ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need dependant visa for wife - Presently in UK on HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmphsmp

Need dependant visa for wife - Presently in UK on HSMP

Post by hsmphsmp » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:17 pm

I am presently in UK on HSMP visa working in a company. I need to get visa for my wife. Few questions on that.

1. Is a bank balance of 2500 pounds is enough? This is in Indian bank.

2. Is it manadatory for me to produce 3 months pay slips and 3 months bank statements of the UK company I am working for and UK bank where the salary is deposited? If so I need to wait for 2 more months before I apply.

3. The new rule tioer 1 is to maintain 800pounds for a period of 3 months prior to application. Does this apply for getting dependant visa for my wife? I am not in tier 1 yet.

4. Can I show sponsor letter, bank statements for my wife? My wife with her father in joint account has 3 lakhs of fixed deposit. Can I show this is liquid funds for getting visa for my wife?

Your answers are much appreciated. I am eagery awaiting.

Thanks.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Need dependant visa for wife - Presently in UK on HSMP

Post by gotcha » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:46 pm

hsmphsmp wrote:I am presently in UK on HSMP visa working in a company. I need to get visa for my wife. Few questions on that.

2. Is it manadatory for me to produce 3 months pay slips and 3 months bank statements of the UK company I am working for and UK bank where the salary is deposited? If so I need to wait for 2 more months before I apply.

3. The new rule tioer 1 is to maintain 800pounds for a period of 3 months prior to application. Does this apply for getting dependant visa for my wife? I am not in tier 1 yet.

4. Can I show sponsor letter, bank statements for my wife? My wife with her father in joint account has 3 lakhs of fixed deposit. Can I show this is liquid funds for getting visa for my wife?

Thanks.
You need to provide salary slips(does not matter if its for a month)/ original offer letter, proof that you have arranged enough acoo. for both of you.
I don't think, you need to apply Tier1 maint. criteria here. But, show sufficient funds Max. you can.

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:37 pm

Thanks gotcha,

Will it be the same case even after 1april2008 when new tier system goes live in India as well. I am not in tier1-high skilled immigrant, I would still be in old HSMP visa only. In such circumstances 3 months mandatory pay slips and bank statements with miminum balance of 800 pounds maintained, will be required for dependant visa for my wife?

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:31 pm

Hi,
I need some advice on getting dependant visa to my future wife. I am in UK in hsmp

When I read british high commission site it says that we cannot put Mehndi (red colour decoration) in hands before taking biometric scans for Visa.

But its a normal procedure in India to have mehndi during marriage. and It may take amost 2 weeks for it to fade off

I am going to India only for 2 weeks for marriage. And anyway I can apply for Visa to my wife only after marriage date. I need to get dependant Visa for my wife after that so that we both can return to UK at same time

My questions are

1. Will putting mehndi in hand will obstruct the girl from applying for dependant Visa? (for biometric scans)

2. Normally how many days will it take for Spouce visa processing in India? I know that it will vary for each person depending on circumstance, But I just need the average time usually use to take if there is no special issues. is it above or below 2 weeks?

Many thanks

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:04 pm

hari15 wrote:Hi,
I need some advice on getting dependant visa to my future wife. I am in UK in hsmp

When I read british high commission site it says that we cannot put Mehndi (red colour decoration) in hands before taking biometric scans for Visa.

But its a normal procedure in India to have mehndi during marriage. and It may take amost 2 weeks for it to fade off

I am going to India only for 2 weeks for marriage. And anyway I can apply for Visa to my wife only after marriage date. I need to get dependant Visa for my wife after that so that we both can return to UK at same time

My questions are

1. Will putting mehndi in hand will obstruct the girl from applying for dependant Visa? (for biometric scans)

2. Normally how many days will it take for Spouce visa processing in India? I know that it will vary for each person depending on circumstance, But I just need the average time usually use to take if there is no special issues. is it above or below 2 weeks?

