ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Proof for British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohit1986
Newly Registered
India

English Proof for British Citizenship

Post by mohit1986 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Hi

I am looking to apply for British Citizenship. I got my ILR in May 2015 after being on Tier 2 for 5 years. Now when I look to apply for citizenship and documents for the same, there is a requirement for english. I have Life in UK certificate as one and as for other the applications says that if I have done ILR post 28Oct 2013, I dont need to furnish any more proof for english qualification as it would have been checked then. But when I look at the documents lists, it asks me to get NARIC certification.

Any help here please will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Mohit

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Re: English Proof for British Citizenship

Post by Tea_Rocket » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:51 pm

I have no personal experience with the English language requirement, so here is my best guess based on the information I've read on this board and from reading the guidance.

In your place, I would tick the box that says, "I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013" and send (or, if you're using an NCS, bring to your appointment) the degree certificate that you used for your ILR application.

I don't think you need to get a NARIC if your degree certificate without the NARIC was deemed sufficient for your ILR application in May 2015. However, it might be worth double-checking with an NCS and following the caseworker's advice.

mohit1986
Newly Registered
India

Re: English Proof for British Citizenship

Post by mohit1986 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:19 am

Thanks a lot. When I had applied for ILR it was still a point based system and the degree awarded me points for english qualification and there was no such NARIC required.