ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lifeisadream
United Kingdom

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Lifeisadream » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:25 am

Misskatie wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:47 pm
Hi all. Quick update.

My Peruvian parnter applied in Lima in April. Hold email received In May. At the beginning of September the embassy Called me to advise they didn’t recieve my income documents and I had 10 days to send them. Sent them on September 5th. Today the embassy Called me asking when my parnter intends to travel. I asked if this means it’s been approved and she said yes! So. They are processing hold applications, just painfully slowly. Good luck to everyone still waiting
Good news.
I also applied on April and recieved hold email on July. Today I phoned the home office and he mentioned he will urgently escalate my case.

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:43 am

trsiam88 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:42 am
metanoia wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:56 am
hadeea wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:30 am

after 8 months yesterday HO emailed my husband, his academic ELETS does nor meet requirent of HO, wants ,they need relevant certificate that meets their guideline.
Did he not take IELTS for UKVI, as normal IELTS is not acceptable. I took the wrong one too but thanks to this forum found out in time and did A1 before submitting my application.

How much time they have given you to submit the correct certificate. A1 results take 7 days if your husband can find availability in a test even if he have to travel to another city. Alternatively you can try for UK Naric certificate.

Hopefully you'll find a solution in given time.
@Hadeea - I have had a very similar email from the HO on monday this week asking for the valid IELTS for UKVI certificate to be sent to them.

I had sent my wife's IELTs Academic instead of UKVI, I knew this was not acceptable but only got to know off it after submitting online application, so in a rush had to sort out UK NARIC instead as we couldn't get any exam dates within the 15 days after submission. We sent the UK NARIC and IELTs academic in the supporting documents, as I didnt want them to blindly reject the application when they did not see an IELTs certificate in the pack, especially when I had mentioned in the application question.

So I have resent them, via email, the UK NARIC letters, degree and transcript. Now its just a waiting game yet again......They did also send me a 'Case not straightforward' email right after emailing me about the IELTs certificate, did you get one too?
I thought that the IELTS academic test from a UKVI approved test centre is accepted, is this not true?? My wife received CEFR of B2 which is higher than the minimum requirement of A1. I have read a few posts in this forum about it being accepted.
Biometrics Ahmedabad : 06/01/17 Standard
Documents sent: 06/01 | Received - Sheffield: 09/01
Case Not Straight Forward Email: 31/03
Contacted MP: 19/06
31st October Email: 25/09
Unable to provide Timescale Email: 09/10

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:07 pm

vsab101 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:43 am

I thought that the IELTS academic test from a UKVI approved test centre is accepted, is this not true?? My wife received CEFR of B2 which is higher than the minimum requirement of A1. I have read a few posts in this forum about it being accepted.
In case of IELTS Academic or General Training it needs to be IELTS for UKVI. You can check on the certificate if it has a UKVI number along with other details. This is an additional requirement along with meeting the minimum requirement or higher, and UKVI aapproved test centre.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

Christ-Believer
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Christ-Believer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:15 pm

Lifeisadream wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:25 am
Good news.
I also applied on April and recieved hold email on July. Today I phoned the home office and he mentioned he will urgently escalate my case.
When you say you called the HO, do you mean you called the UKVI call centre?

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:30 pm

metanoia wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:07 pm
vsab101 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:43 am

In case of IELTS Academic or General Training it needs to be IELTS for UKVI. You can check on the certificate if it has a UKVI number along with other details. This is an additional requirement along with meeting the minimum requirement or higher, and UKVI aapproved test centre.
thanks for replying. I dont see any UKVI number, it has Test Centre Number and test report number. my mate's wife had the same, only difference was she did general IELTS test but no specifics of ukvi number on the certificate, his visa has been approved. if youre referring to UKVI test centre number then it matches with the UKVI approved centre guide list.

Lifeisadream
United Kingdom

Post by Lifeisadream » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:40 pm

Christ-Believer wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:15 pm
Lifeisadream wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:25 am
Good news.
When you say you called the HO, do you mean you called the UKVI call centre?
Yes I meant the call centre. He mentioned that they will reply back to me within 10 working days .

Christ-Believer
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Christ-Believer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:19 pm

The UKVI call center has no power and the escalation does nothing.

The UKVI call center act as a private business set up to make money on the side of being a point of call for general inquiries and application updates.

They can not make the decision process any faster or give any insight for the delay.

If you're waiting for a decision then don't waste your time or money calling/emailing the UKVI paid service because they can not do anything and will only give you false hope.

The best solution is to contact your MP, make a complaint on the official HomeOffice website and in all honesty pray to God and be patient.

Some people are still waiting since November 2016 so imagine what they are going through.

This time will pass and we'll all look back one day knowing God was and is in control.

Amen

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:34 am
Hi Hadeea

Did u apply priority??

