ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA PR Application queries

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Marikistin
Philippines

Non-EEA PR Application queries

Post by Marikistin » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:02 am

Hi all!!! first of all i would like to say thank you for accepting me here this site is a ton of wealth of information.
Please be easy, I have questions regarding application.Here it goes:

1.My husband's payslips and P60's are all accessed online:electronic format...is this ok to submit as we just printed them all from their payroll system or do we need to have it certified from their main office?

2.We do not have any joint bank accounts or any bills that both have our names in it,the only ones we have i think is the hmrc one for the child tax credit and working tax credit.is this ok to submit as proof we are together?

3.I have read on here too about invoking the McCarthy transitional arrangements...how do i go about this?please if you have any sample letter/pattern as to how i have to start the letter i will greatly appreciate it.(my husband is Irish/British) Our FP was issued 12/April/2012 and I have submitted an application for RC on 13/Oct/2012 and i believe that they have received our application on 15/Oct/2012...We were then issued a Residency Permit for 5 years.As i have understood we are covered by the ta (please correct me if im wrong) i just dont know how to word it properly or if i have to quote certain schedules or paragraph from the regulations or something.

I might have more questions later on if it comes to my head...but these are the ones for now and all your replies and comments will be greatly appreciated!!!thank you so much in advance!!!

Marikistin
Philippines

Re: Non-EEA PR Application queries

Post by Marikistin » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:21 am

Also,there was a question on the application asking about fingerprints in previous immigration application,i can remember doing one for when we applied our family permit in my home country, however, i cannot remember the date which they werr taken...how do i answer this question?thank you so much in anticipation.

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:37 am

Marikistin wrote:1.My husband's payslips and P60's are all accessed online:electronic format...is this ok to submit as we just printed them all from their payroll system or do we need to have it certified from their main office?
I don't think that will be a problem. Many companies have gone to electronic P60s now. When my wife submitted her PR application in 2014 she included a couple of machine-generated P60s amongst the mailed ones (some of which she had lost) and they were accepted. They were not certified by her company. If you have any doubts, the EEA(PR) Guidance Notes v3.0 (Apr 2017), on p.12 says in lieu of P60s or payslips you can submit "a letter from employer(s) confirming period(s) of employment and annual earnings." So I would suggest including the printed P60s, the payslips, AND a letter of employment -- then they can pick whichever evidence they like, but they can't say you didn't submit something acceptable.
Marikistin wrote:2.We do not have any joint bank accounts or any bills that both have our names in it,the only ones we have i think is the hmrc one for the child tax credit and working tax credit.is this ok to submit as proof we are together?
This is an interesting one. The old EEA(PR) Guidance Notes v1.0 (Jul 2015), Sec.11 said that "If you're applying as the spouse or civil partner of an EEA national...you do not have to prove you have been living together but it will assist your application if you do." This paragraph has been completely deleted from v3.0 of Apr 2017, which says to me they don't want or need such evidence at all. But if you want to include it anyway -- and I would because you might get some caseworker who hasn't read or doesn't care about the new guidance -- then according to v1.0 "if you don't have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you."
Marikistin wrote:3.I have read on here too about invoking the McCarthy transitional arrangements...how do i go about this?please if you have any sample letter/pattern as to how i have to start the letter i will greatly appreciate it.(my husband is Irish/British) Our FP was issued 12/April/2012 and I have submitted an application for RC on 13/Oct/2012 and i believe that they have received our application on 15/Oct/2012...We were then issued a Residency Permit for 5 years.As i have understood we are covered by the ta (please correct me if im wrong) i just dont know how to word it properly or if i have to quote certain schedules or paragraph from the regulations or something.
Yes, you are covered by the Transitional Provisions from the McCarthy judgement. I have not seen any particular format to use when applying under the TP, but I would include a cover letter making very clear in large, bolded print that you are covered under McCarthy, making reference to the law in question. And in the application itself, where they ask for the EEA national's citizenships, I'd also write a note to the effect of "covered by McCarthy Transitional Provisions, see cover letter" or something like that. The relevant legislation is The Immigration (European Economic Area) (Amendment) Regulations 2012, Schedule 3, found at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012 ... ule/3/made

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:49 am

Marikistin wrote:Also,there was a question on the application asking about fingerprints in previous immigration application,i can remember doing one for when we applied our family permit in my home country, however, i cannot remember the date which they werr taken...how do i answer this question?thank you so much in anticipation.
Put in the date to the best of your recollection. In the space underneath I'd just write a note saying "exact date uncertain, but it was sometime between DD/MM/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY." Then you've provided them all the information you have to the best of your ability. If they can't find your fingerprints from that then they need to consider another line of work.

