ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

savit
Newly Registered

ILR document check list for tier 1 general dependent

Post by savit » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi friends.
im confused in regard to the documents which i have to submit for my ILR application through 5 years route as dependent of Tier 1 general dependent. My husband is naturalised as British citizen through 5 years on Tier 1 and 1 year ILR.
Im self employed and i am not able to confirm the list of supporting documets required to be submitted along with my application. Can someone please list down the document required? should i be submitting my documents or husbands documents?

I have completed life in UK and english test so far

Regards
Savi

savit
Newly Registered

ILR for dependent

Post by savit » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:18 am

Hi friends.

I'm confused in regard to the documents which i have to submit for my ILR application through 5 years route as dependent of Tier 1 general dependent(Im self employed ). My husband is naturalised as British citizen through 5 years on Tier 1 and 1 year ILR.

Please can you let me know few details

1. which form should i use?
2. list of supporting documents to be submited?

Regards
Savi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for dependent

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:42 am

Set(O)

Read through the form and guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

savit
Newly Registered

Post by savit » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:01 pm

the confusion is because, the form is always speaking about applicant and the partner in different fields. should i be filling my details or my husband details as i am a dependent and not the main applicant. same time, my husband is no more applying for ILR as he is naturalized last year.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 pm

YOU are the main applicant, applying on your own.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

savit
Newly Registered

Post by savit » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Thank you. regarding the section 9. should i provide my self employed details or should i be providing my husband details for this section? not sure if it is my documents or not

savit
Newly Registered

Post by savit » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:21 pm

Im sorry to ask so much in detail as im struggling to understand requirement for dependents.

Thank you. regarding the section 9. should i provide my self employed details or should i be providing my husband details for this section? not sure if it is my documents or not

savit
Newly Registered

Post by savit » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:45 am

Please can someone advise pls.. sorry to chase this one

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:35 am

Section 9 - Tier 1 points scoring assessment
Applicants who are applying for indefinite leave to remain in the following categories are required
to complete this section:
• Tier 1 (General) (excluding applicants applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial
Review Policy Document
• Tier 1 (Investor), including accelerated route
• Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), including accelerated route
If you are applying in a category other than those listed above, please go to Section 10.

You do not fall in the categories listed, so go on to Section 10.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

savit
Newly Registered

Post by savit » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:56 pm

thanks for response.
section 12 is so confusing and i'm not sure which category i should be selecting as there is no PBS dependent/tier1 dependent available for selection.

i have excluded section 2, section 9 and some portions of section 5- 5.6-5.9

hope that is correct

savit
Newly Registered

Post by savit » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:03 am

the form is so un clear and that is why im have to seek assistance. please can someone advise my previous question and also would be great wht documents i need to carry.i understand this might sound silly, but dont want to be in trouble when we spend nearly 3k for this appointment
thanks a ton for all the help so far

savit
Newly Registered

Post by savit » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:01 pm

Hi experts

Please can i get some advise. no answers are of no help. :(

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:02 pm

savit wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:56 pm
thanks for response.
section 12 is so confusing and i'm not sure which category i should be selecting as there is no PBS dependent/tier1 dependent available for selection.

i have excluded section 2, section 9 and some portions of section 5- 5.6-5.9

hope that is correct
Not sure why it is confusing.

12A is for all applicants and 12M for any that are not covered in the other sections. It asks for a letter and any additional documents (your husband's passport/BRP, marriage cert, cohabitation evidence, etc. can be added here)
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

savit
Newly Registered

Post by savit » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:51 pm

Thank you for all help. my appointment is tomorrow and i wish all goes well. thanks for all help

savit
Newly Registered

Post by savit » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:25 pm

thank you marcnath. my application was successful and ILR is now granted.

as my husband is having british passport, i assume that i can apply for british passport as soon as brp card is arrived. isnt it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:32 pm

savit wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:25 pm
as my husband is having british passport, i assume that i can apply for british passport as soon as brp card is arrived. isnt it?
Yes, provided you meet ALL the requirements based on the last 3 years residence, including absence limit and being physically present in the UK on the same corresponding date in 2014 to the date you submit your application.

Please ask your citizenship questions in the British citizenship sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:48 am

savit wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:25 pm
thank you marcnath. my application was successful and ILR is now granted.

Congratulations ! Good to know it all went well.

Monajasra
Newly Registered

Post by Monajasra » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:07 pm

Hi
I am applying for ILR on 5 yr spouse route, can u gv me the list of supporting documents pls.

Thanks,
Monika

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:52 am

Monajasra wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:07 pm
Hi
I am applying for ILR on 5 yr spouse route, can u gv me the list of supporting documents pls.

Thanks,
Monika
Can you either start your own topic with your questions or continue in one you already have instead of tagging onto another members thread. It is considered rude and creates confusion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)