ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KH1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

sp50 speeding offence

Post by KH1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi
i need little help from you guys.
i applied for British citizenship last month.i enrolled my biometric as well.i have sp50(FPN)speeding offence july 2013.i did not went to court as it was fixed penalty.i send my licence to police and pay £60 fine and get 3 points on my licence.before i send my application i check on DVLA website my three points was removed and i was thinking i should mention them as i dont have any record for them and i did not declare them in my application. but now someone told me i have to mention that offence otherwise home office will refuse my application. i want to know what shall i have to do
shall i write them a letter?
shall i withdraw my application?
or shall i leave it as i do not have any other offence.
when i applied my PR last year i did not mention them and it was approved.
any suggetion will be helpful.

ai20s
Newly Registered

Re: sp50 speeding offence

Post by ai20s » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:13 pm

Yes, you mention the offence. The risk of NOT mentioning it is far higher than mentioning it.

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:35 pm

FPNs don't normally affect the outcome of application but will be considered if numerous in last 12 months.
You don't need to declare them if less than two during last 12 months prior application, however HO advice differently. See this post from other member british-citizenship/fpn-for-speeding-ci ... 87773.html

KH1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by KH1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:51 pm

So its means i do not need to worry?

KH1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by KH1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:55 pm

Any moderate help please?

KH1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by KH1 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Any advice ?

andrekauffman
Mood:
Brazil

Post by andrekauffman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi.
Although it was just a FPN, you should have mention it.
Write them a letter explaining why you did not mention it.

" 3.1 - 3.2 You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the
United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences. Fixed penalty notices (such as
speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not normally be taken
into account unless:
• you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or
• you have received numerous fixed penalty notices. "

Even if the points dont appear in your license, they will check and know you had them.
The risk of NOT mentioning it is far higher than mentioning it.

KH1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by KH1 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:52 pm

So you think if I write them a letter it will be fine or shall I withdraw my application.

andrekauffman
Mood:
Brazil

Post by andrekauffman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:51 pm

To be honesty, I dont know what to do in this situation. I am applying for my one will will declare all of them.
Why dont you try calling and ask direct with them before you withdraw ? It might worth it.

KH1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by KH1 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:21 pm

I call them and they told me write a letter and expaine it.send copy of counterpart and it will be fine.

KH1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Need Help

Post by KH1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi Guys i need little bit help about my application i applied fro British citizenship on 08/08/17.i did my biomatric on 17/08/17. i have FPN for speeding which was issued on july 2013.i was thinking i should not mention in my application because its was removed from my licence.But later on someone tell me i have to mention it.i call Home Office call center and they told me i have to mention it and i can write a letter to Home office and explaine it and it will be fine.i write letter to Home Office in september 2017.later i speak with my solicitor and he told me to withdraw my application because if case worker did not get my letter they will refuse my application.so 0n 17 october i send my online request to withdraw my application. on 22 october i receive letter from Home office which says thank you for sending additional documents to support your application and we are enclosing these original documents as requested.if we need them again we will write you and they send me back my old counter part which i send them when i write them letter about FPN. After that i did not hear anything from Home Office.i am confused now is my application still under process or it has been with drawn.online stauts still shows awaiting decesion.