ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pvsc27
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Pvsc27 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:36 pm
Pvsc27 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:23 pm
Hi
Am applying for my wife naturalization and wondering what all we need to go to NCS as i understand now process is combined to have both AN and Passport application.
my queries:
1. how many photos we need to take?
2. do we need to take passport application from post office?
3. How many counter sign we do need?

Thanks
Sunil
If you have made an appointment at NCS, did you not get their email telling you what to take?
No, they have said they will but only got invoice and nothing other than that :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:29 pm

Pvsc27 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:06 pm
CR001 wrote:
Pvsc27 wrote:
Hi
Am applying for my wife naturalization and wondering what all we need to go to NCS as i understand now process is combined to have both AN and Passport application.
my queries:

Thanks
Sunil
If you have made an appointment at NCS, did you not get their email telling you what to take?
No, they have said they will but only got invoice and nothing other than that :(
Have you checked on their website and possibly in your junkmail/spam email folder?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pvsc27
Newly Registered

Post by Pvsc27 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:29 pm
Pvsc27 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:06 pm
CR001 wrote:
Pvsc27 wrote:
Hi
my queries:

Thanks
Sunil
Have you checked on their website and possibly in your junkmail/spam email folder?
Website doesn't give any list and not in any other folder. Can someone tell me if they have done it recently pls

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Pvsc27 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:28 pm
Website doesn't give any list and not in any other folder. Can someone tell me if they have done it recently pls
You could of course simply search the forum OR phone NCS and ask :idea:

british-citizenship/ncs-tomorrow-jcap-q ... 27525.html

british-citizenship/jcap-application-forms-t219917.html

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ng-service
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

djboys007f
Newly Registered
India

Post by djboys007f » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:06 am

Did you got letter?
tintin13 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:14 am
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:06 am
Letter arrived this morning I have been approved . Cant explain the feeling. Wrong advice from 2 people had me doubting my decision . Shall call to book ceremony as soon as I am home.
I am pleased for you. A decision was made on 4th September and updated between 9th and 10th September for me. I called the council yesterday and they still haven't received anything yet. I am hoping my approval letter will be waiting for me too once I get back home today.

eryilmazhilmi
Mood:
Turkey

Post by eryilmazhilmi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:05 am

djboys007f wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:06 am
Did you got letter?
tintin13 wrote:
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Letter arrived this morning I have been approved . Cant explain the feeling. Wrong advice from 2 people had me doubting my decision . Shall call to book ceremony as soon as I am home.

I am pleased for you. A decision was made on 4th September and updated between 9th and 10th September for me. I called the council yesterday and they still haven't received anything yet. I am hoping my approval letter will be waiting for me too once I get back home today.
HI
Letter was received yesterday. I booked a group ceremony but soonest was 25th Oct. After some thought last night I rang back and booked a private ceremony for Tuesday next week for the cost of £195 .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:18 am

eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:05 am
djboys007f wrote:
Did you got letter?
tintin13 wrote:
eryilmazhilmi wrote:

HI
Letter was received yesterday. I booked a group ceremony but soonest was 25th Oct. After some thought last night I rang back and booked a private ceremony for Tuesday next week for the cost of £195 .
That's a shame. The group ceremonies are such a great experience, it won't be the same in your private ceremony, which I understand only takes 10 minutes roughly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

eryilmazhilmi
Mood:
Turkey

Post by eryilmazhilmi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:49 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:18 am
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
djboys007f wrote:
Did you got letter?
tintin13 wrote:

HI
That's a shame. The group ceremonies are such a great experience, it won't be the same in your private ceremony, which I understand only takes 10 minutes roughly.
Never even thought about the whole experience by being in the group opposed to a private. To late now lol . Yes, she did state alot shorter don't suppose I will get complimentary Tea and biscuits afterwards either 🙄

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:52 am

eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:49 am
CR001 wrote:
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
djboys007f wrote:
Did you got letter?

HI
Never even thought about the whole experience by being in the group opposed to a private. To late now lol . Yes, she did state alot shorter don't suppose I will get complimentary Tea and biscuits afterwards either 🙄
I found the group ceremony very moving, with each person going up to be presented the certificate and having their photo taken, the group oath and all singing the national anthem, a real 'pomp and ceremony' event. Am sure you will hopefully get tea and biscuits :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:52 am
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
CR001 wrote:
eryilmazhilmi wrote:

HI
I found the group ceremony very moving, with each person going up to be presented the certificate and having their photo taken, the group oath and all singing the national anthem, a real 'pomp and ceremony' event. Am sure you will hopefully get tea and biscuits :wink:
Different strokes for different folks. I really liked the informality (and the speed) of my private ceremony. Mind you, I'm not much for pomp and circumstance. I skipped my high school graduation, and my wedding was me, my husband, the registrar, and two witnesses off the street (one of whom was in a onesie).

