ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character-Naturalisation-Parking Ticket by Private PEA-Urgent Help Pls!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ram14esh

Good Character-Naturalisation-Credit Card Default

Post by ram14esh » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:37 pm

hi can anyone advise about the 'Good Character' part where it says about Bankruptcy and I am not sure if defaulting on credit card payment come under this category. After defaulting on credit card it was agreed with the credit card company to do the payment monthly and this was closed with all the payments done and in the credit file it appears as 'SF' satisfied. As the repayment was agreed with the credit card company they did not go to court and there was not any case in the court regarding this.Will this come under Bankruptcy? pls advise as i am planning to apply for naturalisation and i am already eligible but just waiting for this to be clarified before applying.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Good Character-Naturalisation-Credit Card Default

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:53 pm

If you were not officially declared bankrupt or had an IVA arrangement than this is just an arrangement with a creditor which you complied with and completed so would not come under that section. However, it is likely to be shown in your credit file(s) which may be looked at by UKVI. Perhaps obtain your file (the £2 statutory I recommend). But it certainly doesn't come under bankruptcy.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:06 am

Thank you alterhase for your response. when i check my credit report it shows "YOU HAVE NO BANKRUPTCIES OR INSOLVENCIES RECORDED ON YOUR REPORT" and I think that is a relief. But in the credit report it did show as 'DF' defaulted but now satisfied. just nervous. wont this create any problem?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:32 am

If this was a one-off then one should think it won't make a difference.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ram14esh

Good Character-Naturalisation-Minor Car Accident-Urgent Help pls!

Post by ram14esh » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:09 am

I am applying for Naturalisation but recently involved in a minor car accident in a parking area in a super market. no police involved but both parties agreed for third party claim. I am assuming that insurance provider might notify this to DVLA. If this is the case do i need to explain this in good character section?will it affect my application outcome?

ram14esh

Good Character-Naturalisation-Parking Ticket by Private PEA-Urgent Help Pls!

Post by ram14esh » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:18 am

I am applying for naturalisation and recently issued a parking ticket by a private parking enforcement agency (PEA) for not displaying a parking permit in the underground parking in my apartment.This is not an government or DVLA agency and i have appealed for it to cancel this parking ticket as this was one of incident as i just forgot to display and i have valid permit to park as i am renting the apartment and i am authorised to park in the designated parking area.Do i need to worry about this ticket?Do i need to explain this in the good character section in my AN form?

EEA National
Bulgaria

Re: Good Character-Naturalisation-Parking Ticket by Private PEA-Urgent Help Pls!

Post by EEA National » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:54 am

You should be ok
No need to mention

Please see form AN, page 9: "You must give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a sentence of the court."

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Good Character-Naturalisation-Minor Car Accident-Urgent Help pls!

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:19 am

ram14esh wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:09 am
I am applying for Naturalisation but recently involved in a minor car accident in a parking area in a super market. no police involved but both parties agreed for third party claim. I am assuming that insurance provider might notify this to DVLA. If this is the case do i need to explain this in good character section?will it affect my application outcome?
Not necessary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Good Character-Naturalisation-Parking Ticket by Private PEA-Urgent Help Pls!

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:22 am

It is not necessary to start a new topic with every question you have on the same application. Keep all your question in ONE topic (this one).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:40 pm

thanks a lot for all the response thats a relief. Sorry CR001 I will combine all my queries in one post in future and thanks for combining my both post now :)

ram14esh

6 month rule for naturalization application

Post by ram14esh » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:35 pm

Is there any 6 month rule reg the absence from UK for naturalization application?I know in the past 5 years from the date of application for naturalization the total number of absence should not be more than 450 days for the people who follow the 5+1 year route via Tier-1 General Route. But not sure if there is a rule where it says your absence should not be more than 6 months from UK for the past 5 yrs for naturalization application as i am aware this rule applies only for ILR application. Also I know the total number of absence from UK should not be more than 90 days in the last 12 months for naturalization but this 6 month rule is a new one?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 6 month rule for naturalization application

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:16 pm

There is no such rule.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:17 pm

There isn't such rule!
You are mixing PR/ILR rules with naturalisation rules
When filling AN application forget about PR and IRL. They have nothing in common

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:31 pm

Well i Know there is no such question in AN form but when i submit my application at NCS centre they have a form to fill in and I noted that there was a question to answer Yes or No and it was worded that way.

In the last 5 years the total number of absence is not more than 6 months in any of the qualifying period?
Yes or NO (check box).

This form will be sent along with the AN form and the Payment Sheet which we fill in NCS office. So I am bit confused here. So this question is not in AN form but in a form at NCS office so will it has any impact?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:51 pm

Likely relevant to EU citizens.

There is no requirement to note a 6 month or more absence. The forms NCS use are not HO issued forms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:35 am

Thanks CR001 that's a bit of relief. I got it confirmed from one of my friend who filled the same form in the same NCS centre so for sure this question is in place at the NCS form. But as you suggested every NCS centre might be using their own form and it is not HO issued forms(Hopefully no impact fingers crossed and waiting). I am waiting for the outcome so I will keep posted about my outcome in this forum.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:21 am

I am glad to confirm that my citizenship was approved. Thank you all for your guidance regarding my credit card 'DF' status.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:24 am

Thanks CR001 and all others in the forum it seems this 6 month information on HO does not have any impact and my citizenship was approved.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:27 am

non declaration of parking ticket by private PEA was also not an issue as suggested by senior members in this forum and my citizenship was approved.Thank you all for your response and feedback.