ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent no longer leading to ILR? Please clarify

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhruv26186

PBS Dependent no longer leading to ILR? Please clarify

Post by dhruv26186 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi Team,

I have been reading few threads and getting confused upon PBS dependent route leading to ILR.

Can you please update if any recent immigration changes around PBS depedent?

My wife came to UK in Sept 2013 through Tier 2 ICT Long term staff partner VISA (While i was holding Tier 2 ICT long term VISA). Her Tier 2 Parenter VISA expired on March 2015 when she moved to PBS depdent VISA from March 2015 till March 2018. This VISA was applied when i was holding ILR.

Now I am holding british Passport and her VISA epxiring on March 2018 so i am looking forward to extend her VISA as PBS depdent again and then in Sept 2018 when she complets 5 years in UK, i am looking forward to get the ILR applied.

However reading few threads i am getting an impression that PBS depedent route no longer leads to ILR, The only route leading to ILR for my wife would be through FLR- ME but in that case her clock will start from zero when she switches to FLR-M from PBS dependent in March 2018.

Can you please guide here?

Regards,
Dhruv

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent no longer leading to ILR? Please clarify

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Can you please update if any recent immigration changes around PBS depedent?
No changes, so not sure what you are reading or have 'heard'
However reading few threads i am getting an impression that PBS depedent route no longer leads to ILR, The only route leading to ILR for my wife would be through FLR- ME but in that case her clock will start from zero when she switches to FLR-M from PBS dependent in March 2018.
Which threads exactly have you been reading that states PBS Dependents route no longer leads to ILR??? I believe you are mistaken or are mis-reading stuff.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dhruv26186

Post by dhruv26186 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:47 am

Thank you...those threads are not on this forum but somewhere else.

The form which she used to extend her visa under PBS dependent in March 2015 was this one.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

Now referring to this Link, it shows that Tier 2 is no longer in the Form which makes me wonder ....

The Link automatically changes to below automatically...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -dependant

If you suggesting she can still apply to extend her VISA under PBS dependent Category, then which form shall she use for that? Can you please help...

My intension is to get her PBS Dependent extended from March 2018 and then in Sept 2018 when she completes 5 years, Go for ILR immediately.

Regards,
Dhruv

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:58 am

A simple Google search would have given you the correct answer. It is an online form only.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dhruv26186

Post by dhruv26186 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:10 am

Thank you once again.

So using this form she can extend her PBS dependent VISA as she entered through Tier 2 ICT depedent visa in Sept 2013. Correct?

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

Previously this form was paper form. Now it seems become an online form. Thats the only difference seems to me? right?

Once again, Sorry for silly questions but i am out of touch on this topics since quite some time and rules changes always worries me.

Regards,
Dhruv

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:14 am

So using this form she can extend her PBS dependent VISA as she entered through Tier 2 ICT depedent visa in Sept 2013. Correct?
Yes
Previously this form was paper form. Now it seems become an online form. Thats the only difference seems to me? right?
Correct
Once again, Sorry for silly questions but i am out of touch on this topics since quite some time and rules changes always worries me.
No rule changes, so stop worry. It is all available on HO website.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dhruv26186

Post by dhruv26186 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:26 am

thank you so much for all the quick responses.Very much appreciated.Bit relaxed now finally.

Regards,
Dhruv

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:29 am

Feel free to post any further questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dhruv26186

Post by dhruv26186 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:00 pm

As her current PBS Dep VISA is expiring by 31st March 2018, I am aiming to file extension by mid-Feb 2018. The question i have is, Does it cause any issue during PBS extension if she is having two brief absences in last year (i.e March 2017 till Feb 2018)?

1.She has been away from UK for 3 weeks already between this duration and 2. also likely to be away for more two months which is from beginning of Dec 2018 till End of Jan 2018. (family reasons). So overall that would come to 3 weeks + 8 Weeks Approx.

I am aware that to be eligible for ILR, persons must not have be away for more than 180 days each year for all 5 years. But above question is regarding PBS extension.

Appreciate your guidance.

Regards,
Dhruv

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:06 pm

There is NO absence limit for PBS dependents.
I am aware that to be eligible for ILR, persons must not have be away for more than 180 days each year for all 5 years. But above question is regarding PBS extension.

Nonsense. This is ONLY applicable to PBS main visa holders and NOT to PBS Dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dhruv26186

Post by dhruv26186 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:56 pm

Thank you so much for swift response.

Now she can happily avail her holiday in Dec-17/Jan-18 without worrying about her extension in March 2018 due to absences

Regards