ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Directive 2004/38/CE

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ensalmo
Newly Registered

EU Directive 2004/38/CE

Post by ensalmo » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:27 am

I am a non-EEA family member of an Austrian national both with permanent residence cards from the Home Office. Is it true that I can travel to other EU countries without the Schengen visa?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EU Directive 2004/38/CE

Post by Wanderer » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:38 am

ensalmo wrote:I am a non-EEA family member of an Austrian national both with permanent residence cards from the Home Office. Is it true that I can travel to other EU countries without the Schengen visa?
Theoretically yes, in practice not so easy since you need to convince people all along the way who are unaware of the directive.

So, if you fancy a battle, go for it, if you're looking for a stress-relieving break, just get the visa!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ensalmo
Newly Registered

Post by ensalmo » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:40 am

Many thanks. Will go for a visa !

mym
Member of Standing

Re: EU Directive 2004/38/CE

Post by mym » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:52 pm

ensalmo wrote:I am a non-EEA family member of an Austrian national both with permanent residence cards from the Home Office. Is it true that I can travel to other EU countries without the Schengen visa?
Yes.

http://ec.europa.eu/commission_barroso/ ... _ec_en.pdf
--
Mark Y-M
London