ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgent advice on Dependent Visa please!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ianwx
Newly Registered

Need urgent advice on Dependent Visa please!!

Post by ianwx » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:14 am

I am posting on behalf of a friend of mine, who is a non-EU citizen. She has been married since December 2005.

Her husband, also non-EU, has a work permit which he got from his job as a social worker. She joined him in the UK in January 2007 and obtained a dependent visa - her passport states her visa type as "VISA STUDENT DEPENDANT" and at the bottom of the visa is handwritten "to join: (husband's name)".

The husband recently renewed the visa and she has a Residence Permit valid from February 2008 until Feb 2013. However, the husband has become abusive and eventually threw her out of his house. She managed to find somewhere else to live with friends, however he has been stalking her and has once forced his way into her house, refusing to leave until police arrived. He has also been sending threatening text messages about suicide, etc. which have also been reported to the police.

She now has two separate incident numbers for this behaviour and the police have offered to visit him and request he keeps his distance, however he is now threatening to ring the Home Office and tell them they are separated, saying that if he does so she will be deported.

Can anyone advise if this man is telling the truth, and if so does his behaviour (i.e. he threw her out of his house) change the circumstances of the separation at all?

Please help, she is desperate and very stressed out by this!

ianwx
Newly Registered

Post by ianwx » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi, please can anyone help on this at all??

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:52 pm

What does she want to do, stay in the UK?

Unless she can qualify under her own merits not possible, she should leave the UK asap since she is no longer dependant to her husband.

As I understand DV cannot be used here since neither are British Citz.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ianwx
Newly Registered

Post by ianwx » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:23 pm

Thankyou for reply! Yes, she wants to stay in the UK - she is already signed up to and attending an ACCA course so I think she can qualify as a student, also she has other family (an Uncle I think) living over here.

I understand in the eyes of the law she is no longer seen as dependent, however as she has been literally forced out of the home does she qualify for special treatment of any kind? Can she remain in the country as long as they are not divorced?

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:39 pm

good ways to be here

she can do acca any where in world

what is special here

only to work in asda / clean toilets of hotels / till

a another burden on state

a self espectd person will neve stay on some ones visa and go home and start new life as she is young

regards

ianwx
Newly Registered

Post by ianwx » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:11 am

sunny9675 wrote:only to work in asda / clean toilets of hotels / till

??

Maybe this is not the right place to ask about this sort of issue, I suppose. Thanks to all who replied anyway.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:46 am

I'm not sure if she can switch in-country from dependant to student (I don't think she can) so everyway you look she's gonna have to return to her home country and apply for a valid visa there.

The longer she leaves it the more bother she'll be in.

Ignore the previous poster, think huge chip on shoulder......
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:33 pm

sunny9675 wrote:good ways to be here

she can do acca any where in world

what is special here

only to work in asda / clean toilets of hotels / till

a self espectd person will neve stay on some ones visa and go home and start new life as she is young

regards
Sunny 9765, not very sunny are you?