ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extented Family Memebers of EEA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aaarshad
Newly Registered

Extented Family Memebers of EEA

Post by aaarshad » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:22 pm

Dear all,

I like to get some advice from all of you if possible, Im a NON EEA family member, i have residence card. living in UK. soon i am applying for my Mother,on the basis of extended family member. she lives in Pakistan,
i have my case with a solicitor but i am still not sure if there is any changes in the rules for the extended family members. I send remittances to my mother from quite sometime now and i fulfilled the documentation which my solicitor asked but still not sure if he not making money out me!! Please advice on this thanks

secret.simon

Re: Extented Family Memebers of EEA

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:25 pm

What is your relation to the EEA national?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:34 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:25 pm
Suggest you read OP's other posts, the a lot more to this than meets the eye, OP hasn't given us the whole story...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

aaarshad
Newly Registered

Post by aaarshad » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Im married to EEA national / Civil Partner

aaarshad
Newly Registered

Post by aaarshad » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:41 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:25 pm
Im married to EEA National also i have one Son which is EEA national aswell

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:34 pm
Suggest you read OP's other posts, the a lot more to this than meets the eye, OP hasn't given us the whole story...
Thanks for the tip.

To the OP, provided you remain married to the EEA national, your mother can apply as the direct family member of an EEA citizen if you can prove that she is dependent on either the EEA citizen or on their spouse (you).

However, if you divorce the EEA national and are on RoR, you lose the ability to sponsor anybody. RoR is a purely personal status and you cannot sponsor anybody.

Once you acquire PR under the EEA Regulations, not being an EEA citizen yourself, you will only be able to sponsor under the UK Immigration Rules, which is practically impossible to get for Adult Dependent Relatives.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

aaarshad
Newly Registered

Post by aaarshad » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:37 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:00 pm
Wanderer wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:34 pm
Thanks for the tip.

To the OP, provided you remain married to the EEA national, your mother can apply as the direct family member of an EEA citizen if you can prove that she is dependent on either the EEA citizen or on their spouse (you).

However, if you divorce the EEA national and are on RoR, you lose the ability to sponsor anybody. RoR is a purely personal status and you cannot sponsor anybody.

Once you acquire PR under the EEA Regulations, not being an EEA citizen yourself, you will only be able to sponsor under the UK Immigration Rules, which is practically impossible to get for Adult Dependent Relatives.
Thank you Secret.Simon for a brief reply on this but i red the following so was worried

From 1 February 2017 the rights of extended family members only
applies to relatives of the EEA national and not to relatives of the EEA national’s spouse or civil
partner. This means that an extended family member can no longer rely on the
ir relationship to the EEA national’s spouse or civil partner in order to meet the
requirements of regulation 8. Instead, they must show that they are related to the
EEA national.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 pm

aaarshad wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:37 pm
i red the following so was worried

applies to relatives of the EEA national and not to relatives of the EEA national’s spouse or civil
ir relationship to the EEA national’s spouse or civil partner in order to meet the
requirements of regulation 8. Instead, they must show that they are related to the
EEA national.
Where did you read this? Can you provide a link to the website or other source?

In any case, your mother is not an extended family member. She is a direct family member if she is dependent on you.

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:12 am

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 pm
aaarshad wrote:

EEA national.

In any case, your mother is not an extended family member. She is a direct family member if she is dependent on you.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s-V5_0.pdf

Follow Page 6 secret.simon

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:51 am

aarshad01 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:12 am
secret.simon wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 pm
aaarshad wrote:

EEA national.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s-V5_0.pdf

Follow Page 6 secret.simon
Do you know how much time does it take HOMEOFFICE answer to this application is it 6 months aswell applying from outside UK ?