Did anyone else get a token or a gift from the council for naturalisation? I got a commemorative coin with the seal for the City of Edinburgh on one side and "To commemorate your UK citizenship" on the other. It's very nice, but I wasn't expecting it at all.

djboys007f
Newly Registered
India

Post by djboys007f » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Tin TIn did you got any letter? i got status changed to decided on 4 sept, no letter so far...called council ..they did not receive anything...
tintin13 wrote:
eryilmazhilmi wrote:

djboys007f
Newly Registered
India

Post by djboys007f » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:52 pm

My status of application was decided on 4th sept..waiting for letter..council have also not received any updates. I guess you received letter very late..did council system got updated before you receive decision.

eryilmazhilmi wrote:
CR001 wrote:
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
djboys007f wrote:
Did you got letter?

HI

eryilmazhilmi
Mood:
Turkey

Post by eryilmazhilmi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:03 pm

djboys007f wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:50 pm
Tin TIn did you got any letter? i got status changed to decided on 4 sept, no letter so far...called council ..they did not receive anything...
tintin13 wrote:
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Just so you are aware , after I emailed about the delay on day 13 they replied the afternoon of the day I received my letter and they said the letter was posted 11th Sept. The letter was dated as the 4th Sept. So a week until posted. Then 3 days to arrive. Just a brown envelope with the 1 sheet of paper with approval details on . Hopefully you shall receive tomorrows post

djboys007f
Newly Registered
India

Post by djboys007f » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:11 am

email address of Home office?

eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:03 pm
djboys007f wrote:
tintin13 wrote:
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Just so you are aware , after I emailed about the delay on day 13 they replied the afternoon of the day I received my letter and they said the letter was posted 11th Sept. The letter was dated as the 4th Sept. So a week until posted. Then 3 days to arrive. Just a brown envelope with the 1 sheet of paper with approval details on . Hopefully you shall receive tomorrows post

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:59 am

eryilmazhilmi wrote:
djboys007f wrote:
tintin13 wrote:
eryilmazhilmi wrote:

I've been waiting for the letter as it should with me "shortly". no letter yet :) I just wonder why it takes so long to send an invitation...

tintin13
Newly Registered

Post by tintin13 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:49 pm

djboys007f wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:11 am

eryilmazhilmi wrote:
djboys007f wrote:
tintin13 wrote:

Update: I booked my citizenship ceremony yesterday at about 17:30 before my approval letter was delivered. The postman eventually delivered it today 16.09.17 at about 1pm. To say i'm elated is an understatement. I am extremely happy my 11 year relationship (i.e. student visa, post-study, work-permit, spousal visa and ILR) with the homeoffice has finally come to an end. I wish everyone else waiting for a response all the very best.

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:00 pm

tintin13 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:49 pm
djboys007f wrote:

eryilmazhilmi wrote:
djboys007f wrote:

Update: I booked my citizenship ceremony yesterday at about 17:30 before my approval letter was delivered. The postman eventually delivered it today 16.09.17 at about 1pm. To say i'm elated is an understatement. I am extremely happy my 11 year relationship (i.e. student visa, post-study, work-permit, spousal visa and ILR) with the homeoffice has finally come to an end. I wish everyone else waiting for a response all the very best.

How did you book it without having the HO ID or whatever they give to use for booking?

tintin13
Newly Registered

Post by tintin13 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:14 pm

mahasam wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:00 pm
tintin13 wrote:
djboys007f wrote:

eryilmazhilmi wrote:

How did you book it without having the HO ID or whatever they give to use for booking?
I gave them my full name, address and Case reference number (the same one for tracking). I included the 0.

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:23 pm

tintin13 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:14 pm
mahasam wrote:
tintin13 wrote:
djboys007f wrote:

I gave them my full name, address and Case reference number (the same one for tracking). I included the 0.
Hi,

I was told that without a letter I can't book the ceremony :)

eryilmazhilmi
Mood:
Turkey

Post by eryilmazhilmi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Some Authorities will let you book just with Case Id and your details. But you need the letter to take to your citizenship.

sajgil5

Post by sajgil5 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:24 pm

Hello all

i see lot of you have applied via NCS jcaps service... i wanted to know do you get to keep your passport and BRP and you are free to travel even while your application is in process ?

sorry if this has been asked but there are so many treads hard to find answers sometimes

Thx

Seph27
Newly Registered

Post by Seph27 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:41 am

Yes, you will keep ALL your original documents except the Life in the UK Test Letter. That seems to be the only advantage it has over other methods. Good luck!

djboys007f
Newly Registered
India

Post by djboys007f » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:17 am

I did not get letter over weekend nor did council receive any notification
tintin13 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:14 pm
mahasam wrote:
tintin13 wrote:
djboys007f wrote:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:05 am

sajgil5 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:24 pm
Hello all

i see lot of you have applied via NCS jcaps service... i wanted to know do you get to keep your passport and BRP and you are free to travel even while your application is in process ?

sorry if this has been asked but there are so many treads hard to find answers sometimes

Thx
Already answered in your existing topic here (click), no need to post multiple times.

NCS photocopy your documents and return originals to you and free to travel if you wish to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

msm86
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by msm86 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi guys,

I applied for my BC on May 2017. I sent it via NCS but now I am a bit concerning about one thing.

I sent letters from my employers that covers 4,5 years in the UK and then for the remaining period I sent payslips to prove I was working (sent 2 per year). Do you think it is fine?

I know I am still under the 6 months period but I could see some people who applied after me in May got already the letter. My status is: Awaiting a Decision since 02 Jun 2017.

thank you In advance