ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mahamalik
Newly Registered

naturalization

Post by mahamalik » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:48 am

hi everyone
my british nationality is due after 2 months just wanted to know about the process and the length of the process in these days.
thanx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: naturalization

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:14 am

Done any reading through the numerous current topics and timeline topics on the forum to get an idea???

british-citizenship/citizenship-faqs-co ... 95747.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Re: naturalization

Post by Tea_Rocket » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:49 pm

I understand the desire to know how long you will have to wait for a decision, but the truth is there is no way anyone can answer that question. You can read the timeline threads on this forum, but the processing time for people who are getting decisions now says nothing about how long it will take your application.

When I applied in April, people who had applied in January and February were getting decision letters—so they only had to wait 2-3 months. My application took almost 4 months from the date of application to the date I received the decision letter. Some people who applied before I did had to wait almost five months (and some are still waiting, as far as anyone knows). There are also always a few unlucky people whose applications take longer than the 6 month service standards, regardless of how fast applications are generally being processed.