ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport for renewal just after ILR eligibility date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mysterio
Newly Registered

Passport for renewal just after ILR eligibility date

Post by Mysterio » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:10 am

Hello,

I am Indian national. I will be eligible for ILR in first week of Jan 2018 but my Passport is due for renewal in March 2018. Do I need to renew my passport before applying for ILR ? If yes then when should I do that ?

Cheers

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Passport for renewal just after ILR eligibility date

Post by makky86 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:22 am

Mysterio wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:10 am
Hello,

I am Indian national. I will be eligible for ILR in first week of Jan 2018 but my Passport is due for renewal in March 2018. Do I need to renew my passport before applying for ILR ? If yes then when should I do that ?

Cheers
No. There is no minimum passport Validitiy required for ILR.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:16 am

I suggest you to renew your Indian passport now if you do not have any problems with doing so. This will avoid any risk of complicating matters if your passport expires during decision time, in case you make a postal application in Jan 2018. Plus, you are eligible to renew your Indian passport from one year before its expiry.

K.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:50 am

Its entirely OP choice. There can be no complications whatsoever. Even if the passport expires during the application, its fine

Ams2013

Post by Ams2013 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:53 pm

iworker wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:50 am
Its entirely OP choice. There can be no complications whatsoever. Even if the passport expires during the application, its fine
Hi iworker,

I am also planning to vary my existing pending T1 application to ILR at premium services and all my passport are with them but my recent passport has been expired while waiting for current application and it was valid at the time when I applied, Do you think I should be fine to go at premium service with expired passport already with them ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:20 pm

Ams2013 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:53 pm
iworker wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:50 am
Hi iworker,

I am also planning to vary my existing pending T1 application to ILR at premium services and all my passport are with them but my recent passport has been expired while waiting for current application and it was valid at the time when I applied, Do you think I should be fine to go at premium service with expired passport already with them ?
Kindly refrain from tagging your question onto other members topics. It is unfair to the OP and is considered rude. Continue in your existing topic please.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-long-res ... l#p1531735
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mysterio
Newly Registered

Post by Mysterio » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Thank you everyone for clearing the doubt. Anyways I am suppose to go for one day premium service. I will still try and renew the passport before if possible. Does anyone have an idea that how long the passport renewal procedure takes ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:28 pm

You don't need to renew your passport. If you are applying in person, it only needs to be valid at the time of application. You can renew it later.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Mysterio wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:25 pm
Thank you everyone for clearing the doubt. Anyways I am suppose to go for one day premium service. I will still try and renew the passport before if possible. Does anyone have an idea that how long the passport renewal procedure takes ?
For Indian passports, usually 2-3 weeks in London.

K.

Mysterio
Newly Registered

Post by Mysterio » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks a lot for the information everyone :D