ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application and address change

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rk_niu1981

Citizenship application and address change

Post by rk_niu1981 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:33 am

Hi all
Need small help please.
I have applied for citizenship on May 10, 2017 via NCS.
Last month I moved to a new address, and I have searched on UKVI to find out how i can update the address to them. I found a online form on UKVI website, which I filled it out with my old and new addresses and submitted. I dont remember whether the form has asked for my application reference number. Around few weeks later, recently I got an email confirming the change of address as below:

UKVI Change of Address Team <UKVIChangeofAddressTeam@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>
Thank you for your recent contact informing us of a change of address or representatives details. I can confirm we have now processed the request and our records have been updated.
Kind Regards,
Change of Address Team
Customer Correspondence Hub

UKVI

I dont know why the confirmation I received after few weeks and not in days.

I also called citizenship helpline to get a confirmation on address change in their records, but they said if I have submitted online form for address change, that should be fine. They said they cannot confirm that via phone.

Somewhere on the forum, I just read that for address change, we have to write a letter to them, is it required or the above should be sufficient?

I also applied for Royal mail re-direction from my old address to new address for 6 months. In the worst case, if they send any communication to old address, then I would still receive it because of re-direction, correct?

Please could anyone let me know if I have to worry anything or am I just fine.

Thanks for your help.

Gurdy20
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship application and address change

Post by Gurdy20 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:58 am

Hi - you have done exactly what I intend to do - although I will also cross my fingers.

Judging from the broad time lines in this sites posts I am likely also be in the same boat as you in that I could be getting confirmation letters, citizenship ceremonies and passports all flying around at about the time I move a couple of suburbs away in a few weeks time. The passports are apparently couriered so there maybe a missmatch on addresses there however I think/hope that the mail redirection should take care of any confirmation or instructions for citizenship ceremony. I have also read in these pages that once confirmation is seen here -> https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus its possible to contact the council where the citizenship ceremony is to occur.

But I think the fact that you have had a confirmation from the HO you have done as much as you can do.

Good Luck

gregzzz
Newly Registered

Post by gregzzz » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:01 am

I submitted the address change form online in July (I submitted my application mid May), the form specifically said that if we do not hear back from them within three working days everything is ok and and asks us to not contact them further.
If you have called them on the phone and they said that changing the address via a form is fine then do not worry, it is fine, just wait.

I did also get that email about 3 or 4 weeks ago confirming address change - I am not sure why they have done it considering they specifically said that they will not send anything, but I just assumed that either:
1. A lot of people have started contacting them unnecessarily and so they now send confirmation emails.
2. The application started to get some attention and therefore someone has sent an email in due process.

In other words, relax, worst case scenario you have the redirect.

rk_niu1981

Post by rk_niu1981 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:22 am

Gregzzz & Gurdy20
Thanks friends for your replies, your posts made me bit relieved.
I submitted my application on May 10, online status still shows "Awaiting a decision".
If anything changes, then I will wait for 2 weeks and if nothing comes then I will contact council for any help.

Thanks again for your time. Cheers !

makeit
Newly Registered

Post by makeit » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:14 pm

I changed my address using the form online and to make sure it was updated, I emailed Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk like a month later asking if my address was changed. My email included my application details etc. I got a response from someone two days later confirming the address change. Also, the day my application changed to 'DECIDED' online, I got an email confirmation that my address has been changed ( this was two months after)

rk_niu1981

Post by rk_niu1981 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:52 am

Hello makeit

Thanks for your response. I sent an email yesterday to the address you provided in your post, so far no response, but i think I will get a reply in few days time as it happenned to you.

Thanks again..cheers

aaatech
- thin ice -

Post by aaatech » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:49 am

Citizenship application - My and my daughter applied. I have submitted online form to change the address but added my daughter's details as dependent. should I submit another form for my daughter as well?

thanks