ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Addy135
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Addy135 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:37 pm

I have applied for spouse visa from Mirpur, Pakistan on 02 May 2017 and biometrics were submitted on 03 May 2017. I have a British daughter too. Despite number of calls made, and emails sent nothing has been done. I contacted my MP as well but no reply. I work full time for NHS and earn more than £18,600 but still they don't care. Just need to wait and pray. Can't do anything else.

eternale
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by eternale » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:11 pm

ozzyc wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:03 am
eternale wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:46 am
I am still waiting since 8th of may. And haven't receieved any emails or anything. Havent received not starightforward email too. My case is strong so i really feel lost. also someone applied a month after me from the same place ive applied without priority got his result..
this made me happy for him but furious about my application, how is this fair?! did they forget my application? we have contacted our mp, send numerous emails and calls, and got auto replies , thats all. i dont know what else we can do at this point...
hi eternale :) in another forum, someone from Turkey has posted an information as below. Maybe you should call UKVI and ask for the outcome once again? They might forget to inform you about the decision?

i collected my passport this morning and it's approved!!! still can't believe it. i hope all of you waiting get yours very soon, it was an unbelievable 3 months

Country applying from:: Turkey
Online application: 17 June 2017 - Priority
Biometrics and scanning of documents at VFS: 20 June 2017
Email acknowledging online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre and that application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer: 23 June 2017
No decision made email, no further documents requested, no nothing - i learnt the decision is made by calling them on 59th day - 12th September 2017, no update on TLS either
Only received an email from British Consulate this morning saying my passport is ready for collection
i am thinking maybe its because i havent applied with priority. So maybe i have to wait even longer. Should i contact to MP again then? Because to our calls and emails they dont tell anything! Also what if i am in same situation with that person but even British Consulate doesnt send me an email to collect my passport? Could smt like that happen? I am expecting everything from them at this point!

jahan786
Newly Registered

Post by jahan786 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:13 pm

hi guys.
i have applied for settlement visa on 18th may 2017 .. after that no email no contact. no case straightforwrd emails etc...
but my online uk visa application login.. where it was showing complete from last 4 months. now showing inactive ... .gwf reff number still not recognized ..
any of you have any idea...
why my online application from compelete to turn inactive.. ?
plz if you know about it let me know
or after some time it automatically goes inactive.
thanks regards

Ace87
Mood:
Philippines

Post by Ace87 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:48 am

eternale wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:46 am
I am still waiting since 8th of may. And haven't receieved any emails or anything. Havent received not starightforward email too. My case is strong so i really feel lost. also someone applied a month after me from the same place ive applied without priority got his result..
this made me happy for him but furious about my application, how is this fair?! did they forget my application? we have contacted our mp, send numerous emails and calls, and got auto replies , thats all. i dont know what else we can do at this point...

I feel you😐
I meet a woman at English test back in March.30
She just married an English guy for few months, she never been in UK not even once. (I been several times for visitor visa). We keep in touch after that day. She done her biometric at May.8 as well and mine is 15 same month. She got her visa 3 Aug. Wail am still waiting mine till now :shock:

I don't receive any email too, on hold email or not straight forwarded not one..

For we have nothing else to do really but wait..

Heron
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Heron » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:15 am

Hi guys I am new in this forum please if anyone can help me and give me suggestions I will be happy
I applied for flrfp visa but home office reply me
I5 July 2016
Thanks for your application for permission to stay uk
Your application raises issues relating to the European convention on human rights which are complex in nature.as such , if falls outside our normal service standards deciding leave to remain application, please be assured that we will make decisions your case as soon as possible , so I am telling the case detail my wife is living here live to remain status 10 years route she got 2 nd extension in august 2017 her previous child is British 4 years old living with her I married her may2017
With home office permission to register office in London
I submitted my marriage picture , marriage certificate
Everything
I am in this country 13 years now and overstayers
Its application pending is nearly 15 months
My solicitor send reminder letter to home office may 2017 they nothing reply
After that solicitor sent another reminder letter august 2017 nothing reply
I track my application check your visa
I seen on last update 25 may
Your application is considered
Awaiting to decision
I am really confused
Please give me any suggestions
Thanks

