ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British naturalisation question, please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sly419
Newly Registered
Nigeria

British naturalisation question, please help

Post by sly419 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:52 pm

Hi there,

Hope someone can help me here, I'll keep this short:

About three years ago I did my application for British naturalisation with all the documents required and form filled in but was rejected because I had been convicted of being drunk and disordely the previous year (as I was only fined I stupidly did not think this would have an effect on my application but it's a lesson learned).

It's been three years now so i know I can apply again and should have no issues this times. My question is can I send the same application form filled in last time with all of the supporting documentation or do I have to have them all re-signed again?

Thanks

zapzap

Re: British naturalisation question, please help

Post by zapzap » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:08 pm

new updated form will be needed (dated February 2017) and also referees signatures will be needed on this fresh application

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 02-17.pdf

sly419
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sly419 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Thanks, for the reply. Does this mean I would also have to re-do the life in the UK test?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:26 pm

sly419 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:15 pm
Does this mean I would also have to re-do the life in the UK test?
No. But you will need to check if your English test is still valid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vitaphilly
Newly Registered
France

Post by vitaphilly » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:01 am

Hi, sly419 could I please ask if your application was rejected because you didn’t wait for 3 years after conviction or just in general because you had DR10? I made same stupid mistake back in 2010, it has been 7 years now, but I’m still not convinced that I meet Good character criteria :( Even I didn’t have any other accidents like that after. On DVLA print history it says it will be removed only after 11 years, 2021. Any experience and advice or opinions are very welcome. Thank you

sly419
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sly419 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi,

Yes in the letter I was sent that was the reason given - and it also stated that I am free to reapply once the period of time was over (which was March this year).

I'm not sure what they sent you but they should have given you a timeframe for when you were free to reapply.