ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Residence Card unmarried partner Help!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

becab
Newly Registered
New Zealand

EEA Residence Card unmarried partner Help!!!

Post by becab » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi,

I've just got a quick question for people who have been through the EEA Residence Card process as/for an unmarried partner. The Home Office have had my application for six weeks and today I received the Certificate of Application letter and biometric residence permit letter. The Certificate of Application letter states that they are unable to confirm your right to work in the UK, because 'apparently' I haven't provided original documentation for
- evidence of relationship with your EEA national sponsor;
- the applicant is the unmarried partner or an extended family member (for example, the brother or sister) of an EU citizen who is exercising European free movement rights in the UK.

I'm a bit confused because all of the documentation provided for evidence WAS original - original tenancy agreement for UK residence, and the 2 years worth of original bills etc that they ask for proof of cohabitation, durable relationship etc. Has anyone else had this message or similar and what was the end result of their application i.e. was it accepted? We didn't have any problems at all with the EEA FP and some of the same evidence was submitted for that.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: EEA Residence Card unmarried partner Help!!!

Post by dan1988uk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:44 pm

It's the normal policy of UKVI: for unmarried couples CoA is without right to work.

ddyy1125
Newly Registered

Post by ddyy1125 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:54 pm

becab wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:52 pm
Hi,

I've just got a quick question for people who have been through the EEA Residence Card process as/for an unmarried partner. The Home Office have had my application for six weeks and today I received the Certificate of Application letter and biometric residence permit letter. The Certificate of Application letter states that they are unable to confirm your right to work in the UK, because 'apparently' I haven't provided original documentation for
- evidence of relationship with your EEA national sponsor;
- the applicant is the unmarried partner or an extended family member (for example, the brother or sister) of an EU citizen who is exercising European free movement rights in the UK.

I'm a bit confused because all of the documentation provided for evidence WAS original - original tenancy agreement for UK residence, and the 2 years worth of original bills etc that they ask for proof of cohabitation, durable relationship etc. Has anyone else had this message or similar and what was the end result of their application i.e. was it accepted? We didn't have any problems at all with the EEA FP and some of the same evidence was submitted for that.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Hi normally unmarried partner won't get work permit with COA but if you have EEA FP before you applied for RC then you should get COA with work.

I applied as unmarried partner and I got COA with work. If you are sure that you provided all required documents then HO might make a mistake and you should send email to request for a new COA.

becab
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by becab » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Thank you both for your helpful comments! I'm not too concerned about the right to work as I was told by someone who has been through the process that this might be what would come back. I'm quite worried about the stuff around 'evidence of relationship with EEA sponsor' as, after going through some of the threads, this is where applications seem to get denied.
Has anyone else received this message in their CoA letter? i.e. is it a generic letter for someone applying as an unmarried partner? And what happened with your application in the end?

Thanks again in advance!!

becab
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by becab » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:17 pm

Sorry also - I was just wondering whether anyone has been denied the EEA Residence Card when they already have an EEA Family Permit? If you have an EEA Family Permit already is the EEA RC basically a box ticking exercise? (assuming you can prove your EEA sponsor is exercising treaty rights in the UK).

Thanks in advance =)

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:48 pm

becab wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:17 pm
Sorry also - I was just wondering whether anyone has been denied the EEA Residence Card when they already have an EEA Family Permit? If you have an EEA Family Permit already is the EEA RC basically a box ticking exercise? (assuming you can prove your EEA sponsor is exercising treaty rights in the UK).
A family permit lasts for 6 months; an RC for 5 years. Additionally, a family permit may be issued for the purpose of a visit; for an RC the sponsor must be a 'qualified person' or a permanent resident. For an FP, he may be just a visitor. You are expected to apply for an RC before your FP expires.

jayjaymes
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by jayjaymes » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:52 am

I am having the same issue now! What was your result??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:55 am

jayjaymes wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:52 am
I am having the same issue now! What was your result??
Kindly start your own topic with your questions and circumstances rather than tagging onto a topic from 2017. The original poster has not logged into the form since September 2017.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.