bittu11
Mood:
India

Post by bittu11 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:44 am

Hey guys

Just a quick update regarding escalation waiting times whoever has escalated and still waiting to get response from them.. I would recommend to call them coz yday when I called after 3-4 weeks to get status of my escalation the First operator told me that it's not escalated at all even we have emails regarding confirmation that escalation was made. I called back again second operator told me that they are not recieveing response from decision making centre which is apprantely New Delhi for all applications made within some part of india. I was under impression that from 2017 Sheffield is making all decisions. So please call them and ask thoroughly that what is actually going on. Even the operator suggested me to put the complain as I am waiting for almost 9 months now.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:55 am

bittu11 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:44 am
Hey guys

Just a quick update regarding escalation waiting times whoever has escalated and still waiting to get response from them.. I would recommend to call them coz yday when I called after 3-4 weeks to get status of my escalation the First operator told me that it's not escalated at all even we have emails regarding confirmation that escalation was made. I called back again second operator told me that they are not recieveing response from decision making centre which is apprantely New Delhi for all applications made within some part of india. I was under impression that from 2017 Sheffield is making all decisions. So please call them and ask thoroughly that what is actually going on. Even the operator suggested me to put the complain as I am waiting for almost 9 months now.
Hi
So are you trying to say that Sheffield is looking at our applications?? But we have sent all the documents to Sheffield only ... I didn't understand that " Delhi part " which you wrote ??? What is actually going on

bittu11
Mood:
India

Post by bittu11 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:04 am

Well the only thing I will like to say is whoever is waiting for their reply on escalation DO NOT wait for them to respond coz they will tell you that case was not escalated in first place even when we have email confirmation. Basically they are only buying time by making stories..... call them people and ask them what is actually going on. Everyone will know what is actually going on behind closed doors.

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:07 am

bittu11 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:04 am
Well the only thing I will like to say is whoever is waiting for their reply on escalation DO NOT wait for them to respond coz they will tell you that case was not escalated in first place even when we have email confirmation. Basically they are only buying time by making stories..... call them people and ask them what is actually going on. Everyone will know what is actually going on behind closed doors.
what email confirmation bittu? did you get an email confirmation after sending an escalation?

bittu11
Mood:
India

Post by bittu11 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:46 am

Yes, we did receive confirmation of escalation made and we should expect update within 15 working days.

blueorchids007
Nigeria

Post by blueorchids007 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:54 am

So checked Visa4UK site today and my status changed from Completed to Inactive, so I do not think the site has anything to do with tracking the decision making process. I think it says completed when your application has been submitted, and inactive after a certain period of time.The ukgov checker still keeps saying reference not recognised regardless of the reference used (GWF, IHS, etc), and the TLScontact website still stuck at 'Received by UKVI'.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:05 am

Hi guys
I don't know what the visa4uk site status really means..
Mine still shows complete. And some other in this forum shows as In Active (2 words). And some others status shows as Inactive
Anybody know what it really means?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:07 am

blueorchids007 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:54 am
So checked Visa4UK site today and my status changed from Completed to Inactive, so I do not think the site has anything to do with tracking the decision making process. I think it says completed when your application has been submitted, and inactive after a certain period of time.The ukgov checker still keeps saying reference not recognised regardless of the reference used (GWF, IHS, etc), and the TLScontact website still stuck at 'Received by UKVI'.
Mine still shows complete. And some other in this forum shows as In Active (2 words). And some others status shows inactive

When did u apply?
Did u get not straightforward email?

blueorchids007
Nigeria

Post by blueorchids007 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:20 am

Sydvir wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:07 am
blueorchids007 wrote:
Mine still shows complete. And some other in this forum shows as In Active (2 words). And some others status shows inactive

When did u apply?
Applied in May, Biometrics 5th June. Status on visa4UK yesterday was Complete. This morning In Active (two words)