Also did u receive any of the following emails.. Case not straightforward or Hold??
no it was standard application

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:26 pm

metanoia wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:56 am
hadeea wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:30 am

after 8 months yesterday HO emailed my husband, his academic ELETS does nor meet requirent of HO, wants ,they need relevant certificate that meets their guideline.
Did he not take IELTS for UKVI, as normal IELTS is not acceptable. I took the wrong one too but thanks to this forum found out in time and did A1 before submitting my application.

How much time they have given you to submit the correct certificate. A1 results take 7 days if your husband can find availability in a test even if he have to travel to another city. Alternatively you can try for UK Naric certificate.

Hopefully you'll find a solution in given time.
he has both ILETS with UKVI academic and ILETS simple academic. today he sent 1st one ILETS with UKVI, C1 band, let us see if it is acceptable or not

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:01 pm

hadeea wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:24 pm
Mehmoods87 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:34 am
Hi Hadeea

Did u apply priority??

Also did u receive any of the following emails.. Case not straightforward or Hold??
no it was standard application
we applied on 19 jan 2017. right after 3 months on 20the april we chasing our case, next day received, your case is not straingt forward.but i m sure that was a generic mail

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:02 pm

jrsaundh wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:26 am
Hi guys, I was wondering if you can shed some light on my situation. I would gladly like to share my experience in order to help others in a similar situation.

Long story short, my wife submitted her Spouse visa application at the visa office in Ukraine on the 14th July. They scanned all the relevant documents required. On the 24th July the hardcopy of her application was sent via Special Delivery to Sheffield. A few days letter we received confirmation that Sheffield has received her application.

It is now the 22nd September and we have heard no reply. To make matters even more frustrating we paid for priority service. We were informed that the application would take 15 working days after submittion. However, I was aware there could be some delays having adopted a realistic approach to the entire process. But this is absolutely ridiculous - paying for a priority service, being told 15 working days and it is now 2 months with no response. All we can see is "awaiting decision".

Furthermore, I have a lawyer and he has taken care of everything - created the application, cover letters, legal representation, making the appointments etc. Etc. About 28 working days into submission my lawyer sent a letter of complaint via special delivery to the Home Office demanding a valid reason as to why our application is so delayed under a priority service. There has been no response or outcome from that letter.

My wife and I are incredibly frustrated.
Hi Jrsaundh,
There are people waiting here since Last Nov and also some are from Oct 2016. If you applied as a priority service then you can get the priority amount back. There were many people who applied priority service and as it delayed they refunded the priority fees back. Just go through the old posts of this this thread. You will come to know how to claim the priority fees as they failed to process your application as priority based.
All the best.

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:12 pm

jrsaundh wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:26 am
Hi guys, I was wondering if you can shed some light on my situation. I would gladly like to share my experience in order to help others in a similar situation.

Long story short, my wife submitted her Spouse visa application at the visa office in Ukraine on the 14th July. They scanned all the relevant documents required. On the 24th July the hardcopy of her application was sent via Special Delivery to Sheffield. A few days letter we received confirmation that Sheffield has received her application.

It is now the 22nd September and we have heard no reply. To make matters even more frustrating we paid for priority service. We were informed that the application would take 15 working days after submittion. However, I was aware there could be some delays having adopted a realistic approach to the entire process. But this is absolutely ridiculous - paying for a priority service, being told 15 working days and it is now 2 months with no response. All we can see is "awaiting decision".

Furthermore, I have a lawyer and he has taken care of everything - created the application, cover letters, legal representation, making the appointments etc. Etc. About 28 working days into submission my lawyer sent a letter of complaint via special delivery to the Home Office demanding a valid reason as to why our application is so delayed under a priority service. There has been no response or outcome from that letter.

My wife and I are incredibly frustrated.
hi jrsaundh
dont expect any reply before 60 working days even if ur case is priority case, normaly 3 to 4 months for priority case and 6 to 8 months for standard cases

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:43 pm

vsab101 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:30 pm

thanks for replying. I dont see any UKVI number, it has Test Centre Number and test report number. my mate's wife had the same, only difference was she did general IELTS test but no specifics of ukvi number on the certificate, his visa has been approved. if youre referring to UKVI test centre number then it matches with the UKVI approved centre guide list.
I'm no expert, i only know as much i have read here and my google searches.

I have read few threads where it was advised to make sure to apply with IELTS for UKVI (SELT approved) and few where people have been refused for not providing the appropriate test certificate.

immigration-for-family-members/is-ielts ... LTS%20ukvi

Here's one thread link, rest you can search on the forum if you wish to inquire.
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:13 pm

metanoia wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:43 pm
vsab101 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:30 pm

I'm no expert, i only know as much i have read here and my google searches.

