ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - Proof of English Language

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dudley83
Newly Registered

URGENT - Proof of English Language

Post by Dudley83 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:17 pm

Good evening all.

We had requested out documents back so we could fly out on vacation. My wife has since been contacted by the home office asking for her to send in her Mexican passport and proof of English language. She had sent in her TEFL certificate in once, does she need to send it again or is this seen as insufficient for English language knowledge?

She was taught English at school for 15 years and was even an English language teacher for 2 years (no documents to back this up that I can think of).

What else would they require? Do we just send back the TEFL certificate and hope it's enough?

Thanks

AdInfernos
Spain

Re: URGENT - Proof of English Language

Post by AdInfernos » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:44 pm

Hello

Take a look at number 3 here: https://www.gov.uk/english-language

Only those specific tests are accepted. I have Cambridge CAE proving level C2, but is not accepted. My wife, with the First Certificate proving a B2 level also has to sit one of those tests.

Fortunately I have an UK degree.

Nonsense in my opinion.