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:25 am

blueorchids007 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:20 am
Sydvir wrote:
blueorchids007 wrote:

When did u apply?
Applied in May, Biometrics 5th June. Status on visa4UK yesterday was Complete. This morning In Active (two words)
As u didn't receive any hold emails.
I think your application is in final stages.

blueorchids007
Nigeria

Post by blueorchids007 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:38 am

Sydvir wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:25 am
blueorchids007 wrote:
Sydvir wrote:
blueorchids007 wrote:

When did u apply?
I pray so! I have pretty much stopped worrying since its not in my control and my worries won't change a thing. Just trying to follow all the available channels of inquiry and fingers crossed, they will respond with a positive outcome.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:06 am

Hi rijab and ish21
Have u heard anything from HO?

rijab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rijab » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:19 am

Sydvir wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:06 am
Hi rijab and ish21
no we are trying but still awaiting decision :cry:

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:47 am

rijab wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:19 am
Sydvir wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:06 am
Hi rijab and ish21
no we are trying but still awaiting decision :cry:
Did u contacted them recently?
Is your 120 working days completed?

paulakh
Newly Registered

Post by paulakh » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:11 pm

blueorchids007 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:38 am
Sydvir wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:25 am
blueorchids007 wrote:
Sydvir wrote:

When did u apply?
I pray so! I have pretty much stopped worrying since its not in my control and my worries won't change a thing. Just trying to follow all the available channels of inquiry and fingers crossed, they will respond with a positive outcome.
HI , my wife applied on 9th march and on 2nd June application changed complete to in active , same day recieved case not straight forward email. since 2nd June still awaiting decision .mp emailed ho and got reply same case not straight forward. escalated 3 times and same answer from ho ,we working on your application , and trying to make decision as soon as possible ,sorry we cant give you exact timescale . so i think when they open application they change complete to in active. so that status don't mean anything

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:09 pm

I was wondering after escalation, and you get a response telling you something like that your case has been passed on to the relavant department and someone will contact you. Any one got that response, after how long you have to wait until you hear something? I hear that it takes 15 days....my 24 weeks completed and still waiting :cry: :cry:

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:46 pm

bittu11 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:46 am
Yes, we did receive confirmation of escalation made and we should expect update within 15 working days.
Did you recieve anything Bittu?
Did it state 15 days in the email they sent?
We have not recieved anything, I guess its early days, only 8 days has passed. Don't know what the future holds.

LilyY
Newly Registered

Post by LilyY » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:17 pm

M2sam wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:09 pm
I was wondering after escalation, and you get a response telling you something like that your case has been passed on to the relavant department and someone will contact you. Any one got that response, after how long you have to wait until you hear something? I hear that it takes 15 days....my 24 weeks completed and still waiting :cry: :cry:
Hi M2sam,

Personally, I think the whole case of escalation is them buying more time without sounding inefficient. I've escalated my case twice and both times, I was told that my case was being forwarded to the relevant department but i was also told to call back if I hadn't heard anything by the end of the 15 working days. So there's really no guarantee that we will receive news in the said time unfortunately :(

MissOwl
Newly Registered

Post by MissOwl » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:10 pm

I'm one of those whose application was put on hold, my husband rang the enquiry service on the 12th of september, to see what the status of application was and ask for an escalation. Which I didn't think would work in the first place, seeing as I applied in April, and there's people here who are still waiting since November and I understand they are looking into them in chronological order. I got a reply yesterday saying my application is still under consideration and to expect their decision in due course. So basically nothing :D
But the fact that they did acknowledge our request is nice :D That being said I think so called escalation is absolutely useless and doesn't do much even if your application wasn't on hold or you didn't get a 'not straightforward' email. But I might be wrong.

Lifeisadream
United Kingdom

Post by Lifeisadream » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:29 am

Biometric appointment was done on April. My application is put on hold since July.

The question is I went for a job interview, I got the job offer. I'm not sure to accept the offer or will it affect my application already with the home office since April. I'm sooo onfused what to do. :(