ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport Application for Wife and Son

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bhupal

British Passport Application for Wife and Son

Post by Bhupal » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Hello All,

Last year 21 November 2016, my wife and son got ILR after being 10 years been to the UK.Wife passes her English test and Life in UK Test during the ILR time.Son is only 14 years old.My question is:
When both of my wife and son are eligible to apply for their British Passport now?
What sort of application do they need to fill?
How much does it cost for this form?
Can we include our son as a dependent on my wife application or do they need separate application form?
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: British Passport Application for Wife and Son

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Your wife and son require British citizenship before qualifying for a British passport.

Do you hold British citizenship?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:59 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:40 pm
Your wife and son require British citizenship before qualifying for a British passport.

Do you hold British citizenship?
OPs citizenship was refused due to TOEIC.

british-citizenship/refusal-british-cit ... l#p1481292
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi Casa,

I hold ILR on basis of 10 years in UK student.However, my wife and son came the UK on 2006 on my student visa dependent.They both got ILR from their own 10 years in the UK.They got ILR on 21 Nov 2016.

My question is when they will be entitled to Naturalisation, if so when they can and which form they will fill and the fees of the form, please.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:21 pm

My question is when they will be entitled to Naturalisation, if so when they can and which form they will fill and the fees of the form, please.
They must hold ILR for a full 12 months. There is no '28 day rule' for citizenship.

Form AN for wife, costs £1282

Form MN1 for child, costs £973

Both must meet the good character requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi CR001,

Last year 21 Nov 2016, both were granted ILR.That means we don't need to wait until 22 Nov 2017 to apply Naturalisation. You said "There is no '28 day rule' for citizenship", is that means my wife and son can apply on 21 October 2017 or not? Would it be possible to clarify me more details, please?

Thank you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Bhupal wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:10 pm
Hi CR001,

Last year 21 Nov 2016, both were granted ILR.That means we don't need to wait until 22 Nov 2017 to apply Naturalisation. You said "There is no '28 day rule' for citizenship", is that means my wife and son can apply on 21 October 2017 or not? Would it be possible to clarify me more details, please?

Thank you.
They can apply no earlier than 21 November 2017 which is the 12 month mandatory period following the granting of ILR. If they apply any earlier the application will be refused and the application fee will be lost.

They MUST have been present in the UK on the equivalent date 5 years previous on the day the application is submitted.
This is either the date submitted through the NCS, or if applying by post, the date the HO receive the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi Casa,

They been to UK for the 11 years now.

Many thanks,

Bhupal

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:29 pm
They MUST have been present in the UK on the equivalent date 5 years previous on the day the application is submitted.
For your wife's application, you will also need to prove that she was physically in the UK at the start of the five year period.

So, if she were to apply on 21st November 2017, she is required to have been in the UK on 22nd November 2012. If she was away, say on holiday or at work outside the UK, the application will fail.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:00 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:03 pm
Casa wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:29 pm
For your wife's application, you will also need to prove that she was physically in the UK at the start of the five year period.

So, if she were to apply on 21st November 2017, she is required to have been in the UK on 22nd November 2012. If she was away, say on holiday or at work outside the UK, the application will fail.
Hi Secret Simon,

My wife and son came ot UK on May 2006 and then they have never went holiday outside of UK and ILR got on their 10 years in UK and ILR on Nov 2016.

Thanks