrys VFS centre abroad in Lahore (that's what it is roughly called). We have an appointment form and this said on it that it was at VFS Lahore Visa Application Centre.

So the 2 confusing points are:

9.14 – Give details where your fingerprints were taken, including the town or city and country
I put down here "VFS Lahore Visa Application Centre, Lahore".

9.15 – Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was or were made abroad
I am unsure what is required here.

Please help.

Thank you

KM0170
United Kingdom

FLR (M) - 1.7 - Original/Marital surname?

Post by KM0170 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:06 am

Hi everyone.

This is regarding the following section on the FLR-M form:

1.7 Any other name(s) by which you are or have been known

If you have changed your surname post marriage however your pre-marital surname is on your passport, do you fill in 1.7 using your married name as this is anoter name by which you are known?

So for example if your pre-marital name is Laura Jane and your post marital name is Laura Beth and in your passport you still have your original name Laura Jane, do you put down Laura Beth in 1.7?

Many thanks!

KM0170
United Kingdom

FLRM document list - please help/advise

Post by KM0170 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:50 am

Hi all. Hope you are well and in good health!

I am applying for my wife's FLR-M (spouse visa extension) which is due to expire soon.

Here is the list of document I have assembled for the application. In the Photographs and documents checklist it says … “You should photocopy each of these documents and provide the copies in addition to the originals.” … So am assuming I need to provide scans of each of these documents.

Please take a look and advise if we have everything required.

Documents
Marriage certificate & scanned copy.
My passport photocopy (all of the pages)
My old passport (since this has entry/exit stamps of when we went on holiday together, passport dated from 2006-2016) & scanned copy.
My wifes passport
2 passport sized photos of my wife with full name written on the back.
1 passport sized photo of me with full name written on the back.
1 scan of my driving license.
1 scan of my wifes driving licence.
1 scan of my Pakistani national ID card which has my address on it.
(Do we need birth certificate for me wife?)

Financial requirement documents
A letter from my employer stating my name, position, annual gross salary, length of employment and contract type.
Payslips dated from March (31/02/17) through to September (29/09/17), all are signed and stamped.
Bank statements for me from 12/11/14 until 10/08/17, this is a batch of 31 letters dated 18/09/17.
Bank statements from 01/09/15 until 21/08/17, this is a batch of 6 letters dated 18/09/17.

Language exemption
Certificate of registration which mentions degree and date & scanned copy.
IELTS exemption letter from the university stating that it is recognised by the UK & scanned copy.
IELTS academic result letter stating CEFR level of C1 & scanned copy.

Correspondence letters

Addressed to both of us:
Doctors letter which states me and my wife at the same address and that my wife has been registered since 12th May 2015 and myself since 1st December 2000.
1 wedding invite, envelope stamped 2016.
1 wedding thank you card, envelope stamped Jan 2017.
Excursion letter dated 7th March 2016 which mentions both of us in the letter body but is addressed only to me.

Addressed to me:

A letter from my employer stating that my address on their employment records has been the same since the beginning of employment.
Copy of V5 document for my car.
Invoice from car garage (in my city) dated 18/05/15.
Western Union receipt dated 09/07/15.
Kwik fit receipt dated 03/01/16.
Farmers receipt dated 25/04/16
Budget car rental dated 30/04/16.
Letter from car garage (in my city) dated 03/06/16.
Western Union receipt dated 04/10/16.
Opticians letter which states date of eye exam as 25/10/15 and next exam on 20/10/17.
Chairty letter dated 24/03/17.
Contact lens order letter dated 09/04/17.
Nike order letter dated 05/08/17.
H & M Revenue & Customs letter dated 15/08/17.
Give blood letter dated 05/09/17.
Electoral register letter confirming name and address appear in the electoral register 2017 dated 18/09/17.
Charity letter.
Several Amazon receipts, dating from 2015-2017

Addressed to my wife:

Carphone warehouse receipt dated 07/05/15.
Opticians prescriptions x2 dated 11/05/15. Another 2 dated 12/04/17 and 18/09/17.
Flight letter dated 03/10/15.
Shipping letter from Pakistan dated 26/04/17.
Email showing electoral regstration dated 02/09/15, there is not address on this but has name.
IELTS confirmation receipts with bookings dated 19/08/15, 05/05/16, 24/06/16, 11/11/16, 14/02/17, 15/03/17.
Western Union emails which are receipts for having sent money to Pakistan x3 – dated 21/09/15, 29/12/15, 01/02/16.
DVSA theory test letter dated 29/01/16.
Dentist letter confirming address provided and that she has been registered since 05/04/16 and has been regularly attending appointments.
Rebtel receipts x6 dated between 28/04/16 and 24/11/16.
Admiral car insurance letters which show that my wife was insured on my car for a short while dated 27/06/17, 09/07/17, 27/07/17 and another car dated 12/06/16 and 29/09/16.
DVLA letters sent via email (while these do not show home address, they show the location as our city) dated 12/10/16, 20/02/17, 14/03/17, 04/05/17, 22/06/17.
Test email stating name and address dated 04/05/17.
National insurance number letter dated 09/08/17.
NHS letter dated 14/09/17.
Electoral register letter confirming name and address appear in the electoral register 2017 dated 18/09/17.
Chemist letter dated 29/09/17.
Amazon receipts x8, first one dated 08/09/15 through to 09/17.
Unze receipt.
Boots letter.

Do we need photographs of ourselves together?

Thanks a ton!!

KM0170
United Kingdom

28 day financial document rule

Post by KM0170 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:53 am

I am applying for visa extension for my wife and we have bank statements for her from 01/09/15 - 21/08/17 and mine are from 12/11/14 - 10/08/17. They are dated 18/09/17 since we ordered these in September and they came after roughly a week.

If you request a shorter date range/more recent date range they print this off in branch and stamp these unlike the statements we were sent (which were on official bank double sided paper).

So given the rule I am thinking to go in branch and ask for the last 3 months statements and include these with the rest of the statements which will bring this within 28 days. Is that okay?

Please reply.

Thanks!

metanoia
Pakistan

Re: 28 day financial document rule

Post by metanoia » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:28 am

For financial requirement you need to provide 6 months bank statements and 6 month pay slips if it's continuous employment with same employer for past 6 months.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

KM0170
United Kingdom

FLR-M ELR query

Post by KM0170 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:04 am

Hi all,

On behalf of my wife and her application:

I had filled out the FLR-M form section 8 (ELR) with:

Qualification obatined: MBBS
Subject: Medicine
Awarding Institution: Punjab Medical College (PMC)
Country of Study: Pakistan
State within Country: Faisalabad
Length of course: 5
Year of award: 2012

however it is no longer exempt from my understanding.

She has undertaken an IELTS academic test result. Is this something we can use? I am confused how to fill out section 8.4 if this is the case.

Am unsure on :

Title of qualification
Level of qualification (She was awarded CEFR level C1 - so presumably this).
Which body awarded the test (it was IETLS but unsure what IELTS SELT Consortium is).
What is the SELT number?
Awarding body is Cambridge English (as this appears on form?)
Award reference number (unsure what this given the form asks for 2 numbers, one SELT and this one).

Kind of stuck here, can anyone help please?

Thanks