ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa Delay Pakistan

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reemiya
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Tier 4 Visa Delay Pakistan

Post by reemiya » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:45 am

AOA everyone . i have reading the posts on this particular forum for quite sometime now , and i also wanted to share my own story . my timeline is as follows:
standard application applied ; 7th July
biometrics/documents scanning/interview: 10th July
confirmation email: 16th July
enquiry made: 6th Sept
enquiry answered as your request for escalation has been send to the concerned department: 12th Sept

I asked my uni yesterday whether my Cas has been used as yet , and they say it is still assigned . My classes starts on the 18th Sept , and I am so depressed,confused and sad . I don't know what else to do ? Anyone else who has my timeline and is still waiting for their documents?

kingkhann
Newly Registered

Post by kingkhann » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:15 am

reemiya wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:45 am
AOA everyone . i have reading the posts on this particular forum for quite sometime now , and i also wanted to share my own story . my timeline is as follows:
enquiry answered as your request for escalation has been send to the concerned department: 12th Sept

I asked my uni yesterday whether my Cas has been used as yet , and they say it is still assigned . My classes starts on the 18th Sept , and I am so depressed,confused and sad . I don't know what else to do ? Anyone else who has my timeline and is still waiting for their documents?
I've done my bio-metric on 26 Jul from Isd and after few calls for escalation, I got email of No straightforward on 13 Sept and on same day I got another email for 2nd Interview scheduled for 15 Sept (friday) but they called me on 14th Sep for 2nd Interview. 2nd Interview was 38 min long and it was more or less same questions as asked in first interview but abit further more in detail. Latest I can start my course as per CAS is 25 Sept but my uni have emailed me that this date is extended to 13 Oct due to visa delay issue. I hope they must have informed UKVI as well.

reemiya
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by reemiya » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:15 am

kingkhann wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:15 am
reemiya wrote:

I've done my bio-metric on 26 Jul from Isd and after few calls for escalation, I got email of No straightforward on 13 Sept and on same day I got another email for 2nd Interview scheduled for 15 Sept (friday) but they called me on 14th Sep for 2nd Interview. 2nd Interview was 38 min long and it was more or less same questions as asked in first interview but abit further more in detail. Latest I can start my course as per CAS is 25 Sept but my uni have emailed me that this date is extended to 13 Oct due to visa delay issue. I hope they must have informed UKVI as well.
well , at least your application was processed . mine isn't even processed yet . InshaAllah you will get a positive response from the UKVI soon.

campolar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by campolar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:44 pm

reemiya wrote:

Universities have a "latest start date", it should be mentioned on your CAS. Usually its 2 weeks after classes start, but you can also call your uni and confirm until when you can join.

campolar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by campolar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:44 pm

Chischis12 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:19 pm
Anyone here received NON STRAIGHTFORWARD email? Pls let me know. I'm so frustrated atm I just got that yesterday. Done biometric and all on 31st July
Can you share the email? I received a delay email too but it doesn't mention the words "non straightforward" anywhere.

campolar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by campolar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:46 pm

khozam wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:46 pm
At last some news for me.

My case has been decided today. I called UKVI and they told me about this.

Can anyone tel me whether UKVI can tell the visa decision (granted/rejected) on phone?

Well I am hopeful to collect passport in coming week.
Need prayers from all :)
No one will tell you what the decision was. You can only know the decision when you pick up the passport.

reemiya
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by reemiya » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:15 pm

campolar wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:44 pm
reemiya wrote:

Universities have a "latest start date", it should be mentioned on your CAS. Usually its 2 weeks after classes start, but you can also call your uni and confirm until when you can join.
My latest start date is 25th Sept, and I don't know whether I would get my passport in the coming week or not.

campolar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by campolar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:20 pm

reemiya wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:15 pm
campolar wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:44 pm
reemiya wrote:

My latest start date is 25th Sept, and I don't know whether I would get my passport in the coming week or not.
I wish you good luck! Keep us updated!

khozam

Post by khozam » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:43 pm

faizandaud wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:10 am
GUYS I called them last night and they informed me that a decision has been made on my application. Does anyone know how many days would it take for the passport to reach Lahore?
You will get a call to collect on 19th or 20th Sept.

khozam

Post by khozam » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:46 pm

campolar wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:46 pm
khozam wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:46 pm
At last some news for me.