Many thanks
can anybody from India, who had taken Dependant Visa for thier wife , please answer this

I am in urgent requirement of this info

Thanks

ash123

Post by ash123 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:56 am

hari15 wrote:Hi,

My questions are

Yes. it will. when i went to the visa centre at bangalore, they asked an applicant to come back next week as the mehndi hadn't faded off. You'll need to postpone the visa application. Biometrics is mandatory from dec 07.
hari15 wrote: 2. Normally how many days will it take for Spouce visa processing in India? I know that it will vary for each person depending on circumstance, But I just need the average time usually use to take if there is no special issues. is it above or below 2 weeks?
I think dependent visa takes approx a week's time. as there is no integra or other checks done before the british embassy processes the visa.
hari15 wrote: Many thanks
Applying for Tier 1 Dependant visa for baby

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:44 am

Many thanks for your reply ash123

Can we apply mehndi in mid of hand and back of the finger (near the nail) avoiding the area from where the biometric scans are taken?

or even that is not allowed?

Thanks

ash123

Post by ash123 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:24 am

hari15 wrote:Many thanks for your reply ash123

Can we apply mehndi in mid of hand and back of the finger (near the nail) avoiding the area from where the biometric scans are taken?

or even that is not allowed?

Thanks
Well hari15, it's a wedding mehendi.. and no girl would like it half done!
on the dorsal side of the hand, it would be ok, but not on the palm..
they don't allow you to have bandages or cuts also..

i would suggest you delaying the visa and getting the visa once all your ceremonies are done.. i think even for tourist visa you'll need biometric..

irfankais
Newly Registered

Post by irfankais » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:37 pm

You can do another thing. apply for visa a day before mehndi if you have the marriage certificate with you and dont forget to take some wedding fotographs with you if they call for an interview coz some times they ask abt it.

ash123

Post by ash123 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:06 am

it's better to apply along with marriage snaps for dependant visa..
if you can get the marriage certificate earlier then you can do as irfankais says...

hsmp89
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp89 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi HSMP-HSMP,

I have few questions on HSMP-Dependent Visa.

Am basically from Karnataka. Got my HSMP stamp valid from 7th Nov 2007.
And I landed into UK on 17th jan 2008 alone.
On 3rd March 2008, I got a permanent job role with a reputed company in UK.

So this March is going to be my first salry month.

Now I am planning to bring my Wife and 1 year old daughter to UK on HSMP-Dependent Visa.

Please suggest me the Mandatory and Optional document required.
Few questions below:

1> I can get a letter from my current employer in UK saying, that i am working as a permanent employee with the organisation [Here in UK, my salary is 50000 GBP per anum]. will this letter help me out in processing dependent visa easier?

2> Is UK salary slip is mandatory. If yes minimum how many months salary slips are required.

3> As this is the first month of my job, do i need to show minimum bank balance in UK account? Could you please suggest the minimum amount(liquid fund) i should show in safer site. By the way, I have 2 sites of worth INR 17 Lakhs on my name. I can produce the sale deep copy with the dependent application.

4> Regarding accomodation I took a tenancy agreement for 6 months from landlord in UK. It is of shared house, where i have separate one room where myself,my wife and my child[1 year old] can stay since the room is big enough. Utility bill is included in rent so i wont get any utility bills in my name.
Is this accomodation agreement is Ok for Dependent visa?

As I am away from my spouse and kid. and I wish to bring them to UK asap.

Please help me by answering above 3 question.

Also please let me know the enquery telephone number of VFS-chennai. Tips are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,
HSMP-Holder
UK.
hsmphsmp wrote:I am presently in UK on HSMP visa working in a company. I need to get visa for my wife. Few questions on that.

Thanks.

irfankais
Newly Registered

Post by irfankais » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:22 pm

hsmp89 wrote:Hi HSMP-HSMP,

I have few questions on HSMP-Dependent Visa.

Am basically from Karnataka. Got my HSMP stamp valid from 7th Nov 2007.
And I landed into UK on 17th jan 2008 alone.
On 3rd March 2008, I got a permanent job role with a reputed company in UK.

