ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgently Tier 4 Dependant? Who Sponsored?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bolivar

Urgently Tier 4 Dependant? Who Sponsored?

Post by Bolivar » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Hello guys i have my TIER 4 Visa and also i will apply for my wife and i am really confused because of sponsored.

i dont have any goverment or another sponsorship or scholarship.My father cover my all acco and study costs and in that case who will sponsor for my wife? Me or my father i will apply for my wife tomorrow and i dont know exactly what should i do? i read guidance for 20 times and i'm confused that please anybody can say right thing for me? Official financial sponsorship is not normally sponsored like my father as i understand so i think i have to sponsor my wife?

But really i dont know... Please help because i dont want to do wrong.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_2017.pdf

Here is guidance for T4 Dependant

Thanks for all.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Urgently Tier 4 Dependant? Who Sponsored?

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:10 pm

You are looking at the wrong guidance. You need to look at the PBS Dependant guidance, not the Tier 4 guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5

See paragraph 87 for the 4 possible types of evidence she can show for proof of maintenance. You will see that in all cases, the evidence must be in either her name or in your name. She cannot show evidence of money in anyone else's name.

If your father is giving her money for her living costs, he need to give her that money upfront. When she has held it in her own name for at least 28 days, she can use that evidence in her application. It sounds like she will need to delay her application until she has this evidence.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Bolivar

Post by Bolivar » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:28 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:10 pm
You are looking at the wrong guidance. You need to look at the PBS Dependant guidance, not the Tier 4 guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5

See paragraph 87 for the 4 possible types of evidence she can show for proof of maintenance. You will see that in all cases, the evidence must be in either her name or in your name. She cannot show evidence of money in anyone else's name.

If your father is giving her money for her living costs, he need to give her that money upfront. When she has held it in her own name for at least 28 days, she can use that evidence in her application. It sounds like she will need to delay her application until she has this evidence.
Ok i got it. Also i have an account and i held money for 3 months so if i show my account there's no problem for us right? I'm confusing because my father sponsored me and i'll sponsor to her?

Also should i add photos for our marriage and relationship previously? Or just marriage certificate is enough?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:32 pm

Bolivar wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:28 pm
Also i have an account and i held money for 3 months so if i show my account there's no problem for us right? I'm confusing because my father sponsored me and i'll sponsor to her?
In principle that is fine.[/quote]
Bolivar wrote:
Also should i add photos for our marriage and relationship previously? Or just marriage certificate is enough?
The marriage certificate is enough, unless there could be any question about the marriage subsisting, for example if you have been living apart.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Bolivar

Post by Bolivar » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:54 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:32 pm
Bolivar wrote:
Also i have an account and i held money for 3 months so if i show my account there's no problem for us right? I'm confusing because my father sponsored me and i'll sponsor to her?
In principle that is fine.
Bolivar wrote:
The marriage certificate is enough, unless there could be any question about the marriage subsisting, for example if you have been living apart.
[/quote]

Thanks for your answer again. We're living Hotel for 3 months i didnt rent a flat because i thought we'll go to UK should i add any documents about that? What you advice to me?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:06 pm

Bolivar wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:54 pm
We're living Hotel for 3 months i didnt rent a flat because i thought we'll go to UK should i add any documents about that?
No.

Bolivar

Post by Bolivar » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:13 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:06 pm
Bolivar wrote:
We're living Hotel for 3 months i didnt rent a flat because i thought we'll go to UK should i add any documents about that?
No.
Thanks for your answer again.

So what you mean about living apart? I will just add marriage certificate our marriage is nearly new we married on 2th of July i can add lot of photos about our relationship should i do? Because in exract of civil registry my adress is:UK because last year i've been in the UK as a student in language school. My wife's adress is in Turkey and it's different adress so this evidence not show that we're living together i mean this?

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:50 pm

Bolivar wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:13 pm
sah10406 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:06 pm
Bolivar wrote:
No.
Thanks for your answer again.

So what you mean about living apart? I will just add marriage certificate our marriage is nearly new we married on 2th of July i can add lot of photos about our relationship should i do? Because in exract of civil registry my adress is:UK because last year i've been in the UK as a student in language school. My wife's adress is in Turkey and it's different adress so this evidence not show that we're living together i mean this?
Bolivar pls update us about your timeline tier4 visa on the forum that I quoted you in it. I can't follow up you through here cos admin deleted it because its not relevant to this thread.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:45 pm

Bolivar wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:13 pm
It is perfectly normal for a couple to have different addresses before their marriage.

If you have been living apart after you married in July, you should add some evidence of ongoing contact during that time, to confirm that the marriage is subsisting. I suppose photos could be relevant but only if it is obvious that the photos were taken during the time that you were not living together. Otherwise, examples of phone, letter, email and social media contact is fine.