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:30 pm

GMB thank you so much for your helpful reply.That will assist me greatly in filling out the form.

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Marikistin wrote:GMB thank you so much for your helpful reply.That will assist me greatly in filling out the form.
You're welcome. By the way here's the link to the current EEA(PR) Guidance Notes. I recommend giving it a good read-through.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... tes-v3.pdf

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi All!
Im back again after a couple of months trying to gather everything for our application and reading up here.

As going through and answering the PR application form i have some question just to check if i have done/ am doing the right things:

Section 5 as my Husband is a dual national Irish/British i just ticked the question 5.2 Born in the UK as he is born in Northern Ireland. ---> is this correct?

Section 9 listed all his activity, this inlcudes 2 months of not working and had put the reason/activity as temporary incapacity ----> do i need to explain this in the cover letter? i have previously posted some questions about this as his employment gap...in the event that i am able to get a letter from our GP stating he had severe depression and anxiety and they haven't put any particular period in the letter,will the letter be enough to support this area?

Section 16 do i need to complete this bit? my husband is Irish/British and we are applying
under his Irish citizenship so i am not sure if i have to complete this.

Documents to be submitted: we are planning to submit our children's birth certificate but was not sure (they are not included in this application) if we should or we shouldn't because we didn't want to confuse caseworker/ home office but we don't want to give them any reason either to find room for refusal on our application:
-Birth Certificate of our eldest son is from the Philippines (but we are able to apply
him a British passport, hence not included in the application.
-Birth Certificate of our youngest son is UK one.
Would they question us about this? or is it ok to just provide it as evidence of support to our marriage and being together?

Please please any input at all any advice and recommendations will be greatly appreciated as i am looking to submit it very soon as it is long overdue.

Many thanks and kind regards to all. :)

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Also, my husband used to claim housing benefit but that has already stopped in 2016 do i need to declare this on section 16? and does claiming child benefit, child tax credit, working tax credit affect our application?

Very anxious.

Thanks so much in advance.

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:21 am

Further info about my husband's employment gap is as follows:

From 12 Feb 2014 to 27 May 2014

I have declared this period as temporary incapacity...and will write an explanation on our cover letter. And hopeful that GP letter can back it up (as i havent got the letter yet and still waiting,dont know what the wording will be)... will this be an acceptable time of gap if ever? And if not,what can i do about it?

Again any input(s) at all will be greatly and highly appreciated thanks.

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Please Please please if any at all have any suggestions/comments recommendations it will be of a very big help as i was hoping to submit my application this week.many thanks.

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Will they also use MET/PET Test in assessing our case as my husband only works part time,10 hours per week. Thanks again.

ladytan382
Newly Registered

Post by ladytan382 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:58 pm

Marikistin wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:46 pm
Will they also use MET/PET Test in assessing our case as my husband only works part time,10 hours per week. Thanks again.

no they dnt, am in the same boat like ur, just send ur application as soon as possible, dnt make it very complicated simply application make it short I did it and I got my bio and work letter, now waiting for PR, they r doing it very quick now so dnt miss the boat, u wil get ur pr within 3 months

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:41 am

ladytan382 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:58 pm
Marikistin wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:46 pm

no they dnt, am in the same boat like ur, just send ur application as soon as possible, dnt make it very complicated simply application make it short I did it and I got my bio and work letter, now waiting for PR, they r doing it very quick now so dnt miss the boat, u wil get ur pr within 3 months
Thank you for your reply ladytan382.yep i made it very simple.i will be sending my application tomorrow and goodluck on your application too! :)