ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics Submitted Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kayteeq
Newly Registered
Canada

Biometrics Submitted Question

Post by kayteeq » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:59 pm

Hi, I'm new here and did search, but couldn't see the answer to my question (so apologies to those who find the answer/know where it is!)

When I copied & pasted the Q & A for processing times that tracks progress, I noticed that most have lines regarding biometrics taken/submitted/etc. I had my biometrics taken 4 years ago for ILR. Will I be re-doing my biometrics?

Thanks in advance!

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Re: Biometrics Submitted Question

Post by Tea_Rocket » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:48 pm

kayteeq wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:59 pm
I had my biometrics taken 4 years ago for ILR. Will I be re-doing my biometrics?
Yes you will.

kayteeq
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by kayteeq » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Thank you very much for your speedy reply! Seems odd that they want to re-biometric me but such is life!

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:52 pm

It's a standard part of all Home Office application, it seems. I assume there is some cross-checking between what you submit and what they have on file from your PR/ILR application in order to verify the identity of the person applying.