ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP Advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CGTrento
Newly Registered

FLR FP Advice

Post by CGTrento » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm

Hello all,

I am hoping you can help to advise a friend who is looking to apply using the FLR (FP) Form.

Current situation:

-Applicant is Vietamese
- Student Visa expired in April 2017
- Applied for FLR (HRO) on medical grounds based on pregnancy and unfit / safe to travel return to home country. (Likely to be eventually be refused but still pending at this stage).
- Now Mother of a British child (born in the UK - Birth certificate available & passport pending)
- Living with British partner (although they are unmarried and have not been living together for 2 years).
- Proof that pregnancy was not planned (NHS letter confirming copper coil was removed at time pregnancy was discovered - My friend has been told that this may help their case as the situation was not planned but they genuinely want to do what is best for the child (i.e. mother living with father in the UK who can provide for them.)
- Father owns UK property where the 3 currently live and has had a stable job for 6 years+
- Basis of the claim is that by allowing mother to stay in the UK they are doing the best for the child. If mother returns home then the father will no longer be able to work to support the family.

Thank you

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR FP Advice

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:47 pm

Is she planning partner or parent route.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

CGTrento
Newly Registered

Post by CGTrento » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

She has been advised by one solicitor to apply for both but will call again to clarify as reading the definitions it appears that she doesn't technically qualify for either (unless she is misunderstanding the eligibility)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:45 pm

She doesn't qualify for the FLR(FP) PARENT route if she is living with her partner/child's father.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:45 pm
She doesn't qualify for the FLR(FP) PARENT route if she is living with her partner/child's father.
...and neither can you apply simultaneously for two different categories of visa. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:41 pm

CGTrento wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 pm

- Living with British partner (although they are unmarried and have not been living together for 2 years).
Is there a requirement to have lived together for the last 2 years?

Thanks,
K.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:59 pm

KenBossini wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:41 pm
Is there a requirement to have lived together for the last 2 years?

Thanks,
K.
Yes. FLR(FP) Partner is quite difficult to get as an unmarried partner.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NG1983
United Kingdom

Post by NG1983 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi Obie!!!i have been trying to get in touch with you..Your contact details I have aint going through..I hope you will see this message and probably give me a call.

@Case what is the requirement for married couples living together who wish to apply for a FLR based on British child and one settled parents?? Please
PRICELESS

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:43 pm

NG1983 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:34 pm
Hi Obie!!!i have been trying to get in touch with you..Your contact details I have aint going through..I hope you will see this message and probably give me a call.

@Case what is the requirement for married couples living together who wish to apply for a FLR based on British child and one settled parents?? Please
All question etc should stay on the forum for the benefit of others.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:41 pm

Members don't have the privilege of the PM facility until they have contributed 30 posts on the forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.