ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 changing emplyment while last apply is pending

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T2 changing emplyment while last apply is pending

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Jhay wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:14 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:06 pm
Jhay wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:03 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:57 am

If you applied for a visa before your last visas expiry date, your visa conditions continue and you can continue working for your sponsor (not a new sponsor though).
Thanks. That just confirm i cannot work then as my previous sponsor got their licence revoked.
In that case no, you cannot work until you get your new visa. The gap in employment will also be a problem for ILR if that is part of your future plan.

This is my biggest fear atm,, whats the point of waiting if i cannot apply for ilr anyway.. :?
Is the 5 year employment requirement should be continuous 5yrs?or as long as i completed 5years of employment for the whole 6years on tier2?
It must be continuous. Any employment gap of 60 days, calculated from your last date of employment to the date of next application, is an issue for ILR.

See, this is why I asked you to post your questions in your own topic. You have completely hijacked this one now with your continuous questions, which is unfair to the OP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jhay
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Jhay » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Jhay wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Jhay wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:57 am

If you applied for a visa before your last visas expiry date, your visa conditions continue and you can continue working for your sponsor (not a new sponsor though).
Thanks. That just confirm i cannot work then as my previous sponsor got their licence revoked.
In that case no, you cannot work until you get your new visa. The gap in employment will also be a problem for ILR if that is part of your future plan.

This is my biggest fear atm,, whats the point of waiting if i cannot apply for ilr anyway.. :?
Is the 5 year employment requirement should be continuous 5yrs?or as long as i completed 5years of employment for the whole 6years on tier2?
Sorry last one and i'll stop now.. although this will help the original poster anyway as we are on same situation...?...

Does it lead to refusal immediately if there is a gap of employment? You said just an issue with them...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Jhay wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:24 pm
Jhay wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Jhay wrote:

Sorry last one and i'll stop now.. although this will help the original poster anyway as we are on same situation...?...

Does it lead to refusal immediately if there is a gap of employment? You said just an issue with them...
Usually yes as it is written in the rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anina0816
Newly Registered

Post by anina0816 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:41 am

You have over complicated your application process by making an extra application with a different sponsor while having one was still pending. This is besides the fact that you cannot have two CoS's assigned to you at the same time.
Hi CR001,

My first CoS is signed on Oct 2016, it supposed to be valid for 3 months.
So when I signed my second CoS on 26th 2017, the first one has already expired.

I think that 's y my current sponsor is able to sign me a CoS, if I can not have two cos at the same time, I shall not be granted for the second CoS, is that correct?

And my current company applied Sponsor license earlier this year also mentioned that the reason they need a licence because after conducted RLMT, there is not settled worker suitable for the position, and they have submitted my name and other info, my RLMT, as a reason/prove to apply for sponsor licence.

Technically, HO should aware of that.
However, if they are not in the same department or team, it wouldnt be known about this process.....

anina0816
Newly Registered

Post by anina0816 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:42 pm

Jhay wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:10 pm
Whats happening to my posts? Its not posting. Tried 2x already qouting anina post but cant see my post..

Hi anina,

In reply to your post.

I hope the letter you made help your case...got my fingers and toes crossed for you..

How long you've been in tier2?

I am worried about mine as i am on my 6th year already...
Hi Jhay,

I have been tier 2 since Feb 2014.... so I need 1.5 more years to get ILR...

I have read your post .... ps: my first employer 's sponsorship 's revoked.

Since last year Oct, I havent been working as my visa is not been granted....
So worried this would be a huge gap if I apply ILR......

anina0816
Newly Registered

Post by anina0816 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi Jhay,

Quote from CR001,
It must be continuous. Any employment gap of 60 days, calculated from your last date of employment to the date of next application, is an issue for ILR.
As long as you applied within 60 days! you will be fine...
60 days is actually quiet tricky....

cos we need to find a new sponsor in the first 30 days... and use the second 30days to do RLMT....

So for example, the company i use to work, its sponsor license got revoked on 25th June 2016, we were granted for 90 days (instead 60 days says in guidance, cos the boss wrote to them and extended to 90 days),
and I submitted my application with company B on 6th Sep 2016.

It is actually within 90days,.... that means your employment didnt breaking the continuously...

However, my application was been pending till now .... so i dont know will this whole unemployed year would be a big gap for ILR :( :(

Jhay
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Jhay » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:18 pm

Isn't they're just saying "60 days" because of the visa being curtailed???? But as long as you apply before curtailment end you'll be fine with the 60day gap?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:31 pm

Jhay wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:18 pm
Isn't they're just saying "60 days" because of the visa being curtailed???? But as long as you apply before curtailment end you'll be fine with the 60day gap?
Don't confuse the '60 days employment gap' for ILR with the 60 days curtailment dates to apply for a visa. They are two different things.
Char (CR001 not Casa)