ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Living abroad with spouse until visa approved

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brother88
United Kingdom

Living abroad with spouse until visa approved

Post by brother88 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:35 am

Hi Everyone,

Like many of you, I am still waiting for my spouses' visa to be approved but now it's completely unbearable to be away from my wife for half a year after marriage...and still no word from the hard working Home Office after more than 3 months.

I have come to the decision that I will go to my wife in Pakistan and stay there until her visa is approved. My concern is that I might get an interview call to my UK mobile while abroad so I have changed my sim plan to accept international calls and pay for the charges.

Please let me know what you guys/girls think of this plan or know anyone who has done the same.

Thanks Friends.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Living abroad with spouse until visa approved

Post by New on forum » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:58 am

brother88 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:35 am
Hi Everyone,

Like many of you, I am still waiting for my spouses' visa to be approved but now it's completely unbearable to be away from my wife for half a year after marriage...and still no word from the hard working Home Office after more than 3 months.

I have come to the decision that I will go to my wife in Pakistan and stay there until her visa is approved. My concern is that I might get an interview call to my UK mobile while abroad so I have changed my sim plan to accept international calls and pay for the charges.

Please let me know what you guys/girls think of this plan or know anyone who has done the same.

Thanks Friends.
No problem with visiting or holiday etc .
But you must be ordinarily resident in the uk in order to sponsor her.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:02 am

New on forum wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:58 am
brother88 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks Friends.
And employed!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:04 am

brother88 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks Friends.
Just a couple of questions for you to bear in mind in my opinion.

Unless you have considerable savings, wouldn't the HO be actively checking the evidence they have received in regards to current employment. i'am pretty sure that once you sign the application form there is a part where you do give them the right to access your info from specific departments and companies for them to check.

God forbid a refusal should happen but the question does remain, if it does go to an appeal they might need updated information that you may not have because you are in Pakistan while waiting for an approval, such as earnings (if this applies to you) or current relevant information that may decide the the outcome of the appeal or just more information in general.

again this is all just assumption as it entirely depends on your circumstances and what you provided to the HO with the application. Not trying to put you off, but certainly when i applied for my wife's spouse visa back in 2009, although it was different and more relaxed in requirements i too thought of staying with my wife until approval, i didn't mainly because i thought given evidences of circumstances provided with the application at the time would and should have been maintained through out until approval. I'am glad i did as they did do a lot of checking.

hope it helps somewhat.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

brother88
United Kingdom

Post by brother88 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:33 pm

I currently am working in the UK full-time and meet the financial requirements.

I applied for my wifes visa at the start of June.

The plan was to ask work for extended unpaid leave. The thing that I am worried is Home Office asking if I currently work for the company and technically I will still be an employee of the company but who knows the level of detail Home Office ask when making these calls.

Btw way I work for a large company and am not self-employed.
CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:02 am
New on forum wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:58 am
brother88 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks Friends.
And employed!!