ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong Visa Sub Type selected, IHS amount paid.. Want options

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

9saiansh
Newly Registered
India

Wrong Visa Sub Type selected, IHS amount paid.. Want options

Post by 9saiansh » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi All, please help me out in solving a query:

My daughter and myself have applied dependent visa (Tier 2 shortage occupation dependent). My wife is the main applicant. We have an appointment at VFS New Delhi, India on Tuesday (19th Sept).

The problem is that by mistake I completed the application of my daughter as Tier 2 General child rather than Tier 2 Shortage Occupation Child and I paid the IHS amount (equal to INR 51,000). Now, VFS is asking me to pay the Visa appplication fee of INR 49,800 because I selected the wrong visa sub type. General Shortage Occupation Child cost INR 37,800.

So, what should I do as I cant cancel the appointment/visa application as I've submitted the application and paid the IHS amount. 3 options I can foresee:

1) Withdraw the existing application and file a fresh one with correct visa sub type and ask for IHS refund against existing application.
Pros:No hectic/doubful case during visa interview.
Cons: Usually IHS refund is not good at all. Hence, INR 51,000 refund will be at stake.

2) Proceed with the existing application and write a letter/email to UK embassy/High Commission to amend the visa sub type from General Child to General Shortage Occupation Child. Attaching the letter at the time of Visa interview at VFS.
Pros: No need to apply fresh application and expemtion from slow process of IHS refund.
Cons: Extra amount to be paid as General Child application is INR 13K expensive than General Shortage Occupation. INR 13K might not be refunded at all if in any case they change the visa sub-type. Chances of rejection of visa might arise due to wrong selection of Visa Sub-type.

3) Create a fresh application under General Shortage Occupation Child and use the IHS reference number of previous application and requesting them to consider the payment reference of previous application at the time of interview
Pros: No new IHS payment is done.
Cons: Complexity of the application gets increased. Hence chances of doubt of application arises and hence rejection too.

Please help me to choose the best option from the above. I'm highly confused. Dont know, if I'm thinking too much or it is a serious issue.

Thanks

manorana2009
United Kingdom

Re: Wrong Visa Sub Type selected, IHS amount paid.. Want options

Post by manorana2009 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:01 pm

9saiansh
Newly Registered
India

Re: Wrong Visa Sub Type selected, IHS amount paid.. Want options

Post by 9saiansh » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:12 am

Hi Thanks and Yes, I checked. but nothing is written about NHS refund. Its all bout Visa fee refund.
As of now, I've not paid for daughter's visa fee.

Can you help me in checking the NHS refund/or adjustment of NHS reference number to another visa application.