So this March is going to be my first salry month.

Now I am planning to bring my Wife and 1 year old daughter to UK on HSMP-Dependent Visa.

Please suggest me the Mandatory and Optional document required.
Few questions below:

1> I can get a letter from my current employer in UK saying, that i am working as a permanent employee with the organisation [Here in UK, my salary is 50000 GBP per anum]. will this letter help me out in processing dependent visa easier?

2> Is UK salary slip is mandatory. If yes minimum how many months salary slips are required.

3> As this is the first month of my job, do i need to show minimum bank balance in UK account? Could you please suggest the minimum amount(liquid fund) i should show in safer site. By the way, I have 2 sites of worth INR 17 Lakhs on my name. I can produce the sale deep copy with the dependent application.

4> Regarding accomodation I took a tenancy agreement for 6 months from landlord in UK. It is of shared house, where i have separate one room where myself,my wife and my child[1 year old] can stay since the room is big enough. Utility bill is included in rent so i wont get any utility bills in my name.

Please help me by answering above 3 question.

Also please let me know the enquery telephone number of VFS-chennai. Tips are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,
HSMP-Holder
UK.

Thanks.

you have every thing with you. attach all these and its better if u show one wage slip and salary credit in ur bank account.

best of luck

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:23 pm

if u show u r sharing accomd. ur chances r 1 in 1000000 to get visa that with a kid

if u got salary og gbp 50 k wait at least 3 monts otherwise it is almost u will get refusal

this happened with many

be patient , this is administratve baariers

yr inr 17 lc will not help in this case

in london u need liquid not property

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:31 pm

hsmp89 wrote:Now I am planning to bring my Wife and 1 year old daughter to UK on HSMP-Dependent Visa.

i think u will have problems getting visa when u show shared accomodation, that too only 1 room. get proper accomodation for family and then only apply for dependent visa. but since u have already got tenancy agreement for 6m u might end up losing money now on the shared accomodation unless ur landlord is helpful in this matter.

also show adequate maintenence funds (liquid) and not land etc.

there are quite a few threads regarding maintenence funds. see all of them. for a start see these threads http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24430
If the Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker main applicant is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that either;

the main applicant or (in the case of children) their other parent is legally present in the United Kingdom; and
the main applicant has at least £1,600 to support the family member as well as the funds they need to support themselves.
If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or over, the family member of the Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker migrant must have £533 to support themselves
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... ntoffunds/
its in plain english. so no chance of confusion about what is needed

and as to how to provide evidence is pretty clear as well to cover most situations except foreign accounts etc http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

another thread about dependents maintenece funds is http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24460

hope this helps

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:27 pm

hari15 wrote: My questions are

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/biometrics.aspx
Please note that in case your fingers are coloured with henna, bandaged you will not be able to give your biometric enrolment. In such cases you will need to come and submit your application after the colouring, bandage has been removed.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:34 pm

Yes, ofcourse.
I've waited for a months salary slip, before applying for wife's visa.

It would be better showing as much as possible in your account.
You can provide dimensions of room/(can provided photo as well) to prove that, it is sufficient accomodation for all of you.

hsmp89
Newly Registered

need UK employer letter,Sponsorship letter format

Post by hsmp89 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:39 am

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable comments wrt dependency visa document.

Can you please help me in the format/content of :
1>Format of Sponsorship letter to invite my wife who is in India.
2> Format of letter from UK Employer where i am working currently.

By the way, As I mentioned I am living in shared accomodation in London in 1 large double bed room, shared Spam, shared bath room. I am planning to send the photo of this big room along with my spouse application (EC-HSMP dependent visa).
as its very large and sufficient for me , my wife and my 1 year kid.

comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
HSMP89

sunny9675 wrote:if u show u r sharing accomd. ur chances r 1 in 1000000 to get visa that with a kid

if u got salary og gbp 50 k wait at least 3 monts otherwise it is almost u will get refusal

this happened with many

be patient , this is administratve baariers

yr inr 17 lc will not help in this case

in london u need liquid not property