My case has been decided today. I called UKVI and they told me about this.

Can anyone tel me whether UKVI can tell the visa decision (granted/rejected) on phone?

Well I am hopeful to collect passport in coming week.
Need prayers from all :)
No one will tell you what the decision was. You can only know the decision when you pick up the passport.
Some students were told by their universities about the exact visa decision. Their universities contacted UKVI to inquire visa status and they were told either visa is granted or refused.

UKVI does not share the final decision but universities can ask this from UKVI.

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Got that non straight forward email...Should i expect 2nd interview now?

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Razbi wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:37 pm
You got it just today? Have you ever got rejected visa before? Kindly share ur timeline here. I got that email too

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Chischis12 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:48 pm
Razbi wrote:
You got it just today? Have you ever got rejected visa before? Kindly share ur timeline here. I got that email too
Got email today..i think they are working at weeknds too
Yes i have two past refusals...one uk one usa...

campolar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by campolar » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Razbi wrote:
Can you share a sample of that email? I have seen several people mention it. I too got an email saying there might be delays, but it doesn't say "non straightforward" anywhere in the email.

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:43 pm

Razbi wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:44 pm
Chischis12 wrote:
Razbi wrote:
Did you get message to do a 2nd interview ?

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:34 am

campolar wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:23 pm
Razbi wrote:
Can you share a sample of that email? I have seen several people mention it. I too got an email saying there might be delays, but it doesn't say "non straightforward" anywhere in the email.
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:35 am

Chischis12 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:43 pm
Razbi wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:44 pm
Chischis12 wrote:
Razbi wrote:
Did you get message to do a 2nd interview ?
Not yet

omair9000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by omair9000 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:24 pm

I went for my biometrics and interview on 25 july and got the email that my application has reached the decision making center on 31 July. No communication after that from UKVI until today when I was really freaking out, I called them to inquire. They said my decision was still pending and I have to wait. Can someone please guide me on what to do? My course has started today.

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:38 pm

omair9000 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:24 pm
I went for my biometrics and interview on 25 july and got the email that my application has reached the decision making center on 31 July. No communication after that from UKVI until today when I was really freaking out, I called them to inquire. They said my decision was still pending and I have to wait. Can someone please guide me on what to do? My course has started today.
I gave biometrcs on 24th july and now they are processing my application as they called me for 2nd interview today..

campolar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by campolar » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 pm

omair9000 wrote:
A lot of July applicants have faced delays. I think someone mentioned there was some system error with the scanning process which is why the applications got delayed.

Hope you get yours soon. What is your latest start date at the university?

rj900
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by rj900 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:56 pm

Hello everyone,
Is there anyone here who had appointment by the end of August (28th-31st)??
My date of appointment is 30th August. I got delay email on 14th September. CAS was used on 10th September. Reading the posts in this forum is really freaking me out. My classes are starting on 25th September and I don't know how long will this whole delay thing take!!! :?

farhanalimir
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by farhanalimir » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:29 am

Hey everyone.. got the visa yesterday.

My timeline
Bio metrics 19th July (Karachi)
ECO Email 27th July
Visa dispatched email 15th Sep
Visa received 18th September

Good luck everyone!

omair9000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by omair9000 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:34 am

campolar wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 pm
omair9000 wrote:
A lot of July applicants have faced delays. I think someone mentioned there was some system error with the scanning process which is why the applications got delayed.

My latest start date is 2 October but I don't want to miss lectures as I am going for mechanical engineering at the university of Exeter and it's not easy :(

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:20 am

omair9000 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:34 am
campolar wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 pm
omair9000 wrote:

My latest start date is 2 October but I don't want to miss lectures as I am going for mechanical engineering at the university of Exeter and it's not easy :(
I did biometric on 31st july havnt had visa w me too. Latest enrollment 2 october.. cas hasn't ben used. What bout u?

frodo25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by frodo25 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:57 am

anyone from pakistan who applied for visa in september? please share your timelines and progress:

my timeline so far:

15th sept: submitted application and biometrics
15th sept: application despatch confirmation message
18th sept: email from ukvi that my application is being prepared for consideration

my uni starts on 25th sept and my university has informed me that i can join at most by the 13th of october.