ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa before spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jderie
Newly Registered

Visitor visa before spouse visa

Post by Jderie » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:22 pm

Hi Guys just wanted to ask if my fiancé apples for a tourist visa to come over for a couple weeks will that affect our application for spousal visa? We are getting married in May 2018 in the Dominican Republic where he is from.

I'm about to send a letter of invitation for him to apply for his tourist visa. He plans to come for 1-2 weeks depending what work will allow. Other than the copies of my passport and tenancy agreement is there anything else I should include with my letter? Thank you in advance

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Visitor visa before spouse visa

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:06 pm

Unlikely to be granted with a spouse/fiance in UK...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Jderie
Newly Registered

Post by Jderie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:47 pm

Oh that's a shame we not married yet why would they turn us down?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Jderie wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:47 pm
Oh that's a shame we not married yet why would they turn us down?
They assume the intention is to not return and attempt to remain under human rights etc, after a long history of abuses like this it's not even possible to switch from visit visa now.

The innocent suffer as usual.

it may be worth a try, visa is only £85 or so I think, you may be lucky but while a refusal won't affect your fiance application, never good to have it on one's record...

The would be looking for reasons to return, so you would need a assure them of that, and of course this is the issue, because ultimately the intent is not to return...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....