ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DIFFERENT SPELLING NAME ISSUE

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chischis12
Indonesia

DIFFERENT SPELLING NAME ISSUE

Post by Chischis12 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:47 pm

Hello guys, My dad's name is spelled differently in birth certificate and bank statement. But his name which is stated on the bank statement is the same with in the family card. What do we need to proof that those names are the same person. It's only one alphabet different. Will this be a big issue of refusal?? Please let me know. I have read some mentioned about affidavit but in my country, there's no such thing.. but we can go to Notrary for this cos he is legal department. Pls advise

narjas101
Newly Registered
Bahrain

Re: DIFFERENT SPELLING NAME ISSUE

Post by narjas101 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:22 am

Is the birth certificate translated or is it in English? Happened to me once when I submitted a translated version of my birth certificate, my parent's name was a bit misspelled, I think it should be fine.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:12 am

Chischis12 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:47 pm
But his name which is stated on the bank statement is the same with in the family card.
What is a family card, and why are you including it in your application?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:28 am

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:12 am
Chischis12 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:47 pm
But his name which is stated on the bank statement is the same with in the family card.
What is a family card, and why are you including it in your application?
FAmily card is a common in Indonesia, it contains family details: member etc.. its from the government. Pls advise me about the spelling mistake...? What people usually do to overcome this for visa application

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:53 am

Chischis12 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:28 am
Pls advise me about the spelling mistake...? What people usually do to overcome this for visa application
This wouldn't "usually" happen! If there is a spelling mistake on your father's birth certificate, I would have advised that you avoid using it by having him transfer the money to you upfront. If it is too late for that, you will need to add an explanation of the mistake, perhaps a letter from your father, augmented by the FRC.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:00 am

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:53 am
Chischis12 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:28 am
Pls advise me about the spelling mistake...? What people usually do to overcome this for visa application
This wouldn't "usually" happen! If there is a spelling mistake on your father's birth certificate, I would have advised that you avoid using it by having him transfer the money to you upfront. If it is too late for that, you will need to add an explanation of the mistake, perhaps a letter from your father, augmented by the FRC.
I already sent them declaration letter like affidavit letter and notified and signed by notary(lawyer) i hope it's not o prob for them :( what do you think

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:10 am

Chischis12 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:00 am
I already sent them declaration letter like affidavit letter and notified and signed by notary(lawyer) i hope it's not o prob for them :( what do you think
I assume it will be okay, but sorry I don't know.

Chooka_v
Newly Registered

Post by Chooka_v » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:18 am

Usually, depends on the difference and the ECO looking at it.

A difference in spelling of Mohammad, muhammad, Mohamad, etc is usually acceptable. Some areas a change from an I or a Y or similar is not an issue also.

Depends a bit on the ECO looking at the file.