ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after submitting Form AN - can I do biometrics in advance?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamEnergy
Newly Registered

Travel after submitting Form AN - can I do biometrics in advance?

Post by jamEnergy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:43 am

I unfortunately have a holiday forced on me (family etc).

I submitted Form AN and the HO emailed acknowledgement on the 18th Sept.

I know that I'm going to get a request for biometrics at some point soon - can I do this in advance at a post office, or does it have to come after the letter?

I'm away for ~12 days between 27th Sept -> 8th Oct.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travel after submitting Form AN - can I do biometrics in advance?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:47 am

No.

The Biometrics Letter contain a unique QR like field that needs to be scanned by the Post Office. You have 15 days from the date of the letter to have this done so you may be ok, otherwise you'll get a second letter giving 10 days, after that your application will be returned.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jamEnergy
Newly Registered

Post by jamEnergy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Thanks for your answer.

Do you think I should write to the HO? I sent an email saying I'd be unavailable for a bit, and also called them, but the person on the other end of the line didn't really seem to care to pass the information along, just told me not to travel...

edit: Judging by the timelines in other posts, I may well get a chance to do the biometric thingy before I leave (if the request arrives before 26th, seems like it doesn't usually take longer than a week to get the letter).

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:24 pm

The response to your enquiries tells you that writing a letter likely won't help either.
You may have it by the time you return - get somebody to check your mail so you have pre-warning.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:44 am

You might luck out and get the biometrics letter right before you leave for your holiday, but it's likely that it will come while you're away. You have 15 working days from the date of the letter, which means that even in the unlikely event the letter is issued today, you'll still have time to submit your biometrics once you get back from your holiday. Just plan on doing it the first day that you're back.

jamEnergy
Newly Registered

Post by jamEnergy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:23 am

It came today :) I'll make a timeline post to help others gather evidence so they can hopefully have a go at guessing how to handle their own situations.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:33 am

There are already numerous timeline threads. Kindly post in one relevant to your month of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.