ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI for spouse?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vkova
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Sickness insurance for family members

Post by vkova » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:05 pm

Hello,

I am about to apply for PR but have been self-sufficient in the past year. Took out comprehensive sickness insurance when I stopped working, but not for my family. My son is British and my husband is a working EU national, could this be a problem?
Also, I am receiving child benefit after my son, could this affect my application?

Many thanks for your advice in advance!

vkova
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Sickness insurance for family members

Post by vkova » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:42 am

Anyone's reply would be highly appreciated!

vkova
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

CSI for spouse?

Post by vkova » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:52 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following:
I am self-sufficient at the moment and have CSI, does my working EU spouse required to hold one in order for me to qualify for PR?

Selbon
Newly Registered

Re: CSI for spouse?

Post by Selbon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:29 am

vkova wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:52 pm
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following:
I am self-sufficient at the moment and have CSI, does my working EU spouse required to hold one in order for me to qualify for PR?
Hi vkova, are you a Non-EEA or EEA? If your sponsor is working you don't need CSI...

vkova
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by vkova » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:32 pm

Thank you for your response.
I am EEA and so is my spouse. He has been in full-time employment in the past 4.5 years. I assume I am going to have to submit his P60s too then. Do you know if receiving child benefit could affect my application?
Many thanks

vkova
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by vkova » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:33 pm

Oh, he is not my sponsor. It would be an individual application for PR.

Selbon
Newly Registered

Post by Selbon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:09 pm

vkova wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:33 pm
Oh sorry anyway your spouse doesn't need CSI because he is working. Only self sufficient person and student that needed CSI for PR.

Selbon
Newly Registered

Post by Selbon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:24 pm

vkova wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:32 pm
Thank you for your response.
I am EEA and so is my spouse. He has been in full-time employment in the past 4.5 years. I assume I am going to have to submit his P60s too then. Do you know if receiving child benefit could affect my application?
Many thanks
I think as a self sufficient person you need to send a proof that you have enough source of living (example bank statements or saving accounts)....regarding child benefit I'm not really sure about that...sorry

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:11 am

vkova wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:33 pm
Why not? He doesn't have to apply at the same time as you. The simple thing to demonstrate is that you were working for 4 years and then he was working for one year. You have then demonstrably accumulated the 5 years of qualifying residence under the EEA Regulations, and have achieved PR.

Indeed, if he has achieved and retained PR, you do not even have to demonstrate that he was working for that time. How is your son British?

vkova
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by vkova » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Richard, thank you for your response. Do you mean that we could be each other's sponsor? He took some time off 5 years ago but I was working, does that mean that I could be his sponsor for that year and he could be mine for the past few months even though we don't apply for PR together? I have qualifying 5 years working + being self-sufficient with CSI, if he was working he didn't have to have CRI, did he? My son is from a previous relationship, hence he is British.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:31 pm

vkova wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:52 pm
Richard, thank you for your response. Do you mean that we could be each other's sponsor?
Yes!