ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Whats After EEA4 and PR. I have received my PR and i need more informnation about applying for British citzenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

daygi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Whats After EEA4 and PR. I have received my PR and i need more informnation about applying for British citzenship

Post by daygi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi all,

I have recevied my PR as a non EU and as a family member of an EU national. My wife has PR since 2014 and my son was born in the UK and he is 6 years old now and only holding Portuguese and my wife is holding Portuguese and PR in the UK since 2014.

In the home Office letter they told me I can Apply for a British citizenship from January 2018.

My questions are
- can I apply with my wife and son for British citizenship and make one application for 3 of us?
- I have finished University last year and I am not currently employed ?
- What are the cost ?
- Will it be easier to apply as a single applicant or with the family as all 3 of us can apply now.

I hope you guys who have experience can provide us with all necessary information. we would really appreciate it.

Many Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Whats After EEA4 and PR. I have received my PR and i need more informnation about applying for British citzenship

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:39 am

daygi wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:17 pm
- can I apply with my wife and son for British citizenship and make one application for 3 of us?
There are no joint applications for citizenship. You and your wife will need to make to separate Form AN applications and you can submit a Form MN1 application for your son.
daygi wrote:
There is no requirement for employment for naturalisation. You can apply even if you are unemployed.
daygi wrote:
- What are the cost ?
£1282 x 2 for your wife and you; £973 for your son. Totally £3537.
daygi wrote:
- Will it be easier to apply as a single applicant or with the family as all 3 of us can apply now.
No family application option. Each application is individual and will be decided independently.

To the mods: one for the British citizenship forum?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

daygi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Re: Whats After EEA4 and PR. I have received my PR and i need more informnation about applying for British citzenship

Post by daygi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:10 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:39 am
daygi wrote:
There are no joint applications for citizenship. You and your wife will need to make to separate Form AN applications and you can submit a Form MN1 application for your son.
daygi wrote:
There is no requirement for employment for naturalisation. You can apply even if you are unemployed.
daygi wrote:
- What are the cost ?
£1282 x 2 for your wife and you; £973 for your son. Totally £3537.
daygi wrote:
No family application option. Each application is individual and will be decided independently.

To the mods: one for the British citizenship forum?
You are a legend mate. Thank you very very much mate :)

Final question mate, I been given a fine for a position of cannabis in 2010 and a coution for cannabis in 2011 and since then i changed my life upside down and got married and had my lovely son then went to University and did bachelor and master's degrees in IT engineering. I never smoked again do you think those offences will affect my application especially where there are 7 years old and never been in trouble after that. and how long do I have to wait for replay or approvall ?

Once again thanks for the replay and I hope you can advice me again.

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:43 pm

It takes 6 months for HO to consider citizenship application. It could be less, could be more depends on the complexity of the application.
If caution is older than 3 years , as in your case, then it shouldn't be a problem

daygi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by daygi » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:20 am

EEA National wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:43 pm
It takes 6 months for HO to consider citizenship application. It could be less, could be more depends on the complexity of the application.
If caution is older than 3 years , as in your case, then it shouldn't be a problem
Thank you mate.

I am having a problem getting in touch with them as i sent my PR back for correction but never heard back from them and i need to travel urgently. I have emailed BRCDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk 65n times and still no replay.