ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

want to bring my sister over on a visit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gregorevna
Newly Registered

want to bring my sister over on a visit

Post by gregorevna » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:33 pm

:? My sis NON EU NATIONAL went through a horrible time in her life recently. my self and my husband Irish national want to bring her over on a visit to get her away from things. i don't know how to go about it or even if i can. CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE :cry:

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:00 pm

You may want to be slightly more specific
  • what nationality is your sister?
  • what is your own current status here?
In general, if your sister needs a Visa to come to Ireland, she will have to apply at the Irish Embassy in the country where she is currently residing.

To do that, she will have to hand in the following papers (this is copied from some website, cannot remember from where anymore):
  • Invitation letter from you
  • The letter must indicate your address and telephone number. If the reference is not not an Irish Citizen, evidence of their permission to remain in Ireland should be submitted - a clear copy of their passport showing Immigration stamps and a clear copy of their GNIB card.
  • A written undertaking from both yourself and the reference that you will observe the conditions of your visa, that you will not become a burden on the State and that you will leave the State on the expiration of your permission to remain.
  • Evidence that your reference sufficient funds to maintain yourself during your stay in Ireland must be submitted. This should take the form of a detailed six month bank statement.
  • All documents submitted must be clear, legible and in English or Accompanied by a notarised translation.
from personal experience, I know it's a good idea to supply
  • Health-insurance for the planned time of the visit
  • Provide a (not yet booked) itinerary of a return(!) flight.
Please do not let this be your only source of information - I'm just in the middle of this process inviting a friend over. But the visit is not yet approved, so I have no *real* idea. The above just describes what we did.

Good luck and hopefully you and your sister can enjoy time together in Ireland soon...

gregorevna
Newly Registered

Post by gregorevna » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:04 pm

ca.funke wrote:You may want to be slightly more specific
  • what nationality is your sister?
  • what is your own current status here?
In general, if your sister needs a Visa to come to Ireland, she will have to apply at the Irish Embassy in the country where she is currently residing.

To do that, she will have to hand in the following papers (this is copied from some website, cannot remember from where anymore):
  • Invitation letter from you
  • The letter must indicate your address and telephone number. If the reference is not not an Irish Citizen, evidence of their permission to remain in Ireland should be submitted - a clear copy of their passport showing Immigration stamps and a clear copy of their GNIB card.
  • A written undertaking from both yourself and the reference that you will observe the conditions of your visa, that you will not become a burden on the State and that you will leave the State on the expiration of your permission to remain.
  • Evidence that your reference sufficient funds to maintain yourself during your stay in Ireland must be submitted. This should take the form of a detailed six month bank statement.
  • All documents submitted must be clear, legible and in English or Accompanied by a notarised translation.
from personal experience, I know it's a good idea to supply
  • Health-insurance for the planned time of the visit
  • Provide a (not yet booked) itinerary of a return(!) flight.
Please do not let this be your only source of information - I'm just in the middle of this process inviting a friend over. But the visit is not yet approved, so I have no *real* idea. The above just describes what we did.

Good luck and hopefully you and your sister can enjoy time together in Ireland soon...
:) me and mi sis are from moldova. im maried in ireland with an irish man for the last 2 years . thank you so much for the info. hope it all gose well for to bring your friend over . and hope u enjoy the time together. THANKS AGAIN :D