I have read few threads where it was advised to make sure to apply with IELTS for UKVI (SELT approved) and few where people have been refused for not providing the appropriate test certificate.

immigration-for-family-members/is-ielts ... LTS%20ukvi

Here's one thread link, rest you can search on the forum if you wish to inquire.
Thanks again, Appreciate your help. I am considering sending UK Naric now, just incase.

blueorchids007
Nigeria

Post by blueorchids007 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:16 pm

blueorchids007 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:49 pm
Timeline:
Application date: 17th May 2017
Bio-metrics Submission: 5th June 2017
Supporting Documents to Sheffield:6th June 2017
Email Notification from TLS(Application Received by UK Visas & Immigration): 6th June 2017
Email Notification from VisaInfo Sheffield(Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK): 27th June and 5th July 2017 (Same Email)
Supporting Documents returned: 1st September 2017
TLS Site
Application Submitted: Success
Transferred for Decision: Success
Received by UKVI: Success
Decision Made: N/A
Ready for Collection: N/A
Passport Returned: N/A

No communication from Sheffield since 5th July. Nothing about pause, or complicated stuff. (We meet all requirements and went through an immigration solicitor to cover our bases).Wife has called twice now and given the same runaround of escalation, bla bla bla, after wasting at least £50 on the phone. Just frustrated right now as its a big strain on us emotionally, financially and mentally. Will get solicitor to write them next week if no update by the end of the week, and wifey will also consider getting her MP involved.
Update:

Finally! The wait is over! Got my visa today. Will be going home to my wife after almost 4 months. Thanks to everyone in the forum for your support. I wish you all a positive result in the quest to reunite with your loved ones..

Decision Made: 31st August 2017
Ready for Collection: 21st September 2017
Passport Returned: 21st September 2017

I did not get a hold/not straightforward email. It was a standard application. Now I have to get to the UK in 7 days before my entry visa expires!

LilyY
Newly Registered

Post by LilyY » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:01 am

blueorchids007 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:16 pm
blueorchids007 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:49 pm
Timeline:
Application date: 17th May 2017
Bio-metrics Submission: 5th June 2017
Supporting Documents to Sheffield:6th June 2017
Email Notification from TLS(Application Received by UK Visas & Immigration): 6th June 2017
Email Notification from VisaInfo Sheffield(Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK): 27th June and 5th July 2017 (Same Email)
Supporting Documents returned: 1st September 2017
TLS Site
Application Submitted: Success
Transferred for Decision: Success
Received by UKVI: Success
Decision Made: N/A
Ready for Collection: N/A
Passport Returned: N/A

No communication from Sheffield since 5th July. Nothing about pause, or complicated stuff. (We meet all requirements and went through an immigration solicitor to cover our bases).Wife has called twice now and given the same runaround of escalation, bla bla bla, after wasting at least £50 on the phone. Just frustrated right now as its a big strain on us emotionally, financially and mentally. Will get solicitor to write them next week if no update by the end of the week, and wifey will also consider getting her MP involved.
Update:

Finally! The wait is over! Got my visa today. Will be going home to my wife after almost 4 months. Thanks to everyone in the forum for your support. I wish you all a positive result in the quest to reunite with your loved ones..

Decision Made: 31st August 2017
Ready for Collection: 21st September 2017
Passport Returned: 21st September 2017

I did not get a hold/not straightforward email. It was a standard application. Now I have to get to the UK in 7 days before my entry visa expires!
That's wonderful Blueorchids007! I can only imagine how excited you and your wife must be! Happy journey :)

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:52 pm

How do you contact your mp? By email or through phone ?? Can someone plz help

ghetto Superstar
Newly Registered

Post by ghetto Superstar » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:31 pm

O well ive been waiting now 93 days now. I made a phone call to them and still havent had any reply from them

Unbelievable I think the UK scheme is a money making scheme, They claim they back up on over 3000 applications but if you go on the visa4uk site they still taking application and peoples money

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:38 pm

Ish21 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:52 pm
You can contact either way

http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Dear Members
i have a query, can any one confirm that ILETS Academic for UKVI with C1 Level is acceptable for spouse settlement visa?
regards

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:58 pm

metanoia wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:38 pm
Ish21 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:52 pm
You can contact either way

http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

I did email them but they havent responded been 2 days now

aysun90
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by aysun90 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:13 am

Can someone post their cover letter they sent with their application please?

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:59 am

Also why have they stuck all the may applications which are case not straightforward when will they check them? It will be 96 working days tomorrow for me now so stressed what should i do? They have even contacted me and my employer but still heard nothing since then

hadeea
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hadeea » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:38 am

hadeea wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:21 pm
Dear Members
i have a query, can any one confirm that ILETS Academic for UKVI with C1 Level is acceptable for spouse settlement visa?
regards

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:39 pm

Does it matter if your financial year doesnt add up to £18,600 but your 6months payslips do?