ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) first extension questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tanzeel27
Newly Registered

FLR(M) first extension questions

Post by Tanzeel27 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi Guys

Due to apply for my wife's first extension in November so just trying to be a bit proactive and get the documents ready.

I'm British citizen and we have 1 daughter born last year.

I'm struggling with the so called correspondence documents which i need to provide.

Whilst we were living with my brother in law we only had 1 bill which was on joint name but after we move to my new house they changed the name back to theirs which changed all the historical bills as well so i don't have any joint name letters whilst living with them from April 2015-october 2016.

We only have single name letters at the first addressi.e.
Wife : NHS letters, national insurance number letter, bank statement
Me: only have bank statements, payslips, p60 and tax letters.

In our current house we have joint bills: council tax, energy bill, water bill, recent joint bank account.

Would these be sufficient?

Many thanks

Tanzeel27
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) first extension questions

Post by Tanzeel27 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Anyone????????

SaJaRo
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: FLR(M) first extension questions

Post by SaJaRo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:11 pm

This is what the document checklist says:

Items of correspondence addressed to Mrs xxxxx and Mr xxxxxxx at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, up to a maximum of 2 years

Items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names. The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. For example - 4 items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address. In total 8 items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence evidencing that you reside together at the same address. Documents provided must be originals. Examples of acceptable items include:

Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters Bank statements or letters Building society savings books or letters Council tax bills or statements Electricity or gas bills or statements Water rates bills or statements Mortgage statements or agreement Tenancy agreement(s) Telephone bills or statements